• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Game On

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
She is a NetJets pilot's wife. Aparently my name is "Nobody" because I know.

Meet my fischy friend. He 'as no body...at least, that is, ...no arms or legs....:p but his heart is big.

B19 youre not only a SCAB but a dumba$$ too.

"The RLA requires the parties to observe the status quo during collective bargaining until and unless the parties exhaust the negotiation, mediation and arbitration mechanisms established by the RLA for the resolution of "major disputes."
Those processes have not been exhausted.

Notwithstanding its statutory duty to maintain the status quo, Defendant ALPA and its members have violated the status quo by the manner and means in which its members have written-up mechanical deficiencies."

Youre a company stooge, you of all people should know that Flight Options position is that there is NO status quo.

Meet my fischy friend. He 'as no body...at least, that is, ...no arms or legs....:p but his heart is big.

That doesn't mean I'm slimy does it? ;)

That doesn't mean I'm slimy does it? ;)

No. It just makes you a flying fish...:p

BTW, we saw those in Egypt --very impressive.

No. It just makes you a flying fish...:p

BTW, we saw those in Egypt --very impressive.

Yes.

I am impressive.

Just ask my Mother. She'll tell you.

You want the TRUTH? You can't handle the TRUTH!
Lets face it..The days of good ole Uncle Ken are long gone. We all admit it that we were carrying non-safety of flight items till we hit a MX base. We even got questioned by the Feds on how the FLOPS airplanes mysteriously break in MX bases. I believe we did it to help the company out-you know save money and get the job done. I look back now and see how it did help but was it right? No- but it happens at a lot of 91 depts and many many 135 and even some smaller frax to this day. Things changed for the company when Ken who was a pilot knew who the face of the company was-The Pilots. He kept us happy by being the highest paid frax pilots-for a while....Then came the next two losers who focused on numbers instead of people.
Once the things that mattered most to me -pay and QOL changed-I changed with it. I stopped then and there carrying anything-long before the union came here. Then some loser in a glass cubicle in Cleveland came up with a tier system-instead of getting pissed off-I just got better at my job. With each jab the company gave me I just became a master at crawling around and finding every detail on the plane I fly. Then they started to give me hours on end to look for them prior to a flight. I am just doing my job-are you doing yours?
So it is not a child's tantrum as you would put it.. This has been a slow learning process for all of us. What have you learned from it? I love these lists the guys put out because it makes me proud to the level of detail I have gotton to know the planes. I check it thoroughly every day before and after flights. It breaks where it breaks-it it breaks in the Bahamas-so be it not my problem-thats what MX is for. Let them figure it out.

As for closing the doors--If MS can not run a profitable business and pay his employees fair standard wages then yea-we should close the doors. It doesn't break my heart one bit. If FLOPS really is broke and can not pay--fine-just show the Union the books to prove it. This is the same crap NJA cried until the came close to closing the doors then alakazam! they settle a contract and make record profits and never showed the books to anyone. It's all BS-MS-Pay up or Get out!

Does that answer your question?

No. Why do you focus on finding discrepancies at these stated times more than if you're flying a repo?? It seems obvious to me, but I don't expect anyone to respond or defend that point of view legitimately. No one here has the ball$ to admit that they break airplanes prior to passenger trips just to prove a point to evil managment. Anyone who says any different when referring to these "checklists" is lying to themselves and everyone around them. Come on kids, grow up!

No. Why do you focus on finding discrepancies at these stated times more than if you're flying a repo?? It seems obvious to me, but I don't expect anyone to respond or defend that point of view legitimately. No one here has the ball$ to admit that they break airplanes prior to passenger trips just to prove a point to evil managment. Anyone who says any different when referring to these "checklists" is lying to themselves and everyone around them. Come on kids, grow up!

Oh yeah, because mgmt stoolies like "pilot support managers" are lining up to come on here and admit to asking pilots to carry known discrepancies to places more convenient to write them up? Is that it?

The TRUTH is that for nearly a decade any sensible half wit could look over the books at Flight Options and see that a LARGE majority of writeups occur in common locations, and many happen to occur at mx base airports, although we all KNOW airplanes don't behave like that in the real world.

As much as you like to insinuate and even declare that pilots have "agendas" related to where and when the report discrepancies, you are EQUALLY silent about the other half of the equation, aren't you Skanza? You are advocating your agenda just as surely as you are decrying the other. Hypocrite idiot. (this post intentionally written in the color of choice of the village idiot!)

Bottom line: Write it up where and when you find it. In the US, out of the US, empty leg, live leg, preflight, postflight, day or night. When you find it is when you find it, and that is when you are REQUIRED to report it.

(and YES - the "checklists" can be used by pilots who are doing things by the book. If mx were being performed with integrity, there would be no need to say anything about these "checklists" - your issue with them is in itself a tacit admittance that you know the airplanes are flying around with grounding discrepancies that you wish not to be found.)

Man, you are slow. I guess sitting in that easy chair in the OCC is reducing your IQ by the day.

I never said we write a discrepency when a pax leg or it is an inconvienent place.. I will admit when I get off the phone with you guys and hear the frustration in your voice I do laugh my a$$ off on how you waste time on the phone by pausing and thinking--should I ask him to fly it? Or will he ASAP my name for pushing and end up in the mail room like the other stooge? Fact is mgt stooge-it breaks where it breaks.
The days of pilot favors are long gone and they will never return even if you paid me double a NJA contract. That bed was made by flops mgt a long time ago and now you get to sleep in it FOREVER! Why because thats the LEGAL and MORAL right way to do business. So it looks like you should get up from the OCC chair you are reading this in and go tell Mike to pack up his sh!t because he can't HANDLE THE TRUTH.
Mgt has created a group of pilots filled with rage against the unethical treatment of its front line employees. We are here till the bitter end-so learn to deal with it.
Now I KNOW that answered your question.

Hobbes and Galaxy...good posts! Those who understand the true situation the Options pilots are dealing with applaud you for the stand you're taking.

Oh yeah, because mgmt stoolies like "pilot support managers" are lining up to come on here and admit to asking pilots to carry known discrepancies to places more convenient to write them up? Is that it?

The TRUTH is that for nearly a decade any sensible half wit could look over the books at Flight Options and see that a LARGE majority of writeups occur in common locations, and many happen to occur at mx base airports, although we all KNOW airplanes don't behave like that in the real world.

As much as you like to insinuate and even declare that pilots have "agendas" related to where and when the report discrepancies, you are EQUALLY silent about the other half of the equation, aren't you Skanza? You are advocating your agenda just as surely as you are decrying the other. Hypocrite idiot. (this post intentionally written in the color of choice of the village idiot!)

Bottom line: Write it up where and when you find it. In the US, out of the US, empty leg, live leg, preflight, postflight, day or night. When you find it is when you find it, and that is when you are REQUIRED to report it.

(and YES - the "checklists" can be used by pilots who are doing things by the book. If mx were being performed with integrity, there would be no need to say anything about these "checklists" - your issue with them is in itself a tacit admittance that you know the airplanes are flying around with grounding discrepancies that you wish not to be found.)

You think that management and the NMB is blind. I encourage you to hold those write ups and break those airplanes in the most inconvenient locations possible. In the end, you are taking away negotiating tools, but I guess you are smarter than them, it's why you are flying the line and not on the negotiating committee.

Union tactics such as this have been around as long as organized labor has been involved in transportation.

You aren't blazing new territory here, all you are is playing a union game that doesn't make any difference in the final outcome of the negotations except to slow them down as it becomes a discussion point.

All you are doing is making life difficult for your co-workers, airplane owners and mechanics that you want to support you. In reality, all you are doing is driving a wedge and increasing union turmoil.

The standard and precident has been established. When the court order happens, you will have nobody to blame but yourself.

Oh, and one last thought.. the only idiot in this post is one who lives and creates union turmoil.

Latest resources

Back