• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Latest from ASA/XJT JNC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SAAB, come on brother lets be honest. I just looked at Spirit's pay scale. Their's not an FO pay rate that pays more than a 15 year Captain at ASA.

They have a large pay raise coming up in 2013 and 2014. 2nd Year is going to be something like $77.

From APC
Contractual pay raises: Aug 2013, 2014.
(End of contract top pay rates: $185/hr capt; $109/hr FO)

Well good for them. I'm sure the guys and gals who hired on when no-one else would give them the time of day are high-fiving each other in the jetbridge. Kinda like FedEx Express and UPS after things turned around.

Personally, I don't have to move an inch because some junior guys use wannabe-disparaging terms like "lifer".

It's kinda like asking a doctor at a rural hospital- "Why aren't you teaching neurosurgery at Mass. General?" Or my relatives asking 'So how big are the planes you're flying now?"

My answer: "Who gives a rat's ass."

They have a large pay raise coming up in 2013 and 2014. 2nd Year is going to be something like $77.

From APC
Contractual pay raises: Aug 2013, 2014.
(End of contract top pay rates: $185/hr capt; $109/hr FO)

OK.. And Atlas pays $200+ ,the Air Force is offering huge singing bones and Julio Jones makes great $ with the Falcons.....none of which i work

OK.. And Atlas pays $200+ ,the Air Force is offering huge singing bones and Julio Jones makes great $ with the Falcons.....none of which i work

Settle down boys, I was just pointing out what someone said earlier and giving you where the info came from. I'm not trying to sell it to you.

Well good for them. I'm sure the guys and gals who hired on when no-one else would give them the time of day are high-fiving each other in the jetbridge. Kinda like FedEx Express and UPS after things turned around.

Personally, I don't have to move an inch because some junior guys use wannabe-disparaging terms like "lifer".

It's kinda like asking a doctor at a rural hospital- "Why aren't you teaching neurosurgery at Mass. General?" Or my relatives asking 'So how big are the planes you're flying now?"

My answer: "Who gives a rat's ass."

"What routes do you fly", lol

FWIW, all my trips in June were in/out of LGA, half of July, and half of august was all LGA... I'm sure DAL is pissed we're not better supporting our operation out of there and if they can guarantee us some consistent flying, we'll see a base there soon. (Here's hoping anyway)

This also doesn't account for the rumors of GoJets losing DCI flying soon

Be careful about criticizing someone until you have walked in their shoes. I'm going on year 14 at ASA and, though I never planned to be, it looks like I'm a lifer. Had what was an almost guaranteed in at DL in the spring of 2001. We all know what happened in the fall of 2001 and that was that. Had a possible chance to go again in 2007 but due to many factors chose not to. Decided I was better off staying where I was and building seniority and QOL than going to the bottom of the list of an airline that was about to go through a merger.

Those pilots in the top 10% you refer to weren't born there. They stuck with it and earned their way there, working for years at much lower wages. They are nearing retirement, the kids are grown and now support themselves. We have no pension plan. The last few years they have at the airline are their best opportunity to earn a good wage while putting a large chunk of it away for retirement.

Obviously, I don't know your background or current situation but I do know that we all have to cover the same ground. Its a journey to a destination and your perspective depends on where you are along that path.
Look carefully in the mirror, the true problem lies in front of you. The minute you decided that you were there for the duration, you handed management the whip and bent over on your own volition. If you like that sort of abuse you have met your wet dream and have provided BH with jerkin' the gherkin material. If you aren't willing to quit on the day before you retire you have ceded your position of power.
Wake up any airline corporation has billions in assets that have to be moved to pay the bills, I can pay my bills by working the afternoon shift at Taco Bell with half a drunk on.

Who really needs who worse?

Look carefully in the mirror, the true problem lies in front of you. The minute you decided that you were there for the duration, you handed management the whip and bent over on your own volition. If you like that sort of abuse you have met your wet dream and have provided BH with jerkin' the gherkin material. If you aren't willing to quit on the day before you retire you have ceded your position of power.
Wake up any airline corporation has billions in assets that have to be moved to pay the bills, I can pay my bills by working the afternoon shift at Taco Bell with half a drunk on.

Who really needs who worse?

PBRstreetgang, just curios what top notch airline do you work for?

PBRstreetgang, just curios what top notch airline do you work for?

Name one top notch corporation, much less airline? I warned you about the evil little troll, but you all were too busy having a bromance. I am labor, plain and simple, my job is to do the heavy lifting at work, while 99% of airline management is just doing just enough, to justify leaving the NAMBLA meetings and go to the office and mess things up.
Management is your enemy, problem is you are too stupid to realize it. They hand you a ticket to the Mini-Indy and you gush like a little girl at a Justin Beiber autograph signing.
Personally if I found a CEO passed out in an alleyway, I would make sure he had a plastic dry cleaning bag pulled over his head to keep him from messing his hair up....

Latest resources

Back