Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest showing videos of crippled folks and.......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Generally I'm against these type of classes. Not because they aren't useful, but because they aren't uniformly applied. Tomorrow you will get the same call from scheduling for an illegal assignment that you got yesterday. You'll explain why it puts you over your duty limits and they will have a CP call you and tell you to fly it anyway because the company believes it is legal. Then they will self disclose to the feds and throw you under the bus. You must be professional, but for them it is optional. That is what really makes the class a waste of time.

Well put. The GED types on the OCC are the really need this type of indoctination also. It does nothing to place emphasis on higher standards for the frontline employees only to have them illegally abused by the back office.

Here is just a part of the creed:

No one is more professional than I. I am a first officer - a member of the flight crew whose purpose is to keep my passengers, crew, and airplane safe. I am a leader. I am a professional. I am a First Officer.

Last edited:
This is my FO. Ther are many others like "IT" but this one is mine. Without me, my FO is nothing. Without my FO, I am SOMETHING.

Just kidding.

I'm a little teapot
Short and stout
Here is my handle
Here is my spout

When I get all steamed up
Hear me shout
"Tip me over
and pour me out!"

I have worked in companies where they do the same thing for execs..costs beaucoup bucks and i am impressed an airline would actually spend money for something like this. who was the guest speaker? these things cost anywhere from 500k to over a mil if all employees attend.why are pilots going through this? they are not in management. usually for supervisors and upper management.

Here is just a part of the creed:

No one is more professional than I. I am a first officer - a member of the flight crew whose purpose is to keep my passengers, crew, and airplane safe. I am a leader. I am a professional. I am a First Officer.

This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My rifle, without me, is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will....

My rifle and myself know that what counts in this war is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the smoke we make. We know that it is the hits that count. We will hit...

My rifle is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weakness, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its sights and its barrel. I will keep my rifle clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will...

Before God I swear this creed. My rifle and myself are the defenders of my country. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life. So be it, until victory is America's and there is no enemy, but Peace.

-I think this would have been far more motivational and and "team-oriented."

This is my rifle, this is my gun.......

Wow..... just wow.

For the first time we are thinking the same thing, Rez.

It's the same thing I said when I read the litter box liner from your glee club about the the guy that landed his emb145 on the planet Jupiter. I wanted so much to be part of that great organization that pays it's ad hoc journalists $140,000.00 a year of your dues money to write your motto statement, that hasn't figured the realm of fact checking, let alone the internet.

Yes Tim is ALPA, and so are you Rez.

I don't really support my "Student body Council" (as you put it) like I used to, and I am losing my faith in management, but when I see the crap from you and your BS group, I feel I'm better of without.

I would so much like to see my bretheren from ASA and my group develop it's own organization, just not ALPA.

Rez, your failed leadership of your cult membership is no better than my management, as they are obviously not looking out for the Regional Pilot. An expense, a bothersome need, but a need none the less. My airline needs pilots, your fun club needs dues.

And please, Oh please, make you response a series of numerous questions.

Latest resources

Back