• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Latest from ASA/XJT JNC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm well aware of that. DL was just the example I chose. Can't fit a 14 year career and all that has happened into a few paragraphs.

The point was that, due to a plethora of reasons, many pilots who never planned on being a lifer at a regional find themselves in that position. Like I said, don't judge someone until you've walked in their shoes for a while. You make your career and lifestyle decisions and we'll make ours.

Sometimes it's better to be a big fish in a small pond than a small fish in a huge lake.

I hear you, I didn't mean to single you out per say. I'm more talking about the guys who passed up some great opportunities because they were waiting for "the one"

I don't think any of us need to take a pay cut, whether you are a 20 yr captain or a 2nd year FO we are all underpaid. My point was that some ASA guys have been saying (for the past 3 years) that we at XJT are too expensive and need to be more competitive. I think that is funny coming from one of the most senior groups in the industry and if you want to "help" the company than send some of your pay back to them. I just came up with a Michael Scott win win win formula for it, funny how some of ya'll react to it though.

There are more Airlines than just Delta ya know. Even at Spirit, which I know is not on everyone's list has 2nd or 3rd year F/Os making more than you. Hell, a 14 year guy at Spirit just got bumped to $185.00 and hr with a growing airline while you are asked to take another pay cut.?

SAAB, come on brother lets be honest. I just looked at Spirit's pay scale. Their's not an FO pay rate that pays more than a 15 year Captain at ASA.

You could have a TA that has slight improvements on the ASA side with slight concessions on the XJT side which would probably pass. The XJT side has burned a lot of bridges with the ASA side and it is really their fault we are in this spot. Frankly, I don't care what they think.

If we have a TA like that to vote on, I'll blame the XJT MEC. With that said, it was the ASA side who wouldn't compromise on PBS. Their fault we are at the same point we would've been but a year later. In the end, it doesn't matter. Management would've asked for concessions anyway.

SAAB, come on brother lets be honest. I just looked at Spirit's pay scale. Their's not an FO pay rate that pays more than a 15 year Captain at ASA.

Pay rate has little to do with W2. A perfect example was my 134 hrs of credit last month, all while blocking 34 hrs and being home 19 days of the month :). The contract is that good, so yes the "pay rate" might not be up there, the W2 is.

Also the pay rates changed August 1st, 2nd year is now $72 (not great I know) but 401k company match goes to 10%. Similiar to the XJT contract, great work rules yield higher W2s than just pay rates

Last edited:
Where are these LGA and MSP rumors stemming from, side from rest regs

I ran into one of our 700 crews in LGA last week. Their first leg was a deadhead from ATL-LGA, their last leg was a deadhead from LGA-ATL. They said on their first deadhead there was 3 other ASA crews deadheading. That was a total of 16 ASA crew members on one flight. Not too sure about MSP, but that doesn't sound very efficient for Delta or us.

Latest resources

Back