• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta New Hire Class Breakdown?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
the plug for five years three months seven days seven hours and forty five minutes...
Or 4.65 posts on FI by General Lee for every day you were furloughed.........

I was in the 7/2 class...yes, got the call today to inform me that the seniority had been incorrectly assigned and that it would be redone in the next few days. They are reassigning the base awards in our class, but not the equipment awards. So, the ex-junior guys in class are now able to choose ATL if they want, but they are not able to switch aircraft. I was toward the bottom and was going to NYC, but now I am going to ATL. I'm not sure what happened to the ex-senior guys in my class...I know they kept the 737, but I'm not sure if they were able to keep their original base assignment or not.

I was #4 in my class and got the NG out of ATL. I came home today to a message from crew support stating my seniority had been adjusted. They said nothing about changing bases or planes.

I am curious if they are going to give ATL to the first few classes that were all NYC to begin with. To my knowledge only one guy out of the first three or four classes has been called.

So what exactly started this whole process to begin with? I heard it was a new hire that was vocal about his (originally junior) assignment, but who knows what really happened? If that IS the case then he screwed his fellow classmates by changing the way things panned out with many not having a say in the matter as to which aircraft assignment/base preference they would pick. It really creates a huge domino effect in the bid preferences.

As a probationary new hire I personally think I would just keep my mouth shut in class.

I think most people in class are just excited to be there regardless of base assignment. Its a great time to come to Delta!

Last edited:
How does pointing out an error in the interpretation screw your fellow classmates? The people that were originally junior were the ones being screwed. It is much better to catch it now than a couple of years down the line.

interesting. I just looked at the contract and you are right. Wonder how they will fix this...

I just got off the phone with DALPA.

Crew Resources made a mistake. DALPA expects the Seniority numbers to be corrected by this weekend and the AE's corrected next week.

I had assumed 0000 would be the best number, but 9999 gives you the best seniority.

I wish you success!
William
AKA Bill

They are calling everyone about the seniority numbers. That should be done soon.
Our VP of Ops has made the decision that they are not going to have people change aircraft. If you have and AE you will not be seat locked on it. But if you do not you are stuck where you are with the conversion date that you have.
The change in aircraft basically affects the last four classes. The first four all went to NYC so they will remain there until their original conversion dates. The more recent classes will completely rebid. That said many that had ATL will go to NYC and because they did not have a new bid or AE will not be allowed to convert until the next AE conversion list is posted with a new award. It sucks for those people, I am not sure how they were to put a bid in when they got what they wanted, but that is the story that I have been told.

So what exactly started this whole process to begin with? I heard it was a new hire that was vocal about his (originally junior) assignment, but who knows what really happened? If that IS the case then he screwed his fellow classmates by changing the way things panned out with many not having a say in the matter as to which aircraft assignment/base preference they would pick. It really creates a huge domino effect in the bid preferences.

As a probationary new hire I personally think I would just keep my mouth shut in class.

I think most people in class are just excited to be there regardless of base assignment. Its a great time to come to Delta!

Just two points to consider...
1. Even if a new hire pointed this out in class, just remember...ALPA and the company wrote this contract, not that new hire. So this is in no way their fault.

2. Are you saying it's ok for the company to selectively ignore certain parts of the contract? I certainly hope not. Whether you are on probation or not is irrelevant...we must abide by the contract and the company must abide by it.

Like someone said earlier...it's much better this was caught now rather then 500+ newhires later. because no matter when it was caught it would have had to been fixed. For the guys in my class, the ex-senior ones actually made out pretty well in that they took all the 737 awards and are now able to keep them. Something that would have never happened if the seniority had been assigned correctly in the first place. Regardless, there will be another AE in about a week, and everyone is probably going to get the base and A/C they want anyway.

Oh yeah...and everyone in my class is dang excited to be here...but we still have to play by the rules.

Latest resources

Back