Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest showing videos of crippled folks and.......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I suppose the sad thing is that SkyWest even has to put these classes together. You would think that at this point of our career we would know how to act professional. Yea we still make minimum wage but do we demand anything different through our appearance and or actions. I've seen the guy with the black sketchers, 5 o'clock shadow at 9 in the morning, back pack, ipod, and sun glasses on his head. Some of us don't deserve the respect we demand. Call it drinking cool aid but I'm tired of being viewed as just a pilot. I want the professional respect that all my training and education deserves. Hard to get when some of us still look like hung over frat boys.

I suppose the sad thing is that SkyWest even has to put these classes together. You would think that at this point of our career we would know how to act professional. Yea we still make minimum wage but do we demand anything different through our appearance and or actions. I've seen the guy with the black sketchers, 5 o'clock shadow at 9 in the morning, back pack, ipod, and sun glasses on his head. Some of us don't deserve the respect we demand. Call it drinking cool aid but I'm tired of being viewed as just a pilot. I want the professional respect that all my training and education deserves. Hard to get when some of us still look like hung over frat boys.

Use some fancy logic to teach us how exactly a professional appearance will result in higher wages. Please?

IMO its just the opposite.

The hat, the shined shoes, the clean shaven military man are a RESULT of hiring the right people. Instead, we hired the fat chick who eats burger king in front of her passengers while waiting on the agent to print the release. Oh yeah, i went there. The regional airlines have been hiring from the turd farms for over a decade now. As much as you want to polish those turds, they can only be polished to look like shiny turds.

They are turds. I am a turd. Repeat after me.

Don't forget that "professionalism" extends far beyond the uniform and appearance too. The cockpit discipline I have observed on the jumpseat from former military pilots at some major airlines is WAY beyond anything I've ever seen from a regional crew. It is all a result of who was hired.

Had it. Overall it was a good class with many good leadership strategies. It HAS had a positive effect on overall professionalism.

However, the main beef I had was when I brought up that if the company wanted to stop the decline of professionalism, they should TREAT pilots as professionals. This was turned around and it became a problem with self attitude and worth, and not one of the company having ANY part in creating a professional atmosphere.

That, and making SURE the class took place on a scheduled day off. They even changed the 'unchangeable class date' so it happened that way. (yeah, I got paid but a day off is a day off) If it was THAT important, couldn't they have covered the flying?

Last edited:
What's the matter guys are those CRJs finally getting dirty? You thought the Skywest gravy train would last forever. You still work for the lowest bidder that has the most amount and yet you still make poverty wages. All your management has to do is compensate you a dollar more than me and call that industry leading. Stay off that koolaide.

What's the matter guys are those CRJs finally getting dirty? You thought the Skywest gravy train would last forever. You still work for the lowest bidder that has the most amount and yet you still make poverty wages. All your management has to do is compensate you a dollar more than me and call that industry leading. Stay off that koolaide.

Hypocrite. How's GoJet compare?

I've been through this class. I believe it was put together to not only try and improve attitude but also to appease our FAA office which has been crawling up our a** with a microscope since the Colgan accident. Skywest has been scrutinized harder than any other regional over the last year. Interestingly at the beginning of the class they offered the opportunity to leave after the introduction if you felt it would be a waste of your time. Think any big talking pilot in there had the balls to walk out? Nope. I tried to have an open mind and somewhat positive attitude going into it. There was actually some good information I got from it and the lunch provided was the best I've ever had at a training event. The instructors did a good job presenting the material. By the end of the day though it did seem to get long winded and the whole standing up and reciting the creed thing was a little much imho. But overall I didn't feel like I wasted my day.

and the whole standing up and reciting the creed thing was a little much imho.

I will try to find a copy of this silly creed/brainwash and post it here for some laughs,

there is some bs in it about "I will be a good follower" (of the captain)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back