Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest showing videos of crippled folks and.......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Did everyone break out laughing when the management stooge read that ridiculous piece of tripe?

Things must be getting pretty bad at Skywest for them to resort to this kind of juvenile mindless crap.

Last edited:
What is really sick is money that OO pilots make for OO is used to fund dues to the RAA. The RAA in turn goes to CapHill and lobbies Congress against the OO pilots.

Wage slavery at its best. Paying with your hard work and effort for the very shackles that prevent you from controlling your own profession.

This is some funny excrament here..."Wage slavery at its best"...Yeah listen to Rez....Those MESA pilots and Trans States pilots are so much better off with ALPA...

Lots O. Bu!!Sh!t said:
There are many Skywest pilots that strive to be professional everyday, but the massive lead weight that is SGU will hold them back, until they collective decide to be their own autonomous group.

They can never be professionals until they give Herndon 2% of their pay...Rez, with ALPA cheerleaders like you, ALPA will continue to be looked down upon by the majority of us who can actually think for ourselves

Joe - 16 year ALPA member

This is some funny excrament here..."Wage slavery at its best"...Yeah listen to Rez....Those MESA pilots and Trans States pilots are so much better off with ALPA...

I am not trying to bash Mesa or Trans States, but let's be realistic...SkyWest is a different company (not saying better or worse) than those 2. In fact, almost every airline in the country varies in culture, financial position, number of aircraft, number of employees, values, and the way they conduct business. Just because they both might have some fee for departure regional business doesn't make them the same.

That can also be said for ALPA. Although ALPA operates within a similar framework, the MEC and members at ASA have different goals than the MEC and members at Trans States, who both have different goals than the MEC and members at FedEx. ALPA is different at each airline because it is the pilots at each airline that run it.

I am not saying you can't have a legitimate beef with ALPA, but quit the oversimplified comparisons of "Trans States/Mesa got screwed by their management and they are ALPA so ALPA sucks and SkyWest would get screwed too" banter. SkyWest is different. Maybe we get screwed, maybe we already are, maybe we won't...nobody knows. I do know; however, that just because something happened at one company under a specific set of circumstances does not mean that it will happen again at a different company under a different set of circumstances.

I also know that ASA just got PBS and in a year when everybody figures out how to use it I would bet you that your PBS will be better than our PBS at SkyWest. I am not saying it will be perfect, just better than ours. The reason - you have a say in your PBS because of your union.

Who is "us"?

The OO Student Council speaks for OO pilots. But not really.

Management does. And in Wash DC, OO management has authorized Roger Cohen, RAA to speak for OO pilots on all govt policy and CFR including Part 121.

What is really sick is money that OO pilots make for OO is used to fund dues to the RAA. The RAA in turn goes to CapHill and lobbies Congress against the OO pilots.

This can be said for almost every airline that has costs associated with belonging to a trade organization. Whether it is the ATA or RAA most airlines use "money" to pay an organization to represent the company and sometimes that is in contradiction to the best interest of the pilots. According to the RAA Annual Report, 32 regional airlines (union and non-union) take the money that was made by their workers and pay dues to the RAA to speak on behalf of the company.

There are many Skywest pilots that strive to be professional everyday, but the massive lead weight that is SGU will hold them back, until they collective decide to be their own autonomous group.

I think it is important to differentiate between being professional and advancing the profession. You do not need to belong to an autonomous group to be a professional. In many cases you do need to belong to one to have representation and advance the profession.

Goo:

Quit Skyweird in '03. Recently received a txt from a bud still there about this "brainwashing class", as he put it.

Thanks for posting the actual creed, that **** really cracked me up. However, it's only funny because I'm reading it as a mildly interested 3rd party. I'd be puking instead of laughing if Brad Holt was standing in front of the class with his jerry-curl looking mullet forcing us all to recite it.

Has anyone flatly refused to attend the class? I'd imagine I would, based on the premise that my days off are my days off, and I'm unable to sacrifice them. I'd make them schedule a class in lieu of one of my trips or reserve days.

ALL RIGHT HERE IS THE WHOLE CREED:

-----------------------------------------

SkyWest First Officer's Creed

No one is more professional than I. I am a First Officer - a member of the flight crew whose purpose is to keep my passengers, crew, and airplane safe.

My decisions are the difference between life and death for both my passengers and my company.

I am the master of my emotions. No one controls my mood but me.

I will conduct myself to bring credit to myself, my Company and my profession at all times.

I will not compromise my integrity or safety for any reason.

I am a leader. I am a professional. I am a First Officer.

-------------------------------------

If this is true, this is the biggest pile of stinking cr@p airline HR unit has ever produced. Too bad there wasn't a group hug included. Perhaps Management should recommend taking 'a free stress test' from those nice people you see outside subway stations.

Yea McDonald's actually does the same thing with their in store employees. Management types are aware that if customers find their burger is made by homey-d with his pants around his knees and greasy hair 3 feet long that their customers will demand something be done to bring in 'better' employees. So, to avoid that whole mess McDonald's teaches homey-d and all of its employees that they should come to work with your uniform clean and pressed, and always maintain a professional appearance.

They still make minimum wage.

EXACTLY!!!!!! Especially the last statement on minimum wage.

I predict skywest will be ALPA in less than 2 years.

I'm thinking about memorizing the creed and standing up drunk as a skunk in a crowded bar with lots of crews and shouting it.

ALL RIGHT HERE IS THE WHOLE CREED:

-----------------------------------------

SkyWest First Officer's Creed

No one is more professional than I. I am a First Officer - a member of the flight crew whose purpose is to keep my passengers, crew, and airplane safe.

My decisions are the difference between life and death for both my passengers and my company.

I am the master of my emotions. No one controls my mood but me.

I will conduct myself to bring credit to myself, my Company and my profession at all times.

I will not compromise my integrity or safety for any reason.

I am a leader. I am a professional. I am a First Officer.

-------------------------------------

I just barfed on the keyboard

Hey goo...why don't you recite the Mr. Mom Creed for us all.

Mr. Mom Creed

No man is more inferior than I. I am a Mr. Mom- a member of the family who's purpose is to wash dishes, change diapers, and let my wife bring home the bacon.

My decisions are the difference between wearing uniform pants and an apron.

I am the master of the wash machine. No one controls the laundry but me.

I will conduct myself to bring credit to women, Oprah, and The View at all times.

I will totally compromise my integrity so that I may stay home and let my wife wear the pants.

I am a follower. I am lazy. I am a Mr. Mom.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::puke:

Latest resources

Back