• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Just Got Off Work - Welcome To My Hell

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Starving, I think bobbysamd gave you the secret. If students only hear 18%, then he only heard you say "right rudder" once or twice. :D

Starving and all the others,

Thanks for the great stories. Takes me back to those 7 day work weeks and those great memories!

I have no advice to give,because I am still figuring out how all this stuff works.

P.S. Anyone with a good sense of humor, dry or not, has already made it in aviation.

Typhoon1244 said:
I knew a guy who was with a student making an approach over a "noise-sensetive" area. The PAPI's all red, the airplane's sinking, and the student's holding about 15% power. (I don't remember R.P.M. settings anymore.)

Finally, our hero asks the student: "Say, Abdul, we're getting pretty low, aren't we?"

Student: "Oh yes, yes we are."

Instructor, after a pause: "Think we ought to do something about it?"

Student: "Oh, but we are not to make any undue noise over--"

Our hero rudely shoves the throttle (and the student's hand) to takeoff power and says firmly: "We don't care how much noise we make...if we're gonna crash!" As the student worked on stabilizing the airplane, our hero then popped the window open and began shouting down at the country club: "F___ you! F___you all!" :D
That sheyat was funny as hell!!

Re: Re: Just Got Off Work - Welcome To My Hell

Also of you want them to pay attention better I heard poking them with a fork everytime they do something wrong works. [/B]

I know opening the window in the dead of winter at alt. in a 172 got me on course during a cross country.

I thought I would never warm up.

I don't think of the endless repetitions as wasted breath.

You HAVE to keep saying it to cut through all of the distractions that they are letting lead them away from whatever the core task is.

My pet peeve on instructors: CFI's who touch the flight controls constantly instead of talking the student through the correction.

These grabby folks are doing no one any good. If you ain't gonna die, keepa you hands offa da yoke. This is a sign of weak instructional skills.

right rudder!

I can still hear in my head on short final "right rudder..centerline...right rudder...right rudder.........MY AIRPLANE...

surprised the guy will actually have a beer with me now....must have aged him about 30 years in the 30 hours we flew together!

I'm sure my "payback" is coming soon in the form of a student just like me...

Oh, and as far as keeping your hands off unless you're gonna die, I agree. My advanced (Inst, comm, cfi) instructor used to use pressure on the yoke (no "my airplane") to correct problems and talk through it at the same time (ie--"like this, just a little more back pressure...).

Of course when you're in the flare and the student doesn't see how the aircraft is goin sideways over the runway, there isn't much choice....

Last edited:
Hey "starvingcfi"

What type of rating is a ASMELI CFI any how? I only know what CFI, CFII and MEI means on my tickets. Is this a new age certificate?

ASMELI

ASMELI, CFI

Probably
Commercial pilot Airplane, Single and Multi-engine Land, with Instrument rating. And also a CFI.

:)

Latest resources

Back