• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta New Hire Class Breakdown?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't see any reason Delta is going to change its policy. A change is an admission of guilt. There maybe some reason for the ambiguity; like highest describes seniority and not number or whatever. It could take sometime to clarify this. I wouldn't hold my breath.

PS. I had to plead the case for all of us with low SS numbers.

I don't see any reason Delta is going to change its policy. A change is an admission of guilt. There maybe some reason for the ambiguity; like highest describes seniority and not number or whatever. It could take sometime to clarify this. I wouldn't hold my breath.

PS. I had to plead the case for all of us with low SS numbers.

What are you trying to say? That they are going to leave it the way that it is and disregard the CBA, or change it and deal with the lawsuits from the people that were initially senior in each class.

I get the feeling ACL's ss# is between 0000-5000?

Delta will change this as per the contract and I truely doubt there will be any lawsuits since you are at will right man?

Peace, JP

Actually it would benefit someone like me. A lot. I am looking at it from the legal standpoint that DAL would.
I have a dog in this fight. I have called my reps and they are working the issue. That is all that I was told.
But basically it is way over my pay grade.

What are you trying to say? That they are going to leave it the way that it is and disregard the CBA, or change it and deal with the lawsuits from the people that were initially senior in each class.

Or leave it the way it was for the first several classes knowing an even more potent lawsuit will be filed by those who were hurt by not following the established policy and proceedure. I would think it is in the companies best interest to make it right, right now. If they wait and one guy in class gets upgrade or equipment or base ahead of a guy that should have been senior, damages against the company could be levied each time this happens for the pilots whole career.

If there was any lawsuit potential for the now senior guys that would lose seniority it would be a one time deal and I'm not sure how much of a case they would have since they have already benefited from the mistake. Dissapointing yes, grounds for a lawsuit not so much.

Also keep in mind a precedent was just set when the jr guys in the last class got to re-bid now as being senior and the policy of highest last four of ss number making best seniority in class will again be used for all future classes.

Last edited:
I agree with all of it. I am guessing that they will make right on the seniority and keep everyone where they are. What they need to do is reconfigure the conversions of the first few class. It will affect a few by three to four months. Also there are some that would have been making flight pay for the last few months, but because of this have been still on training pay. It is not a lot, but first year any money is a big thing.
I am just surprised that they have not done something or said something about it. Basically the newest class rebid and everyone has gotten very quiet. I know that there are legal ramifications no matter what the decision is.

Just talked to a friend of mine at Delta who was affected by this. He called the Delta MEC and this is all being fixed as we speak. Crew resources will be contacting each pilot individualy affected by this. Pilots will be given their correct seniority number. If someone jr to them was awarded equipment/base etc before them they will be offered the same position/base/equipment as the person now jr to them.

Also keep in mind a precedent was just set when the jr guys in the last class got to re-bid now as being senior and the policy of highest last four of ss number making best seniority in class will again be used for all future classes.

Is this confirmed? highest SSN = lowest seniority number, did you hear this from a friend of a friend, or you being in class. I also have a dog in this fight. It would mean for me going from the top 3 to the bottom 3...

Thanks.

Did they really get to re-bid? I heard they were going to but that was just a rumor. I haven't seen anything posted on this forum from anyone in the current class.

Latest resources

Back