• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Game On

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
JUST LIKE EMAY INCIDENT! SUCK AN ENGINE PLUG, HOT START, COVER UP, FLY PLANE ALL WEEKEND, GET PHONE CALL FROM FAA, TAKE PLANE FOR BOROSCOPE. COVER UP, COVER UP, COVER UP! THROW PILOT BEHIND ASAP TO PROTECT HIM.

PRICELESS

TBM is correct. Anyone else in the company would have been summarily waltzed out the door for this. And while everyone makes mistakes, covering it up is blatantly illegal and borderline criminal. Not to mention how it reveals an obvious lack of character for all directly involved.

This is but one example of the type of activity Flight Options pilots need protection from. This protection will come in the form of a CBA and our own 1108 safety committees. As this example illustrates, we cannot rely on management to "do the right thing" when safety is compromised and the decisions are difficult.

I'd very much like to hear how our management (or the likes of Skanza and B19 - oops, same thing) would respond in an attempt to justify this one. The truth is, other than with rhetoric, they have no response.

Encourging Words

"You only go around once in life. So grab for all the gusto you can. ... Why settle for less? ...."

[FONT=Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Times]-Schlitz Brewing Company
Milwaukee,WI-
1970 AD

[/FONT]
[FONT=Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Times]"While you live,[/FONT]
[FONT=Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Times] Drink!--for once dead you never shall return."
[/FONT]
[FONT=Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Times]Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam
1023 CE
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Times]
[/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Times]
"Just do it!"
[/FONT]
[FONT=Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Times]-Nike-

"Blacken all marks dark and heavy."

-The College Board-

If not Victorious --Let no man come back alive!

-George S. Patton-
[/FONT]​

Last edited:
Sure is quiet...

As I expected...nothing but crickets. :rolleyes:

TBM is correct. Anyone else in the company would have been summarily waltzed out the door for this. And while everyone makes mistakes, covering it up is blatantly illegal and borderline criminal. Not to mention how it reveals an obvious lack of character for all directly involved.

This is but one example of the type of activity Flight Options pilots need protection from. This protection will come in the form of a CBA and our own 1108 safety committees. As this example illustrates, we cannot rely on management to "do the right thing" when safety is compromised and the decisions are difficult.

I'd very much like to hear how our management (or the likes of Skanza and B19 - oops, same thing) would respond in an attempt to justify this one. The truth is, other than with rhetoric, they have no response.

I've seen unsafe pilots survive the grievance process with actions so blatent that the union representatives were shaking their heads behind the scenes in disbelief that the pilot wasn't fired.

It's what you make of it, nothing more.

It is nice to have him back on ignore.
I wonder how many FLOPS BJ's are parked uncrewed today?

In sharp contrast, I wonder how many NJ and/or other frac applications were submitted today? Reality is testimony to the FLOPS failures. The Options pilots wouldn't go thru the upheaval of changing companies and retraining without good reason. Likewise, pilots entering the frac industry do their homework first and then choose the company that offers the most attractive compensation package and gives them the best long-term career. The bargaining table is the place to start turning around the company. Now is the time to get it right. Yes, support workers are important and their contribution respected (that basic understanding goes without saying which is why I don't mention it more often, but not commenting does NOT EQUATE TO A LACK OF RESPECT FOR THOSE WORKERS--to refute the garbage FUD posted on the board) but if an aviation business can't attract qualified, experienced pilots there will be no flying to support. As Galaxy has pointed out.

Thus, rightfully so, that puts the focus squarely on the pilots. When the FLOPS realize that and act accordingly they will begin to make up the ever-increasing distance they are falling behind when compared to their rivals in the industry. Progress is good for every worker employed by a company so a fair, attractive contract for pilots should have the support of all employees at FltOps.
Good Luck to the Ops families! NJW

Yesterday I was listening to a comedy raido channel and heard something that reminded me of FLOPS.
The comedian went on to tell a story of how he was sitting in a plane for over 3 hours on the tarmac. He started talking to the flight attendant on the reason for the delay. The kind employee went on to say that the pilot that landed the plane would not fly it again as he heard something "Not Right" in one of the engines. He wanted a mechanic to check it out. It took the airline management 3 hours to find a pilot that would fly the plane. :eek:
It sounded so much like the pilot shopping that happens here at FLOPS. It is also one of the reasons why one of the famous Marker Brothers is now a mail room clerk at FLOPS. I fail to see why operating a company in a safe manor is so hard for the mgt team to do. The money that the aircraft orners pay every month to have their aircraft/asset kept in working order must be getting spent elsewhere.

Latest resources

Back