• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue hiring... how and why?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah. Still one of the best jobs out there.

A little perspective would really do you guys some good. Most captains make nearly as much as my wife does as a family physician, and quite a few make more. She works much harder, and has much more school debt. To top it all off, her job is much less stable.

In the grand scheme, we have a great deal. The whining and moaning is getting old. You sound like spoiled little teenagers. "Bobby at Delta gets more pizza than I get!!! Whaaaaaaa!!!!"

STFU

If her outfit goes out of business, does she start over at phlebotomist pay?

How many medical exams does she have a year? Is each one a career jeopardy event for even the smallest ailment?

You are in for a rude awakening if you think this is a stable job...there aren't too many doctors working at Home Depot while on furlough.

Do you use her health insurance?

If you think a pilot

Your great deal is a unwritten promise while DAL's is in a contract.

Oh great another pucknutjob comparing major airline pilot compensation to the "grand scheme" not our peers. Grand scheme is just a jacknutjob saying "you are paid more than a Target Employee so whatcha bitching about".

No wonder .... Your wife makes $160 plus while you suck it up for less than $50K. Now go hug your wife for allowing you to eat, sleep, raise kids while at the bottom of the list at BlueJet for the next 10 years. You are perfect for Bluejet since you are the b!tch of your family unit and is exactly WHY the Band of Blue hired you. You are happy with so little because your wife is the real provider. Targeted selection Nancy Boy!

Stay classy.

What is STFU? Classy?

Go hug your bread winner and make sure it doesn't run off with a Radiologist while you are on RSV in Kew for the next 3 years 18 days a month while never holding a bid summer vacation EVER!!!!

Ftool.

Last edited:
If her outfit goes out of business, does she start over at phlebotomist pay?

How many medical exams does she have a year? Is each one a career jeopardy event for even the smallest ailment?

You are in for a rude awakening if you think this is a stable job...there aren't too many doctors working at Home Depot while on furlough.

Do you use her health insurance?

If you think a pilot

Nope. And I wouldn't trade jobs with her. Ever. She works too hard, and too many days per week. She has no flexibility of schedule. She has "call" one week of every 6, and has to answer the phone 24/7 plus go in to the hospital that weekend. But, she loves her job, so it works for her. Even though other doctors make more, with better benefits IN HER SAME DEPARTMENT, she doesn't bitch/moan about the deal she has compared to her peers. She realizes that her deal is, in the grand scheme, a great deal.

Much like her, I love my job. I'm not paid the exact same as Delta, but hell, I knew that when I came here. It's a great job. You guys should consider a career change if you're so miserable. Seriously.

You guys are too busy looking over the fence into the "greener" pastures. I think you all should try the other pasture. Man, it suuuure is green over there! Go jump to the bottom of a 12,000 pilot list! You'll never have to complain again. You'll be happy SOBs instead of miserable SOBs.

What is STFU? Classy?

Go hug your bread winner and make sure she doesn't run of with the Radiologist while you are on RSV in Kew for the next 3 years 18 days a month while never holding a bid summer vacation EVER!!!!

Ftool.

You've outdone your own classiness. Bravo sir! Bravo!

I counted at least 4 talking points from F and H and MWW in ASA_Aviators lasted post.

Go back to your cubical Nancy Boy.

You've outdone your own classiness. Bravo sir! Bravo!
What does STFU mean?

I looked it up on the Urban Dictionary and it appears to mean: "Shut the Puck up!".

You throw that out don't whine about a fast ball to the chin. Or are you more comfortable throwing a virtual punch and then running home to tell your wife to do something about for you?

Puss!

I am surprised by the toxic attitudes being displayed on this thread. Do you folks really think that the way to persuade someone to your way of thinking is by insulting them, criticizing their opinions, their lifestyles, or calling names like a schoolyard bully? Wow...

Why isn't there any excitement for the people who are being hired by jB? Where are the pats on the back and the "congratulations!" and the "Welcome aboard!"?

Look, I get that some people aren't happy there but the reality is that there are literally thousands of RJ captains, corporate pilots, and military pilots who will all be competing for employment at DAL, UAL, and AA when they start hiring. Even with an impending pilot shortage (channeling Kit Darby) it may be years before an average Joe gets an interview and even then an interview is not a guarantee of employment. So turning down jetBlue for a "maybe" in the future isn't particularly good business decision either.

What you SHOULD be doing is practicing friendly persuasion. "Hey, welcome to jetBlue! We are glad you're here. This is a good job... let's talk about what we can do together to make it someplace where you can build a career!" -- and then share the comparisons with them. Share your financial data. Don't berate them. Don't slam their opinions... guide them and mentor them. If they don't agree with you this time, that's ok. Be nice. Try a different angle. Be a teacher.

If you are so frustrated... so angry... that attitudes like those that are displayed here are bubbling up on message boards or, worse yet, in the cockpit... it's time to take some time off. (At least time away from the message boards) Reconnect with what is important in your life, take a deep breath, and think about how you are treating your fellow pilots. How would you tell your kids to handle a problem like this if they were arguing with a friend at school?

I don't even work there and I find those messages offensive. In the real world you wouldn't follow someone who talked to you that way! Would you? You might do the opposite just to stand up to them!

Just another opinion from the peanut gallery.

What does STFU mean?

I looked it up on the Urban Dictionary and it appears to mean: "Shut the Puck up!".

You throw that out don't whine about a fast ball to the chin. Or are you more comfortable throwing a virtual punch and then running home to tell your wife to do something about for you?

Puss!

You are a lever 1 F-$%^G PR!CK. Talking to someone that way simply because he doesn't hate JetBlue as much as you is totally unacceptable. Yeah, he doesn't get that he should be comparing his comp and benefits to other major airlines, and not the average joe, but that is NO excuse.

Yeah, he doesn't get that he should be comparing his comp and benefits to other major airlines, and not the average joe, but that is NO excuse.

Again, I think there's definitely room for improvement. I just think the haters are waaay over the top. It's a darn good job.

Lets work to improve stuff, but keep in mind that we have a great job here. Hatred a bitterness only makes you miserable. Why go through life miserable? It will make you live a short, unhappy life.

And BTW, I'm just a new hire, not a cubicle person. Maybe if I sound like the talking points, that's because the talking points are rational, and make sense.

Latest resources

Back