Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest showing videos of crippled folks and.......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
would be curious what would happen if someone did take the offer to walk out of the class... line checks for a month?

Jason, (a/k/a Inthegoo)

Are you still out on FMLA or are you back flying the line? Did you attend the class or are you just now hearing about it? I thought you were going to quit after FMLA ran out. How's things in Austin? Is the wife still doing an internship as a doc or was she a dentist? Can't really remember. How' the little one? Jason I an I ro. How 'bout you?

No one here is impressed that you know a few personal things about me

Last edited:
But how can Skywest pilots need professionalism class? Skywest has an entire page dedicated to their pilots on their sky magazine about how they are better trained than the rest of us and get in the industry with at least 1000 hours!

I have attended the Leadership class at SkyWest and I applaud the idea of providing the pilot group with training on the subject; however, the execution of the class was laughable. Everything from dressing up to attend it, to the fake invitation to leave class, to the dangerously oversimplified bullet points of very complex theories having to do with the human mind and group dynamics (the instructors completely missed some of the main conclusions of these studies), to the inexperienced instructors leading the class (too many grammatical errors to count…I am sorry, but how can you listen to someone rally on about professionalism when they start out with “I was in the jumpseat once and I seen…”), to the pledge (reminded me of dictatorial regime) meant it was a wasted day of training. (speaking of grammatical errors, how about that for a run-on sentence, good thing I am not teaching a class)

It reminded me of a C- high school class project. It could have been a great thing for our pilot group as I do believe we need some extra training…things are getting a little loose out there and I think it is up to us to pull in the reigns. It is just disappointing to see SkyWest not utilize the vast amount of resources available to it ($, experience, perhaps outside speakers instead of YouTube videos) to improve our pilot group rather than satisfy the FAA with a course thrown together by people whose world view consists of St. George, UT.

One other point is that just because you might have a “the company is screwing us” mentality does not mean that you are unprofessional. You can disagree with payscales, work rules, and scheduling practices and still be a professional pilot. This equation that somehow professionalism is tied to your happiness with SkyWest was perhaps the biggest aggravation to most of us sitting in class. In fact, professionalism has nothing to do with your union or company views, or happiness with your job, it has to do with your conduct on the job.

Very well stated along with your other post and nice to see someone with a firm grip on reality. I would hope for your sake and the rest of the sane pilots over at your airline, that few pilots in your ranks go overboard in the drinking of the koolaid and get tunnel vision to reality. Flying with the small percentage of pilots who are too cool for school is not worth the extra work load, but I have found just as unsafe and annoying are the tunnel vision "professionals" who will go above and beyond the call of duty to ensure the safety of the flight, but have severe issues seeing the big picture (this is the type that will crash an airplane because they are distracted with a gear light bulb burned out, cross a runway they shouldn't because it's of up most importance to see the MEL on a broken tray table, get flustered like no other when ATC assigns a last minute runway change, and/or bob their head up and down from severe fatigue but can't bring themselves to coordinating a nap or reading a magazine).

Reciting an oath!? This is gotta be the most f'd up ridiculous thing since the Mesa overnight on the airplane plywood chronicles.

SkyWest is in Utah

Utah people are crazy

This surprises anyone?

Skeptical Salukipilot is Skeptical

Pathetic. Ridiculous. Insulting. Contemptuous.

Of course, managements could also try leading by example, but that's not the Harvard Business School model of how to treat employees like chinese coolies.

SkyWest is in Utah

Utah people are crazy

This surprises anyone?

Skeptical Salukipilot is Skeptical

Yea I knew of a mormon, pretty cool guy. He said that the further you go from the center of SLC the crazier the people get, especially in the mountain areas. SGU is as far as you can get from SLC so...

Latest resources

Back