• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Jumpseat Policy Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, I have to say that Delta has always been very good to me J/Seating out of ATL when our own flights are full or too long of a wait, and tonight was no exception.

The first Delta guy offered to ride on a pass, and, then, after I was seated in business class, another Delta pilot got on board as well, apparently also deciding to ride on a pass to allow me to get home.

Thanks, guys . . . . it was appreciated!

I don't mean to sound as if I've received the short end from D when I JS. Sometimes however having less than a true recip agreement is trying when you are trying to get where your going knowing the other guy would suceed if it was on your airline.

Last edited:
Russ,

Glad to see you are up to date on the DFW closing. There also aren't too many DFW based Skywest pilots, although a few are probably based there on reserve. I tried to erase the "SLC based pilots" part due to the fact that any jet base probably flies part of their trips on the Delta side. But, there is a problem with us allowing every one of your pilots on any of our jumpseats up front, and you guys not reciprocating. It is a double standard for sure. The reason I brought this up is because you like to preach to the chior that your crap don't stink, and then you can't see this huge gaping hole in your own procedures. Our pilots usually don't ask your pilots which airline you have been flying for during the last trip---because if we did and you just flew a trip for United---there might have been a chance that you couldn't allow a Delta pilot up front with you----and at the same time asking for a ride from us. We don't do that---and you guys do. Quit bit ching about our procedure of 1 or 2 jumpseaters depending on the plane. Your procedure isn't a good one either. Have a great night.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Yup, could be better but its a heck of a sight better than Deltas. I can carry 50 D JS'ers on a UA flight. How many SkyWest JS'ers can you carry on a D flight?

No program is not without room for improvement, some simply are in greater need than others. I hope you don't find some level of equivalence in the pratfalls of our comparative systems, D is much more in need of overhaul. I understand much is out of the hands of the pilots. That is your out to blame management and move on.

"preach to the chior that your crap don't stink"

Refresh my memory if you would...when and where?

"Quit bit ching about our procedure of 1 or 2 jumpseaters depending on the plane"

Aye aye Admiral...but not without a parting shot. I won't complain as long as I'm occupying one of those seats. If I'm the third guy at the gate and the plane is otherwise wide open I might be a bit torqued off.

Enjoy your evening.

Russ,

Ah, I had to come back for this one. You ask how many Skywest jumpseaters can go on our flights? Can't you guys write passes or use your pass cards now on our flights? If you could, which you can according to my Skywest friend there in SLC, you wouldn't need more than one jumpseat in the cockpit---because there would be open seats in the back! HA! I got you. We can't do that on United flights, but you can do it on either United or Delta, and any of your pilots can sit in any of our cockpits, but we can't sit in your United RJ cockpits. Sounds to me like your jumpseat policy is the one that needs to be fixed first.....If you are the third guy at the gate and there is a seat open in the back and two jumpseaters up front (in a 764), then you would use your pass card and get on.

Ty,

You guys have been great to us also. I have said it before, but one of your guys let me in the cockpit before 9-11 while he sat in the stew jumpseat. That was very nice.

Bye Bye--General Lee

What is even more strange with AA's jumpseat is that American Connection CHQ has D6U while American Connection Transtates only has D6L.... both AAC carriers but according to the focus page, CHQ is unlimited but TSA is not..... hmmmmmm

General Lee said:
Ty,

You guys have been great to us also. I have said it before, but one of your guys let me in the cockpit before 9-11 while he sat in the stew jumpseat. That was very nice.

Bye Bye--General Lee
Yeah, but he had the legs for it . . . . :cool:

Seriously, I have sat on that seat to free up seats in the cabin, too. It's a lousy seat, to be sure, sandwiched between the lavs and the engines, but I think most of our guys would do it, certainly the commuters would!

General, Why didn't u guys negotiate unlimited jumpseats with your concession package. the company took 1 billion a year from you guys without giving you squat. surely giving you guys unlimited jumpseats would have been very fair, considering what they took from you. maybe D pilots just don't really give a !!#@$!

SizzleChest said:
What is even more strange with AA's jumpseat is that American Connection CHQ has D6U while American Connection Transtates only has D6L.... both AAC carriers but according to the focus page, CHQ is unlimited but TSA is not..... hmmmmmm
That is really wierd.... but it really doesn't matter because if there are open seats, more than one American Connection pilot can write a pass. No need to jumpseat, am I right?

OK, general. Obvious we both are biased towards our respective systems. A better, impartial measure would be what someone who doesn't work for either of us says. A SWA guy tries to JS on a SkyWest flight and on a DAL flight. Multiple JS'ers waiting, wide open in the back of both aircraft. Who's system do you think he/she is going to think is superior?

Latest resources

Back