• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Latest from ASA/XJT JNC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's when you hang out at the law firm for a few years making the measly pay whilst collecting the partner's dirty laundry and closet skeletons then turn around and demand 350k/yr in blackmail to keep them out of jail. If they tell you to pound sand, you sell their secrets to the highest paying competitor and make bank.

That's how you get ahead in this country. Welcome to the new norm.

gotta love the victim mentality. That way if you fail you have someone to blame other than yourself. yeah man... its the system... the man is keeping me down. waaaahhhh

go open up your own law firm and you can call yourself senior partner. Then you can sue yourself when you get fired snooping around the senior partners office trying to dig up dirt so you don't have to work or produce anything of value

Last edited:
LXJT is not the weakest link, that would be LASA with their super senior captains making over $100/hr and super low (soon to be even lower) rates from Delta. You can thank the JoeMerchants for taking too much of the pie while demanding the rest of us need to take concessions. The ASA contract is so skewed towards the top 10% its ridiculous. I've been saying it for years, how about the lifers take huge cuts and the rest of us get a raise, that way everybody wins. The company saves money, I get a raise, and the lifers get a place to work until the next round of bar lowering by Endeavor or GoJets.

Why would a lifer want a pay cut after years of seniority to get to that point? If you become a lifer you shoot yourself in the foot.

LXJT is not the weakest link, that would be LASA with their super senior captains making over $100/hr and super low (soon to be even lower) rates from Delta. You can thank the JoeMerchants for taking too much of the pie while demanding the rest of us need to take concessions. The ASA contract is so skewed towards the top 10% its ridiculous. I've been saying it for years, how about the lifers take huge cuts and the rest of us get a raise, that way everybody wins. The company saves money, I get a raise, and the lifers get a place to work until the next round of bar lowering by Endeavor or GoJets.

Be careful about criticizing someone until you have walked in their shoes. I'm going on year 14 at ASA and, though I never planned to be, it looks like I'm a lifer. Had what was an almost guaranteed in at DL in the spring of 2001. We all know what happened in the fall of 2001 and that was that. Had a possible chance to go again in 2007 but due to many factors chose not to. Decided I was better off staying where I was and building seniority and QOL than going to the bottom of the list of an airline that was about to go through a merger.

Those pilots in the top 10% you refer to weren't born there. They stuck with it and earned their way there, working for years at much lower wages. They are nearing retirement, the kids are grown and now support themselves. We have no pension plan. The last few years they have at the airline are their best opportunity to earn a good wage while putting a large chunk of it away for retirement.

Obviously, I don't know your background or current situation but I do know that we all have to cover the same ground. Its a journey to a destination and your perspective depends on where you are along that path.

Why should anyone take a paycut? Just because you want more?

Be careful about criticizing someone until you have walked in their shoes. I'm going on year 14 at ASA and, though I never planned to be, it looks like I'm a lifer. Had what was an almost guaranteed in at DL in the spring of 2001. We all know what happened in the fall of 2001 and that was that. Had a possible chance to go again in 2007 but due to many factors chose not to. Decided I was better off staying where I was and building seniority and QOL than going to the bottom of the list of an airline that was about to go through a merger.

Those pilots in the top 10% you refer to weren't born there. They stuck with it and earned their way there, working for years at much lower wages. They are nearing retirement, the kids are grown and now support themselves. We have no pension plan. The last few years they have at the airline are their best opportunity to earn a good wage while putting a large chunk of it away for retirement.

Obviously, I don't know your background or current situation but I do know that we all have to cover the same ground. Its a journey to a destination and your perspective depends on where you are along that path.

There are more Airlines than just Delta ya know. Even at Spirit, which I know is not on everyone's list has 2nd or 3rd year F/Os making more than you. Hell, a 14 year guy at Spirit just got bumped to $185.00 and hr with a growing airline while you are asked to take another pay cut. Just 10 years ago, SWA wasn't everyone's #1 choice, but look at them the past few years. People laughed at guys that went to US Airways a few years ago, they are the ones laughing now, Continental wasn't all that great, look at them now etc..... Maybe if some of you guys weren't "holding out" for one particular airline you wouldn't be in a position to have to sell everyone else out because you decided to be a lifer?

Maybe if some of you guys weren't "holding out" for one particular airline you wouldn't be in a position to have to sell everyone else out because you decided to be a lifer?

Maybe you should run that by the $185/hr lifer you're sitting next to this week.

There are more Airlines than just Delta ya know. Even at Spirit, which I know is not on everyone's list has 2nd or 3rd year F/Os making more than you. Hell, a 14 year guy at Spirit just got bumped to $185.00 and hr with a growing airline while you are asked to take another pay cut. Just 10 years ago, SWA wasn't everyone's #1 choice, but look at them the past few years. People laughed at guys that went to US Airways a few years ago, they are the ones laughing now, Continental wasn't all that great, look at them now etc..... Maybe if some of you guys weren't "holding out" for one particular airline you wouldn't be in a position to have to sell everyone else out because you decided to be a lifer?

I'm well aware of that. DL was just the example I chose. Can't fit a 14 year career and all that has happened into a few paragraphs.

The point was that, due to a plethora of reasons, many pilots who never planned on being a lifer at a regional find themselves in that position. Like I said, don't judge someone until you've walked in their shoes for a while. You make your career and lifestyle decisions and we'll make ours.

Sometimes it's better to be a big fish in a small pond than a small fish in a huge lake.

Last edited:
I'm well aware of that. DL was just the example I chose. Can't fit a 14 year career and all that has happened into a few paragraphs.

The point was that, due to a plethora of reasons, many pilots who never planned on being a lifer at a regional find themselves in that position. Like I said, don't judge someone until you've walked in their shoes for a while. You make your career and lifestyle decisions and we'll make ours.

Sometimes it's better to be a big fish in a small pond than a small fish in a huge lake.

Like age 65 stopping hiring for 5 yars locking yu in, 9/11 causing years of massive Legacy furloughs, and the economic melt down of 2007 that caused many bankruptcies? Oh yeah, and the 3 huge mergers??? Like that?

Latest resources

Back