Ram Air Freight Needs Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Who says it's the pilot's fault...

It could have very well been maintenance related or a simple part failure. I suggest you keep your propaganda to your lonesome. We'll all know the cause in detail when the report comes out. BTW, you hurt no ones feelings, we just don't like you.

toolowgear said:
. That pilot made all of you look like undisciplined, mismanaged, poorly trained freight idiots.

Actually no, It made you look like an idiot for pretending to know everything about what goes on at RAM and the incident at CLT. How many fake profiles have you made just to post "undercover"?

Hello,
First of all to "toolowgear" lets not pass judgement on a fellow pilot until we know the facts. However, let me re-phrase that...You are not a "fellow pilot", because no one that has ever flown 135 cargo or flown in any professional capacity make a statement like your's. I am former RCY pilot and know quite a few former RAM pilots and all of them are pretty sharp people. You don't survive for long if you aren't. So, why don't you go log another 600 hours and get a job flying single-pilot IFR and then debrief us on how easy it is.

Regards,

ex-Navy Rotorhead

OFP can be rather junior. It's not unusual for somebody to get OFP a week out of training. I think all Seneca runs, some long and some short. Before JQF it was our biggest outbase. Nothing is actually based out of RIC, just stops.

To the guys asking about Package Express and "Race City". It was bought by Ram Air last summer (june I think). I am not sure why they still use the "race city" callsign, even before i left, they had changed most of the routes to the "ramex" callsign. I miss Package, it was the most fun I ever had in a flying job(Bill had the best parties). I felt nostalgic when i saw old 401NA on the cargo ramp in ORF the other day. I would probably still be there if Ram hadn't have bought us out and made everone miserable. I hear that most of the "old timers" have cut out of there too.

They had to use the race city call sign because some of the aircraft were still on their certificate. The Package certificate is now non existent so no more race city call sign.

scoot said:
If you have the minimum 135 requirements and need a good starting out job in aviation you should check it out. www.ramairfreight.com

We've just picked up new bases in Florida and are losing 5 pilots to the airlines. Tell Jerome Scoot sent ya.

Must be the time of year. Again, we need sharp and dedicated pilots to help cover the growth we are experiencing. There are a lot of C-402 runs opening up in CRW, BWI, and CLT. Ram Air has grown and it's been a tough year smoothing out the wrinkles of our purchase of Package Express, but things are getting better. So look up www.ramairfreight.com for info.You must have good IFR skills!

I have had my eye on Ram Air for a while. I live in Asheville which is close to Concord. I have been studying all the flight training doc's that are available to download from austincollins.com (FLX training manager's site) to prep for Ram Air or similar. Sounds like RA is a good group of guys and a good company and my wife wants to move to Charlotte. I just need those mins.!!

Latest resources

Back