• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta New Hire Class Breakdown?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is this confirmed? highest SSN = lowest seniority number, did you hear this from a friend of a friend, or you being in class. I also have a dog in this fight. It would mean for me going from the top 3 to the bottom 3...

Thanks.

Depends on your definition of confirmed but my friend spoke direclty with the Delta MEC rep less than thirty minutes ago and I wrote in my post above almost verbatim what he was told.

Did they really get to re-bid? I heard they were going to but that was just a rumor. I haven't seen anything posted on this forum from anyone in the current class.

This I cannot confirm but I did hear that they did rebid after someone discovered the seniority numbers were being allotted backwards.

What are you trying to say? That they are going to leave it the way that it is and disregard the CBA, or change it and deal with the lawsuits from the people that were initially senior in each class.

I'm not trying to say anything seriously. I am sarcastically pleading the case for those with low SS numbers. I, like everyone else hope that the end result is compliance with the CBA.

July 16th class bid on A/C assignments based on 0000 being the most senior. Two days later (during the ALPA party) they were told it was backwards and everyone would re-bid. The next day they went back to class, rebid, and moved on. They are going to change the seniority numbers based on 9999 now being the most senior, but they have not yet figured out what to do with A/C assignments and base assignments for the previous 8 classes. Some classes it doesn't make much of a difference because they were all NYC MD-88. Everyone will most likely be where they want to be on the next AE so for most, it isn't a big deal as far as AC and bases go. The seniority is a different story, but they did it with 9999 being the most senior before they stopped hiring on 2001 so they have to switch someone and the newhires are the easiest at this point. I have heard a rumor of removing some seat locks and possibly some sort of compensation for those who went to NYC that should not have went there.

The seniority is a different story, but they did it with 9999 being the most senior before they stopped hiring on 2001 so they have to switch someone and the newhires are the easiest at this point.

Seniority was by age until new hires in 07. Oldest in the class was the most senior. This ssn thing is something new.

Agreed Troy Kane is NOT the youngest in my class. I had six younger than me but my last four are 04XX so I was due to the contact on July 1, 2001, the plug for five years three months seven days seven hours and forty five minutes...

Agreed Troy Kane is NOT the youngest in my class. I had six younger than me but my last four are 04XX so I was due to the contact on July 1, 2001, the plug for five years three months seven days seven hours and forty five minutes...

...but who's counting, right?

Latest resources

Back