Ram Air Freight Needs Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Big Dog said:
Runs come and go... The only constant is change. The best base now to be at is CRW in my opinion. I believe all C402 runs, 4 or 5 of them. With the top couple pretty decent and people rotating through pretty quick. Cheap places to live also.

Yeah that was actually going to be my question. How do you get on with the pay and living in CRW or RDU? Is it easily doable. I would imagine that Florida might be a bit of a shocker trying to find cheap accomodation.

Get a Sugar Momma or plan on eating noodles and drinking water for your first year. But that's the same across the board with the starter positions; CFI'ng, regionals, ect.... 1st year pay is $85/day, you do the math.

Last edited:
Florida is actually pretty cheap, at least Orlando was. RDU isnt too bad. Much cheaper than going north.

AirMugsy said:
Florida is actually pretty cheap, at least Orlando was. RDU isnt too bad. Much cheaper than going north.

Yeah too true. I remember some of the colgan guys talking about the living costs around IAD.

"Soi whats your seniority number in the brokeback squadron ????"

Awesome! Now go back to your PA28 and get off the big boy's board.

Last edited:
Boy, I hurt the feelings of the "big boys". Did you help train the pilot or something. That pilot made all of you look like undisciplined, mismanaged, poorly trained freight idiots. Maybe you should join me in my 172 and I will help you out. Don't cancel today, it is supposed to get windy.

Latest resources

Back