• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Game On

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sausage parties? Who's B19 anyways? Dude, you comment has nothing to do with my post.
If you're posting in these threads and you still don't know who B19 is, you've got problems.

My comment has everything to do with your post. Either you're David Marker or you and B19 are hittin' it. When was the last time you got something for free? What makes you think FLOPS' mgmt is going to give out industry standard treatement without a fight. The never have, still don't, and have recently indicated they have no intention of doing so willingly! Not hard to understand why guys are intentionally fighting for what is right.... fighting hard. They'll either win or SHUT this POS DOWN. Frankly, if FLOPS can't keep up with the industry, close the god dam doors and give the market share to those who can actaully provide quality treatment to both its external and internal customers.

This is FUD.

They can't answer any more than any other union can. That's why the precedent was set with Judge Bertelsman.

They will bumble, use the safety statement and go out or their way to ground airplanes based on what the union considers "legal". Only after the court order is issued will they stop with the nonsense.

http://www.airlinesafety.com/articles/ComairInjunction.htm

FOR THE EASTERN DISTRICT OF KENTUCKY​

AT COVINGTON​

COMAIR, INC., Case No. 99-250​

Plaintiff, Judge Bertelsman
v.
AIR LINE PILOTS
ASSOCIATION, INTERNATIONAL,
Defendant.

PRELIMINARY INJUNCTION​

Upon the reading of the Complaint, the memorandum of law in support of COMAIR Inc.’s motion and affidavits in support of that motion, and upon consideration of the proceedings heretofore had, this Court specifically finds as follows:
That the Defendant Air Line Pilots Association, International ("ALPA") is the collective bargaining representative of the pilots employed by Plaintiff COMAIR, Inc. ("COMAIR").
COMAIR is a common carrier by air subject to the Railway Labor Act, 45 U.S.C. 145 et seq. (the "RLA" to the "ACT").
That there exists a collective bargaining agreement between the parties.
That the parties currently are engaged in collective bargaining for a successor collective agreement, pursuant to Section 6 of the RLA, 45 U.S.C. 156.
The RLA requires the parties to observe the status quo during collective bargaining until and unless the parties exhaust the negotiation, mediation and arbitration mechanisms established by the RLA for the resolution of "major disputes."
Those processes have not been exhausted.
Notwithstanding its statutory duty to maintain the status quo, Defendant ALPA and its members have violated the status quo by the manner and means in which its members have written-up mechanical deficiencies.
Pursuant to Consolidated Rail Corp. v. Railway Labor Executives’ Ass’n., 491 U.S. 299, 303 (1989), "district courts have subject matter jurisdiction to enjoin violation of the status quo pending completion of the required procedures, without the customary showing of irreparable injury." Rather, it is sufficient for the plaintiff to demonstrate that the defendant has violated the status quo prior to the exhaustion of the RLA’s procedures for the resolution of major disputes.
Even if Plaintiff were required to demonstrate that the traditional equitable factors were met prior to the issuance of injunctive relief, that burden has been met, inasmuch as Plaintiff has suffered from irreparable harm, and will continue to suffer irreparable harm, unless an injunction is issued. Moreover, it has demonstrated a likelihood that it will succeed on the merits, and that the public interest will be served by the issuance of injunctive relief. Finally, the balance of hardships tips in its favor, inasmuch as the injunction sought by Plaintiff COMAIR does no more than require Defendant ALPA to comply with the mandates of the RLA.
WHEREFORE, for the reasons set forth herein, and as set forth more fully in Plaintiff’s Complaint, motion, memorandum in support of its motion, and supporting affidavits, Plaintiff is hereby granted a PRELIMINARY INJUNCTION.
IT IS THEREFORE ORDERED that ALPA, and its officers, members, representatives, attorneys and agents, and the airline pilots employed by COMAIR, and all persons acting in concert with, through or under them and each of them, are hereby restrained in the manner set forth below:
From calling, permitting, authorizing, encouraging, participating in, approving of, or continuing any disruption, curtailment, or restriction of normal airline operations or procedures, including but not limited to improper maintenance write-ups, slowdowns, or other work stoppages and all acts in furtherance or in support thereof:
AND IT IS FURTHER ORDERED:
That ALPA, its officers, members, representatives, attorneys and agents take all steps in their power to prevent said disruption of normal airline operations or procedures from continuing, including but not limited to, the following:
instruct all pilots to refrain from improper maintenance write-ups, work slowdowns, or any other disruption of COMAIR’s flight operations, and provide COMAIR a copy of all such instructions.
notify, by the most expeditious means possible, all ALPA-represented pilots employed by COMAIR of the issuance, contents and meaning of this preliminary injunction, and produce a copy of all such messages to COMAIR.
that the notice described in (b) above include a directive from ALPA to all COMAIR pilots to cease and desist upon pain of fine, suspension, or other sanction from improper maintenance write-ups, or any other disruption of flight operations, and to cease and desist all exhortations or communications encouraging the same.
that ALPA post the notice described in (b) above to its Internet web site, and provide a copy of the notice to COMAIR.
that ALPA include the contents of the notice described in (b) in a recorded telephone hotline message to all COMAIR pilots, and provide a copy of the message to COMAIR.
that ALPA report by 1200 noon on December 22, 1999, by sworn affidavit, the methods used to effect the notice described in (b) above, with a copy to COMAIR and the Court.
IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that a bond is hereby set in this matter in the amount of $25, 000 to be deposited with the Clerk of Courts.
SO ORDERED this 21st day of December, 1999, 5:45 p.m. E.S.T.
/s/ William C. Bertelsman
U.S. DISTRICT JUDGE

Don't do ANYTHING illegal FOR or AGAINST the company.

Be professional.

Looking at the ads on the board you get the idea that FlightInfo and their sponsors anticipate the majority of the members will be current or future pilots discussing the current events in their career. Because of that common understanding I felt that it was important (and the right thing to do) to make my (spouse) status clearly known from my very first post.

Skanza, from the tone of your comment it sounds as though perhaps you belong to one of the non-pilot groups listed? Could you please share your position and employer so that posters/readers can better understand your perspective? I asked previously but perhaps it escaped your notice? Thanks, Netjetwife

PS We don't normally discuss the plight of all the part-time single parents married to a frac pilot, but I don't assume that those posting here aren't thankful and supportive of the contribution made by the frac family members. Skanza, I think you're being a bit presumptuous and unfair...

My name is...

Skanza, from the tone of your comment it sounds as though perhaps you belong to one of the non-pilot groups listed? Could you please share your position and employer so that posters/readers can better understand your perspective? I asked previously but perhaps it escaped your notice? Thanks, Netjetwife

PS We don't normally discuss the plight of all the part-time single parents married to a frac pilot, but I don't assume that those posting here aren't thankful and supportive of the contribution made by the frac family members. Skanza, I think you're being a bit presumptuous and unfair...

Yeah right, as soon as everyone else here identifies themselves. (Which will never happen. Everyone here, including me, is hiding their identity behind their silly username.) No, I'm not part of the non-pilot group, but does that mean that I can't acknowledge or defend them? And who's to say you are really a NetJet Wife? Nobody knows, and frankly it doesn't matter. I'm just trying to shed light on the selfish, greed filled narcissism that seems to run rampid with these pro union posters. I'm also presenting a different point of view that a lot of people don't want to admit is possible, or are scared of it and respond with gunfire. That's all.

Last edited:
Either I'm B19 or who?

If you're posting in these threads and you still don't know who B19 is, you've got problems.

My comment has everything to do with your post. Either you're David Marker or you and B19 are hittin' it. When was the last time you got something for free? What makes you think FLOPS' mgmt is going to give out industry standard treatement without a fight. The never have, still don't, and have recently indicated they have no intention of doing so willingly! Not hard to understand why guys are intentionally fighting for what is right.... fighting hard. They'll either win or SHUT this POS DOWN. Frankly, if FLOPS can't keep up with the industry, close the god dam doors and give the market share to those who can actaully provide quality treatment to both its external and internal customers.

Nice, I laugh. Keep it up!

Yeah right, as soon as everyone else here identifies themselves. (Which will never happen. Everyone here, including me, is hiding their identity behind
their silly username
.) No, I'm not part of the non-pilot group, but does that mean that I can't acknowledge or defend them? And who's to say you are really a NetJet Wife? Nobody knows, and frankly it doesn't matter. I'm just trying to shed light on the selfish, greed filled narcissism that seems to run rampid with these pro union posters. I'm also presenting a different point of view that a lot of people don't want to admit is possible, or are scared of it and respond with gunfire. That's all.

Silly hu? Go and tell Sheringa who you are and see if you have a job tomorrow, wait you will have a job, I will not

And who's to say you are really a NetJet Wife? Nobody knows, and frankly it doesn't matter.

She is a NetJets pilot's wife.

Aparently my name is "Nobody" because I know.

The turning point

I don't care. I would rather see Flight Options go out of business than go through another two to three years of this piss poor backwards management and support. Do you hear me? The sooner we can get to the point of closing the doors, the sooner the eventual outcome to this stupid fight will become clear. Let's get on with our lives. With or without Flight Options as a part of it, it no longer makes any difference to me.

Now when the majority feel that way you will have accomplished something.
I remember when I came to that point a few years ago. Nothing to loose. Very liberating.

Yeah right, as soon as everyone else here identifies themselves. (Which will never happen. Everyone here, including me, is hiding their identity behind their silly username.) I didn't ask your name, just your position and employer--commonly given info here. No, I'm not part of the non-pilot group, Are you a pilot then? Currently flying for----? but does that mean that I can't acknowledge or defend them? Certainly not, but it isn't fair to assign selfish and/or disrespect motives to a poster who doesn't mention other groups in a discussion with fellow pilots. And who's to say you are really a NetJet Wife? Many of the pilots who post here. Nobody knows, Another wrong assumption...:rolleyes: and frankly it doesn't matter. I'm just trying to shed light on the selfish, greed filled narcissism that seems to run rampid with these pro union posters. Another word-twister who somehow feels entitled to speak for others but insists that he be allowed to speak for himself....:mad: I'm also presenting a different point of view that a lot of people don't want to admit is possible, or are scared of it and respond with gunfire. That's all.

I post here as a minority, but I do it respectfully and don't shove my words into another poster's mouth. Scared? Responding w/gunfire? That's not what I see. To me they look like fed-up pilots tired of wading thru FUD and insults to discuss directly related, current events in their industry.

Skanza, what gives you the right to proclaim union supporters hold selfish, greedy and narcissistic viewpoints? Your false allegation that such an attitude runs rampant on the board isn't backed up with facts. Factually speaking, this is a frac forum and the majority of frac pilots are unionized. Thus, it's logical (not selfish or egotistical) that Union news will be discussed regularly and there are important things going on right now. (I dare say AIN would agree). It must be noted that many respectful discussions take place here between non-union and union pilots, discussing current events that affect the entire industry. Furthermore, NJ pilots regularly take the time to answer the same questions about NJ over and over in a friendly gesture of sharing info to other pilots--all without asking their union viewpoint.

Latest resources

Back