• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Farquaad fiddled while OneSky burned

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know rumors are weak sauce, but this one may have some merit.
What would NJ want from this? A solid core fleet of 300s and a few 350s, the contracts, and then a virtual monopoly. Good deal if they get a bargain.
It may be the investors that are dumping the Flexjet investment after the epic fail by KR.
Virtually every idea, aka "vision", has flopped.
Globals and Gulfstreams not selling enough.
RL a huge fail.
Union at FJ where one could never get even a ballot on the property before.
Uniforms an idiotic fail.
Paint job law suit.
Lear 45 modification lawsuit.
Lawsuits piling up over Union grievances.
Illegal firings and humiliation in depositions.
Bogus uniform rollout, pilots now in 3 different uniforms.
Supersonic BJ an expensive, silly PR farce
KR skimming $$ with investor $$ with sister companies
KR cored out FJ, huge talent drain that made FJ attractive to investors
FJ now on the failed business model of FO, operated by a weak support group

So if investors want to dump FJ to short their losses, then NJ may benefit from this as an aquisition, not a merger. 300 crews could get a fence deal to continue ops until NJ crews get typed. The old Globals and Gulfstreams get returned to lessors.

If this scenario plays out, you might see anti Union holdouts writing their MIGS checks to the Teamsters, because without a Union, FJ pilots could get a real hosing.

I know rumors are weak sauce, but this one may have some merit.
What would NJ want from this? A solid core fleet of 300s and a few 350s, the contracts, and then a virtual monopoly. Good deal if they get a bargain.
It may be the investors that are dumping the Flexjet investment after the epic fail by KR.
Virtually every idea, aka "vision", has flopped.
Globals and Gulfstreams not selling enough.
RL a huge fail.
Union at FJ where one could never get even a ballot on the property before.
Uniforms an idiotic fail.
Paint job law suit.
Lear 45 modification lawsuit.
Lawsuits piling up over Union grievances.
Illegal firings and humiliation in depositions.
Bogus uniform rollout, pilots now in 3 different uniforms.
Supersonic BJ an expensive, silly PR farce
KR skimming $$ with investor $$ with sister companies
KR cored out FJ, huge talent drain that made FJ attractive to investors
FJ now on the failed business model of FO, operated by a weak support group

So if investors want to dump FJ to short their losses, then NJ may benefit from this as an aquisition, not a merger. 300 crews could get a fence deal to continue ops until NJ crews get typed. The old Globals and Gulfstreams get returned to lessors.

If this scenario plays out, you might see anti Union holdouts writing their MIGS checks to the Teamsters, because without a Union, FJ pilots could get a real hosing.

All of this sounds good except, were all one company, union too, (judge said) good luck picking and choosing pilots

It's hard. Some of us have 15-20 years at this place. Just a few years ago it was absolutely the best fractional to work for, hands down.

The rapid decline has left some shell shocked, some find denial easier, some took up the banner of unionization and others are just hoping to ride it out until retirement or a sale/merger.

It's not as easy as you think. One thing is for certain, Kenn Ricci really is everything they said he was and it's only taken a few months with the gloves off to see it. I really don't know how these management guys sleep at night.

I'm in the same boat 13-20years, but "we" dont even get a toaster when we leave, "we" get a 150.00 bill for the per diem.

All of this sounds good except, were all one company, union too, (judge said) good luck picking and choosing pilots

Not a lawyer, but aquisitions are treated much differently than mergers. It may be essentially an asset aquisition. The reason I believe this? When NJ was wheeling and dealing with Bombardier for their aircraft order, they tried unsuccessfully to bundle Flexjet in the deal. It fell apart because NJ just wanted assets and no people. Pierre balked.

One company? That is all debatable since there has not been an official merger yet. This could be argued again in a Buffet courthouse.

Last edited:
I'm always amazed at all the legal talent on this board.
Who knew we weren't just pilots but lawyers, too. Everyone just
relax and see how it all plays out. If you don't like it, just leave.
No shortage of jobs out there.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this all faintly familiar regarding the citation air deal? Could this just be Citation Air 2.0? Kenn is regurgitating old tricks with new spin.

My understanding is Kenn was trying to get the hard assets but not the people. Wasn't Delis behind the whole planes not people rally cry (unconscionable imho) too and this was the beginning of the in house run?

Yes, CA pilots ended up losing their jobs anyway but I'm at least reassured it was not frivolous. The way I see it the union acted ethically not allowing Kenn to circumvent the intention or letter of representation. Unfortunately, sometimes that sucks for everyone.

Boy, kind of puts the VSP issues in a better perspective remembering this. Seems to me the union is actually showing restraint, not the other way around.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this all faintly familiar regarding the citation air deal? Could this just be Citation Air 2.0? Kenn is regurgitating old tricks with new spin.

My understanding is Kenn was trying to get the hard assets but not the people. Wasn't Delis behind the whole planes not people rally cry (unconscionable imho) too and this was the beginning of the in house run?

Yes, CA pilots ended up losing their jobs anyway but I'm at least reassured it was not frivolous. The way I see it the union acted ethically not allowing Kenn to circumvent the intention or letter of representation. Unfortunately, sometimes that sucks for everyone.

Boy, kind of puts the VSP issues in a better perspective remembering this. Seems to me the union is actually showing restraint, not the other way around.

Are you training now? You are saying some things i heard were discussed today. Can you verify Rick said plan was always get rid of Options pilots and the union vote yes screwed it all up? The plan was to bring over hand picked transfers and phase the rest out with letting flops die and flext grow was and what was promised to him when he accepted the promotion. Told he made it very clear if you want to keep your job and have a future with Ken it will be with no union and they are putting 100% eggs in the basket of defeating the union. Not trying to stir this up but that sounds like a threat. Be no union or go somewhere else. Heard this straight from a very anti union guy so it must have been pretty blatant if he felt the same way. He said if the only future plans with this company are being made with no union in mind then either these sell rumors are true or there's a good chance this company won't even be here in 5 years.

Latest resources

Back