• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue hiring... how and why?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are you a leader who other pilots will listen to in our quest to attain a CBA?
Logic and facts never works for those that are Branch Jetbluevidians.

AMaybe if I sound like the talking points, that's because the [F and H and MWW] talking points are rational, and make sense.
That is your Branch Jetbluevidian in a nutshell.

He has no idea who MWW is and says they are 'rational'. Why don't you learn this ftool something for all of us! Good luck!

Last edited:
I am surprised by the toxic attitudes being displayed on this thread. Do you folks really think that the way to persuade someone to your way of thinking is by insulting them, criticizing their opinions, their lifestyles, or calling names like a schoolyard bully? Wow...

Why isn't there any excitement for the people who are being hired by jB? Where are the pats on the back and the "congratulations!" and the "Welcome aboard!"?

Look, I get that some people aren't happy there but the reality is that there are literally thousands of RJ captains, corporate pilots, and military pilots who will all be competing for employment at DAL, UAL, and AA when they start hiring. Even with an impending pilot shortage (channeling Kit Darby) it may be years before an average Joe gets an interview and even then an interview is not a guarantee of employment. So turning down jetBlue for a "maybe" in the future isn't particularly good business decision either.

What you SHOULD be doing is practicing friendly persuasion. "Hey, welcome to jetBlue! We are glad you're here. This is a good job... let's talk about what we can do together to make it someplace where you can build a career!" -- and then share the comparisons with them. Share your financial data. Don't berate them. Don't slam their opinions... guide them and mentor them. If they don't agree with you this time, that's ok. Be nice. Try a different angle. Be a teacher.

If you are so frustrated... so angry... that attitudes like those that are displayed here are bubbling up on message boards or, worse yet, in the cockpit... it's time to take some time off. (At least time away from the message boards) Reconnect with what is important in your life, take a deep breath, and think about how you are treating your fellow pilots. How would you tell your kids to handle a problem like this if they were arguing with a friend at school?

I don't even work there and I find those messages offensive. In the real world you wouldn't follow someone who talked to you that way! Would you? You might do the opposite just to stand up to them!

Just another opinion from the peanut gallery.

Great Post and dead on!

I am surprised by the toxic attitudes being displayed on this thread. Do you folks really think that the way to persuade someone to your way of thinking is by insulting them, criticizing their opinions, their lifestyles, or calling names like a schoolyard bully? Wow...

Why isn't there any excitement for the people who are being hired by jB? Where are the pats on the back and the "congratulations!" and the "Welcome aboard!"?

Look, I get that some people aren't happy there but the reality is that there are literally thousands of RJ captains, corporate pilots, and military pilots who will all be competing for employment at DAL, UAL, and AA when they start hiring. Even with an impending pilot shortage (channeling Kit Darby) it may be years before an average Joe gets an interview and even then an interview is not a guarantee of employment. So turning down jetBlue for a "maybe" in the future isn't particularly good business decision either.

What you SHOULD be doing is practicing friendly persuasion. "Hey, welcome to jetBlue! We are glad you're here. This is a good job... let's talk about what we can do together to make it someplace where you can build a career!" -- and then share the comparisons with them. Share your financial data. Don't berate them. Don't slam their opinions... guide them and mentor them. If they don't agree with you this time, that's ok. Be nice. Try a different angle. Be a teacher.

If you are so frustrated... so angry... that attitudes like those that are displayed here are bubbling up on message boards or, worse yet, in the cockpit... it's time to take some time off. (At least time away from the message boards) Reconnect with what is important in your life, take a deep breath, and think about how you are treating your fellow pilots. How would you tell your kids to handle a problem like this if they were arguing with a friend at school?

I don't even work there and I find those messages offensive. In the real world you wouldn't follow someone who talked to you that way! Would you? You might do the opposite just to stand up to them!

Just another opinion from the peanut gallery.

Excellent post, and I would contend more indicative of how it is on line.

CD

Well put, FA...

I enjoy coming to work and Jetblue is a pretty good company to work for. Most guys I fly with agree with this statement--not all, but most.

There are PLENTY of things to fix at JB....and I don't always think the company is completely truthful with their statements. That's why many good people are fighting to change things, either via the direct relationship or via the union organization.

However, that doesn't mean that working here is bad...quite the contrary. It may not have the level of compensation that other majors enjoy, but I predict we will get there within the next couple of years.

Moderators. Is there any way we can give Splert and ASA a little break from FI. They are an embarrasement.

ASA. You know the facts. They are all out there and if you don't see the absolute need for representation based on the facts no one on FI is going to be able to convince you. I am sure you will vote accordingly to help your carreer, and family I am sure.

Splert. I really hope with your passion for a CBA you are on the OC. We all know based on how much time you spend on FI that you have more than enough time to volunteer for the OC. We still have a lot of pilots to survey, so If you are not on the OC and want to actually help and get involved please PM me. If you are not on the OC and are still this combative on an web board that means nothing and does no good you really need to reevaluate your life and use of your time. Also if you are not willing to help and put the effort into the correct place to secure union representation STFU is some good advice. If you are on the OC then push the key board away and go make some more phone calls.

Latest resources

Back