• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Latest from ASA/XJT JNC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Valid question. I'll clear about $120k this year. I had 22 days off in June and 22 off again in July. Other months I average 15 days off. I live an easy drive from my base (no commuting).
I get frustrated at work sometimes, but then I hear pilots from the legacy carriers griping about a lot of the same stuff. I worked many other jobs before I finally made it to the airlines. Believe me, you can do a lot worse.

Would I do it again? In the same situation with the same information I think I would make the same decision. I've seen more than a few pilots make their lives miserable chasing dollars. Each of us has to find the balance that works for them. What's right for me, may not be right for you. Sometimes less is more.

That is a pretty good summary of why a lot of people stay.

Valid question. I'll clear about $120k this year. I had 22 days off in June and 22 off again in July. Other months I average 15 days off. I live an easy drive from my base (no commuting).
I get frustrated at work sometimes, but then I hear pilots from the legacy carriers griping about a lot of the same stuff. I worked many other jobs before I finally made it to the airlines. Believe me, you can do a lot worse.

Would I do it again? In the same situation with the same information I think I would make the same decision. I've seen more than a few pilots make their lives miserable chasing dollars. Each of us has to find the balance that works for them. What's right for me, may not be right for you. Sometimes less is more.

So, what's the game plan in 5 years if you're "Comaired?"

Those are good numbers for sure. Like many before of have said we won't know until we retire. I hope it stays good for you there. I was at Mesaba and know that those numbers use to be there but are now gone. I guess it can happen anywhere though. I just think that the majors over my next thirty years will have the better chance of keeping the pay higher and schedules better, but who knows for sure and not everyone has the same number of years left.

So, what's the game plan in 5 years if you're "Comaired?"

If that happens, I'll do whatever I have to do. I'm not a one trick pony. I know how to do other things and if I don't know how to do it, I'll learn.

Latest resources

Back