• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Game On

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good thing B19 flies a desk and not an airplane. According to him it would be stupid, selfish and counterproductive to thoroughly preflight an airplane. I guess, as a management stooge, he would be happy to fly any old plane into any old situation. B19, keep up the good work. You are a shining example.

My bet is B-19 is unable to do the job of a professional pilot. He is on a desk because that is all he can do.
Jealous and bitter. :angryfire
But he does make for some amusing reading. :laugh:

As a pilot for NJI, I don't have a proverbial dog in this hunt. However, I feel FLOPS will not survive this situation as it appears to be unfolding. If the owners come to NJA and Flex, hopefully y'all will be hired forthwith.
I do not like unions, but FLOPS management appears to be CLUELESS.

As a pilot for NJI, I don't have a proverbial dog in this hunt. However, I feel FLOPS will not survive this situation as it appears to be unfolding. If the owners come to NJA and Flex, hopefully y'all will be hired forthwith.
I do not like unions, but FLOPS management appears to be CLUELESS.

Apparently, according to MS our owners will be flying less and so they probably can't afford to go to netjets or any other fractional that pays industry standard wages.

... But, until the majority of the ranks understand something as simple as DONT WORK OVERTIME, we are F$%#ED. I don't understand it. Neither do I. How can any of the pilots want to do favors for a CEO that has proven he has no integrity and operates under a double standard that denies parity to Options pilots. If pilots weren't doing overtime FLOPS could not meet their crewing needs and planes would be parked. Isn't this happening now? Also, aren't pilots quitting left and right? Aren't most pilots in the job market avoiding the FLOPS who won't pay professional wages? Its like the majority of pilots dont care or something. I'm sure at times it does feel like that, but the very fact that a majority of the pilots voted to stand up for themselves says otherwise. Right now we are losing the battle because of a complete lack of solidarity. While there are still some Options pilots who need to invest in their future (pay dues) and insist on fair treatment and wages (refuse to do favors like OT) I do think you're failing to give your peers the credit they deserve. You are at the bargaining table making progress toward acquiring a contract. It is very obvious to management, that is why they are dragging their feet in negotiations. Wrong conclusion for their behavior. They stall because they think it is in their financial interest to do so, but that just shows flawed logic. Yes, from their perspective every day of delay the pilots lose out on the pay raise they have earned and management keeps the perks they enjoy without having to do their job by running the company efficiently. However, in reality, wasting training dollars because they have to replace pilots they have underpaid is a short sighted method doomed to failure. Parking planes because pilots won't come to fly them at sub-par wages actually hurts the business. Its pathetic. Agreed. The FLOPS are putting their egos above what is best for the good of the company and the right way to treat the pilots--professional wages commesirate with their skill and responsibilities. If we could get some solidarity we could bring this thing to a conclusion. But to me at least, it not looking good right now.
HS

Having been through this before, I have a more optimistic view and my conversations with NJA and Options pilots make me think you're seeing the darkness before the dawn. The Options pilots are on the right track and the message is getting through--hence the increase in FUD you're seeing. I recall the way most of the Options pilots posted and looked at the NJA folks in 2004. Very different from today. Now they remind me of the NJA posters during their contract dispute. That's a huge jump in solidarity that should not be overlooked. Sometimes in order to see how far you've really come you have to look back at where you started. Don't be discouraged, HS. Just dig in your heels and offer your fellow pilots encouragement and positive reinforcement in taking a stand for their future. From what I hear (and I have good hearing ;) )there is light at the end of the tunnel.
Best Wishes!
NJW

Having been through this before, I have a more optimistic view and my conversations with NJA and Options pilots make me think you're seeing the darkness before the dawn. The Options pilots are on the right track and the message is getting through--hence the increase in FUD you're seeing. I recall the way most of the Options pilots posted and looked at the NJA folks in 2004. Very different from today. Now they remind me of the NJA posters during their contract dispute. That's a huge jump in solidarity that should not be overlooked. Sometimes in order to see how far you've really come you have to look back at where you started. Don't be discouraged, HS. Just dig in your heels and offer your fellow pilots encouragement and positive reinforcement in taking a stand for their future. From what I hear (and I have good hearing ;) )there is light at the end of the tunnel.
Best Wishes!
NJW

Trust the union, just like she did.

She tells you to "dig in", yet when the union gave her husband a chance to stay at American Airlines, they bailed out and went to NJ.

She's been flaunting the quality of IBT and 1108, yet now that negotiations are over and 1108 has what they want, the want to get rid of IBT because the affiliation is too expensive.

She is a "fair weather" self proclaimed union expert. If the union doesn't suit her needs, she hooks on to whatever bandwagon is there and follows it.

She is a shining example of everything there is bad about unions.

You make me sick

Best time to check all 49 items:

1-Before a passenger leg

2-When aircraft is out of the country. Do a really good pre-flight in Bermuda or the Bahamas, that'll show them.

Why are these good times to check these things?! Is it because (as I have stated before) this is your way of crossing your arms and holding your breath like a child trying to get something? Answer the question this time! Don't tell me about not flying broken airplanes, safety or any of that other BS. Its obvious what your angle is: Union inspired operation disruption to prove your point. Just remember, if you close the doors, there will be nothing to negotiate! Get it?
Answer the question.

Skanza, it's too bad that you have a "shoot the messenger" attitude. Are you an Options pilot? :confused: Please share your company and position so that I can understand where you're coming from. You're sadly misguided to blame the frustrated, burned-out pilots for expressing justified anger over being paid sub-par wages. Yes, they're getting fed up busting butt while falling further behind the majority of their industry peers. And what reasonable person can blame them? After all, experts warn managers repeatedly about the repercussions of using sticks instead of carrots. Some don't need the warning (SWA); some make up for lost time after the light bulb goes off (NJA with IBB); but some have to be dragged kicking and screaming (MS is actually the brat here, not the underpaid/overworked pilots) to the bargaining table to settle things fairly.
Skanza, it sounds as though you've fallen into the FUD trap and bought into the fear and intimidation. Sad but not unheard of. Union busters use those despicable tactics to trip up the unwary and/or fearful by nature. :mad: The key to growth and harmony in the workplace has been explained over and over by experts--motivation. A fair contract will raise morale and induce pilots to go the extra mile. Management knows that and it gets pointed out repeatedly at the bargaining table so place blame accordingly for disruptions.

WARNING: LABOR STRIFE WILL BE ENCOUNTERED. FRAC PILOTS ARE PROFESSIONALS AND SHOULD BE COMPENSATED ACCORDINGLY BUT FLIGHT OPTIONS MANAGEMENT HAS THUS FAR REFUSED TO MEET INDUSTRY STANDARDS SO DISPLAYS OF LOW MORALE ARE UNAVOIDABLE.

Just remember, if you close the doors, there will be nothing to negotiate! Get it?

At least there will be more job openings at Netjets that pay a real wage. So who cares what happens to FLOPS, it seem management doesn't.

Why are these good times to check these things?! Is it because (as I have stated before) this is your way of crossing your arms and holding your breath like a child trying to get something? Answer the question this time! Don't tell me about not flying broken airplanes, safety or any of that other BS. Its obvious what your angle is: Union inspired operation disruption to prove your point. Just remember, if you close the doors, there will be nothing to negotiate! Get it?
Answer the question.

You want the TRUTH? You can't handle the TRUTH!
Lets face it..The days of good ole Uncle Ken are long gone. We all admit it that we were carrying non-safety of flight items till we hit a MX base. We even got questioned by the Feds on how the FLOPS airplanes mysteriously break in MX bases. I believe we did it to help the company out-you know save money and get the job done. I look back now and see how it did help but was it right? No- but it happens at a lot of 91 depts and many many 135 and even some smaller frax to this day. Things changed for the company when Ken who was a pilot knew who the face of the company was-The Pilots. He kept us happy by being the highest paid frax pilots-for a while....Then came the next two losers who focused on numbers instead of people.
Once the things that mattered most to me -pay and QOL changed-I changed with it. I stopped then and there carrying anything-long before the union came here. Then some loser in a glass cubicle in Cleveland came up with a tier system-instead of getting pissed off-I just got better at my job. With each jab the company gave me I just became a master at crawling around and finding every detail on the plane I fly. Then they started to give me hours on end to look for them prior to a flight. I am just doing my job-are you doing yours?
So it is not a child's tantrum as you would put it.. This has been a slow learning process for all of us. What have you learned from it? I love these lists the guys put out because it makes me proud to the level of detail I have gotton to know the planes. I check it thoroughly every day before and after flights. It breaks where it breaks-it it breaks in the Bahamas-so be it not my problem-thats what MX is for. Let them figure it out.

As for closing the doors--If MS can not run a profitable business and pay his employees fair standard wages then yea-we should close the doors. It doesn't break my heart one bit. If FLOPS really is broke and can not pay--fine-just show the Union the books to prove it. This is the same crap NJA cried until the came close to closing the doors then alakazam! they settle a contract and make record profits and never showed the books to anyone. It's all BS-MS-Pay up or Get out!

Does that answer your question?

Last edited:
Why are these good times to check these things?! Is it because ......... Just remember, if you close the doors, there will be nothing to negotiate! Get it?
Answer the question.

WTF is wrong with you d1ck lick? Gone to too many B19 sausage parties apparently.

Latest resources

Back