• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Farquaad fiddled while OneSky burned

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this all faintly familiar regarding the citation air deal? Could this just be Citation Air 2.0? Kenn is regurgitating old tricks with new spin.

My understanding is Kenn was trying to get the hard assets but not the people. Wasn't Delis behind the whole planes not people rally cry (unconscionable imho) too and this was the beginning of the in house run?

Yes, CA pilots ended up losing their jobs anyway but I'm at least reassured it was not frivolous. The way I see it the union acted ethically not allowing Kenn to circumvent the intention or letter of representation. Unfortunately, sometimes that sucks for everyone.

Boy, kind of puts the VSP issues in a better perspective remembering this. Seems to me the union is actually showing restraint, not the other way around.

Phil did lead the charge. Started an online petition for it. "Take the planes, leave the Pilots". Most of the people that signed the online petition. Guess where they are now? Yes the CitationAir and vSP both are very similisr in the companies tactics, but one thing about ca, company found out at the 11th hour that their pilots and our pilots would make the 65% of pilots vs fj, and that would automatically have made the Union on property. There wouldn't even be a chance of what we went through. So kr backed out of the deal and gave the planes no pilots to the Union, because he knew he had to take the Pilots, but couldn't take the Pilots otherwise it would have screwed with his attempt of riding the Union using fj, knew the Union would look bad for doing the right thing.

We have 700 combined pilots. Approximately 10% may go for this vsp, but if we allow management to unilaterally impose these economic terms on us, it is a disaster for the 90% who remain. It sets a legal precedent that management can set economic terms without negotiation. In the future, the remaining pilots will have given up the right to bargain for pay. So it doesn't matter if this is the deal of the century for the 10%, it MUST NOT BE ALLOWED!! Do a little research folks. Giving up your negotiating rights is not something to contemplate with this management.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowtation capt View Post
...knew the Union would look bad for doing the right thing.
Seems to be a consistent KR tactic

It's effective that's the problem

I'm not sure how the union feels they can get this VSP stopped in courts. I spoke with many people that have experienced buyouts with many mergers and changes under the RLA. 1 out of the 3 buyouts offered over the years their union signed off. The other two the CNW forced it and the unions had to let it be and there was nothing they could do. Since Options falls under the same RLA rules I think we are screwed getting this VSP stopped.

Win or lose, you have to fight for what's right. Just letting them get away with it because of some unclear precedent isn't the way to go. If Ricci gets away with circumventing the Union's power to collectively bargain on their pilots' behalf, it would be very destructive.

I'm not sure how the union feels they can get this VSP stopped in courts. I spoke with many people that have experienced buyouts with many mergers and changes under the RLA. 1 out of the 3 buyouts offered over the years their union signed off. The other two the CNW forced it and the unions had to let it be and there was nothing they could do. Since Options falls under the same RLA rules I think we are screwed getting this VSP stopped.

That's an easy one. It's in the first sentence of our CBA.

1.1(a) Pursuant to the certification by the National Mediation Board in Case No. R-7072 dated March 3, 2006, this Agreement is entered into by and between Flight Options, LLC (hereinafter ?Flight Options? or ?Company?) and the International Brotherhood of Teamsters, Airline Division (hereinafter ?Union?) as representative of Captains and First Officers of the Company, (hereinafter ?Pilot(s)?) pursuant to the terms of the Railway Labor Act, as amended (hereinafter the ?Act?) in the mutual interests of the Pilots and the Company to promote the safety and continuity of air transportation, to further the efficiency and economy of operations, and to provide for orderly collective bargaining pertaining to rates of pay, rules or working conditions, between the Company and its Pilots.

It's not about stopping the vsp. It's about stopping KR from going sroundbthe cba. It's about protecting the cba, in reality the vsp doesn't matter, it's how he broke federal law by not having an Loa.

Latest resources

Back