• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Game On

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
At least there will be more job openings at Netjets that pay a real wage. So who cares what happens to FLOPS, it seem management doesn't.

Well, plenty of folks do care. Just because you don't, doesn't make it absolute. I don't understand what you mean by "mangagment doesn't" either. Do you have examples? Good, provable examples?

I don't care. I would rather see Flight Options go out of business than go through another two to three years of this piss poor backwards management and support. Do you hear me? The sooner we can get to the point of closing the doors, the sooner the eventual outcome to this stupid fight will become clear. Let's get on with our lives. With or without Flight Options as a part of it, it no longer makes any difference to me.

I don't understand what you mean by "management doesn't" either. Do you have examples? Good, provable examples?

Hey, I do. I was surprised to learn that NJ pilots can see every empty leg on their BB. This allows them to see when the plans may be falling apart and intervene. Either by getting a free ride instead of having the company pay for airlines, or waste of numerous other kinds. I have asked long ago as far back as Nahill why we don't have this money saving information at our disposal. All he said was we are working on doing just that.

Well 5 years later and we still don't have that. I guess management doesn't care to give us the tools to see when they screw up and to possibly be able to step in to correct it.

That is just one example off the top of my head. So sit down and smoke another one with B-19, that is if you are not one in the same.

Last edited:
There are two very good examples of management teams that care--NJA and CS. Both have raised wages pro-actively to keep the pilots from leaving for more lucrative positions. In sharp contrast, FltOps upper management has failed to address the high attrition rate and recruitment problems caused by sub-par wages and low morale. Thus, judging by their lack of action, it is fair to say that the FLOPS don't care, especially relative to the compensation and work rules enjoyed by the majority of frac pilots.

FRAC PILOTS ARE PROFESSIONALS RESPONSIBLE FOR LIVES AND SHOULD BE COMPENSATED ACCORDINGLY

FRAC PILOTS ARE PROFESSIONALS RESPONSIBLE FOR LIVES AND SHOULD BE COMPENSATED ACCORDINGLY

Another stupid, ignorant and one sided quote by the know-it-all pilot's wife that has no respect for non-pilot aviation professionals.

Just for the record NJW, ALL aviation employees are professionals and should be compensated accordingly, NOT JUST PILOTS.

PILOTS are NOT THE ONLY ONES that have invested in their careers. Many of us have serious financial investments in our careers and carry more than just a pilot certificate and college degree yet choose to remain on the ground. Without NON-PILOT employees to ensure the air carrier operates safely, your husband couldn't take his volunteer paycheck from the union while others do the work and produce revenue.

UNIONS threaten the well being of NON-PILOT employees.

You continually show nothing but disrespect for all non-pilot employees at NJ, other fracs and the aviation industry. Disgusting.

The sooner we can get to the point of closing the doors, the sooner the eventual outcome to this stupid fight will become clear. Let's get on with our lives.

When a union is involved, it's always a stupid fight.

Congrads, that's the first smart thing I've ever seen you write. You got what you asked for!

Why are these good times to check these things?! Is it because (as I have stated before) this is your way of crossing your arms and holding your breath like a child trying to get something? Answer the question this time! Don't tell me about not flying broken airplanes, safety or any of that other BS. Its obvious what your angle is: Union inspired operation disruption to prove your point. Just remember, if you close the doors, there will be nothing to negotiate! Get it?
Answer the question.

They can't answer any more than any other union can. That's why the precedent was set with Judge Bertelsman.

They will bumble, use the safety statement and go out or their way to ground airplanes based on what the union considers "legal". Only after the court order is issued will they stop with the nonsense.

http://www.airlinesafety.com/articles/ComairInjunction.htm

FOR THE EASTERN DISTRICT OF KENTUCKY​

AT COVINGTON​

COMAIR, INC., Case No. 99-250​

Plaintiff, Judge Bertelsman
v.
AIR LINE PILOTS
ASSOCIATION, INTERNATIONAL,
Defendant.

PRELIMINARY INJUNCTION​

Upon the reading of the Complaint, the memorandum of law in support of COMAIR Inc.’s motion and affidavits in support of that motion, and upon consideration of the proceedings heretofore had, this Court specifically finds as follows:
That the Defendant Air Line Pilots Association, International ("ALPA") is the collective bargaining representative of the pilots employed by Plaintiff COMAIR, Inc. ("COMAIR").
COMAIR is a common carrier by air subject to the Railway Labor Act, 45 U.S.C. 145 et seq. (the "RLA" to the "ACT").
That there exists a collective bargaining agreement between the parties.
That the parties currently are engaged in collective bargaining for a successor collective agreement, pursuant to Section 6 of the RLA, 45 U.S.C. 156.
The RLA requires the parties to observe the status quo during collective bargaining until and unless the parties exhaust the negotiation, mediation and arbitration mechanisms established by the RLA for the resolution of "major disputes."
Those processes have not been exhausted.
Notwithstanding its statutory duty to maintain the status quo, Defendant ALPA and its members have violated the status quo by the manner and means in which its members have written-up mechanical deficiencies.
Pursuant to Consolidated Rail Corp. v. Railway Labor Executives’ Ass’n., 491 U.S. 299, 303 (1989), "district courts have subject matter jurisdiction to enjoin violation of the status quo pending completion of the required procedures, without the customary showing of irreparable injury." Rather, it is sufficient for the plaintiff to demonstrate that the defendant has violated the status quo prior to the exhaustion of the RLA’s procedures for the resolution of major disputes.
Even if Plaintiff were required to demonstrate that the traditional equitable factors were met prior to the issuance of injunctive relief, that burden has been met, inasmuch as Plaintiff has suffered from irreparable harm, and will continue to suffer irreparable harm, unless an injunction is issued. Moreover, it has demonstrated a likelihood that it will succeed on the merits, and that the public interest will be served by the issuance of injunctive relief. Finally, the balance of hardships tips in its favor, inasmuch as the injunction sought by Plaintiff COMAIR does no more than require Defendant ALPA to comply with the mandates of the RLA.
WHEREFORE, for the reasons set forth herein, and as set forth more fully in Plaintiff’s Complaint, motion, memorandum in support of its motion, and supporting affidavits, Plaintiff is hereby granted a PRELIMINARY INJUNCTION.
IT IS THEREFORE ORDERED that ALPA, and its officers, members, representatives, attorneys and agents, and the airline pilots employed by COMAIR, and all persons acting in concert with, through or under them and each of them, are hereby restrained in the manner set forth below:
From calling, permitting, authorizing, encouraging, participating in, approving of, or continuing any disruption, curtailment, or restriction of normal airline operations or procedures, including but not limited to improper maintenance write-ups, slowdowns, or other work stoppages and all acts in furtherance or in support thereof:
AND IT IS FURTHER ORDERED:
That ALPA, its officers, members, representatives, attorneys and agents take all steps in their power to prevent said disruption of normal airline operations or procedures from continuing, including but not limited to, the following:
instruct all pilots to refrain from improper maintenance write-ups, work slowdowns, or any other disruption of COMAIR’s flight operations, and provide COMAIR a copy of all such instructions.
notify, by the most expeditious means possible, all ALPA-represented pilots employed by COMAIR of the issuance, contents and meaning of this preliminary injunction, and produce a copy of all such messages to COMAIR.
that the notice described in (b) above include a directive from ALPA to all COMAIR pilots to cease and desist upon pain of fine, suspension, or other sanction from improper maintenance write-ups, or any other disruption of flight operations, and to cease and desist all exhortations or communications encouraging the same.
that ALPA post the notice described in (b) above to its Internet web site, and provide a copy of the notice to COMAIR.
that ALPA include the contents of the notice described in (b) in a recorded telephone hotline message to all COMAIR pilots, and provide a copy of the message to COMAIR.
that ALPA report by 1200 noon on December 22, 1999, by sworn affidavit, the methods used to effect the notice described in (b) above, with a copy to COMAIR and the Court.
IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that a bond is hereby set in this matter in the amount of $25, 000 to be deposited with the Clerk of Courts.
SO ORDERED this 21st day of December, 1999, 5:45 p.m. E.S.T.
/s/ William C. Bertelsman
U.S. DISTRICT JUDGE

You want the TRUTH? You can't handle the TRUTH! ...

Galaxy, that's one of my husband's favorite movie lines. :) Good intro to a very true post!

Hobbes, you're absolutely right that every pilot waiting for a fair contract puts his/her life on hold. Families aren't started or expanded; saving for retirement, kids going to college, home purchase or remodeling, etc isn't possible; and big ticket purchases must be postponed. Unfortunately, you guys know exactly what I'm talking about. Every underpaid pilot has a list ... :(

I'm with you, FC. The FLOPs have wasted enough time already and every day of delay just pushes pilots past the point of caring. Here's a newsflash for the FLOPs-- respect and loyalty are earned by treating workers in the same fashion. It's time to get serious at the bargaining table! :mad:

Another stupid, ignorant and one sided quote by the know-it-all pilot's wife that has
no respect for non-pilot aviation professionals.
Just for the record NJW, ALL aviation employees are professionals and should be compensated accordingly, NOT JUST PILOTS.

PILOTS are NOT THE ONLY ONES that have invested in their careers. Many of us have serious financial investments in our careers and carry more than just a pilot certificate and college degree yet choose to remain on the ground. Without NON-PILOT employees to ensure the air carrier operates safely, your husband couldn't take his volunteer paycheck from the union while others do the work and produce revenue.

UNIONS threaten the well being of NON-PILOT employees.

You continually show nothing but disrespect for all non-pilot employees at NJ, other fracs and the aviation industry. Disgusting.

No we don't, this is a PILOT board not a MX board, so no I don't care

And who decided this is a pilot board? And are you sure he means MX? What about engineers, trainers, anylists, and safety personel to name a few. All of these professionals along with the pilots contribute to the operation and are required or no one flies! I think you're being a little selfish...

Latest resources

Back