Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

starvingcfi

CpApAwM
ok. watch your heading. you're 100 feet high. you're 100 feet low. you're high again. why do you like 2600 feet so much? you know, if you put that effort into holding 2500, you'd be doing great. right rudder. right rudder. right rudder. right rudder. right rudder. right rudder. right rudder. not so much right rudder. keep that nose on your reference point. watch your reference point. see your reference point off the wing? what happened to 2500? east is 090. pick a puffy cloud that you like. why is your cloud behind us now? right rudder. right rudder. right rudder. right rudder. right rudder. right rudder. right rudder. trim the airplane. trim the airplane. ok. it's trimmed. stop pulling up...it's trimmed. why would you trim it then hold back pressure?? here, let me give you some nose down trim. now that AND your constant back pressure should give you level flight. right rudder. right rudder. right rudder. right rudder. right rudder. right rudder. don't pitch the nose up so much. you remember the pitch for 70kts. just put it there. there. right there. no. JESUS! MY PLANE! ok. don't do that again. right rudder. right rudder. right rudder. right rudder. right rudder. right rudder. right rudder. right rudder. right rudder. right rudder. right rudder. right rudder. right rudder. right rudder. right rudder. right rudder. right rudder. right rudder. right rudder. right rudder. right rudder. right rudder.

yew sound like my CFI did for the first 16 hours...then he started dozing off...then he got hired and I never heard from him again

At least you are flying. Sounds like you would be a lot of fun to fly with.......not. Maybe if you do less talking and let the student do more flying you might see better results. If I were you I wouldn't get too comfortable by the phone waiting for United or anyone to call with that attitude. You have a ways to go yet.

so you're telling me not to tell my students when they're making a mistake. ahh. gotcha. hey, thanks a lot for the advice. i'll keep that very close to my heart. and that ...not thing. did you make that up? do you mind if i use it?

not looking for a$$hole responses. just venting. i've had a long day at work. don't act like you never get frustrated. any instructor or former instructor will agree. lighten up susan.

:rolleyes:

Instructing

I'd try shorter comments to call attention to students' errors. Like "altitude, " "heading," "airspeed" and the classic "step on the ball."

I heard it said that while in flight students hear only 18% of what instructors say. The place where to use more verbiage is during the postflight. Try it.

PS-Not all of my students were perfect, either. I had plenty of trying days. The ones that got to me the most were the ones who had potential but were not trying and/or those who didn't take it as seriously as I did. Law of Readiness. Just think of the satisfaction you'll have after you finish them and are through with them.

Last edited:
Like I said you would be fun to fly with. And yes now we know why you are a starving CFI. I would enjoy it, that might be the only flying career you will ever have.

Latest resources

Back