• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Just Got Off Work - Welcome To My Hell

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
it's good to see that one (thanks northern lights) person on this board actually has a sense of humor. jesus.

bobbysamd, i always take time to read your posts. you give some great advice, as did this time. i had never heard the 18% thing. that explains it. ;)

thanks for entertaining tonight guys. even those without a pulse.

I remember one student I had that literally never heard a word I said in the airplane. Sometimes I just wanted to sit there and say something like "I just farted" just to see if there was a reaction from him....

We went over everything on the ground after the flight but he did the same stuff on the next flight. I think this guy only heard 18% of what I said OUTSIDE the aircraft!

haha. ok. let me sum this up. just thinking back on the past year of my life. thought of all the things i think or say. thought i'd post...thinking i would get some comedic (or at least intelligent) responses. i'm not....except bobbysamd and northern lights so far. forget it. it's not working. :D

I thought it was very funny!!! But then it sounded very familiar to me since that could have been a transcript from one of my first flights, or even now, having only about 20 hours of time!

I don't see how CFI's can stand it sometimes with the constant repetition necessary for someone to learn. My boss at my current job (not in aviation) says that you have to repeat something 13 times before someone will remember it. Maybe with flying it's ten times that.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the CFI feeling a little stressed or needing to vent after such a flight--as long as it's not directed at the student.

Hang in there!

That could have been from anyone's first flight, even strarving CFI.

AAflyer:D

that's everyone's first several flights. in all honesty i'm having a blast instructing. this is the most fun i've ever had. i actually try to work as much as possible. i don't like taking days off. when i do have a day off, i'm at the airport. i like going and helping out with the line guys. trying to pick up extra flights here and there.

well...that or i'm at home on flightinfo. anyway, don't wanna give the wrong impression. i love my job and am very grateful to have one. i know there are a lot of people out of work. thanks a lot

Anyone think its ironic that a guy calling himself flyhard is critical of how hard starvingcfi is on his student?

BTW, if you have a student that isn't listening take the airplane from them, talk then give them the airplane back. Its hard to remember, but you, me and everyone else had a very hard time just keeping the airplane straight and level when we first started. It took a lot of thinking just to keep the airplane under control. If you take that task off of them they'll be more responsive.

And yes, I found your post funny.

Instructing

Originally posted by starvingcfi
in all honesty i'm having a blast instructing. this is the most fun i've ever had.
(emphasis added)

See what I've been telling you guys?? There's proof positive right there for the instructing detractors that flight instructing is fun and not the horrid or boring experience they envision.

Just now I was talking with my wife about getting flying jobs. I told her when I got my first job, instructing at Riddle, that I could scarcely believe that I was getting paid to do this!

The repetition will ingrain the concepts that you as a recent student have just learned. And yes, seeing five students a day all making the same mistakes it can burn you out big time. Just remember that while it's old to you it's new to your student.

Latest resources

Back