• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJT MEC declares war on ASA pilots.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Your views on JoeM are irrelevant. The real question is....is he right? I dont think he just takes the time to make this stuff up. He heard something, and is repeating it for us to discuss. End of story.

While some of Joe's info isn't quite correct, the majority of it is pretty accurate. As someone who is on the "inside", I can tell you it seems to be getting uglier between the 2 MECs. I can't understand why they now don't want either their current system or the ASA PBS. The system they want is inferior to both current systems.

While some of Joe's info isn't quite correct, the majority of it is pretty accurate. As someone who is on the "inside", I can tell you it seems to be getting uglier between the 2 MECs. I can't understand why they now don't want either their current system or the ASA PBS. The system they want is inferior to both current systems.

Tell us about this system, please.

Dear Legacy ExpressJet Pilots:

I have rode in the van with a lot of you and if you want the TRUTH about PBS talk to any ASA pilot and they will give you the real details. I like it and would never return to line bidding unless I had to. One question I keep hearing is you loose your 3 weeks vacation......NOT TRUE! We used to bid vacation the same way you guys did, if it inter fears with your vacation it gets dropped etc......same goes with PBS. One week turns into 19 days with PBS. Like I said dont read union emails or internet forums just ask any of our 1,700 pilots. Some may hate it but most like it.

With your trip dropping can't that take you below mmg pay? Correct me if I'm wrong but thats my understanding and thats what I'm most concerned about. Falling below mmg pay turns vacation into a regular day off and that's not acceptable for me.

So how is the new system inferior? There has been a ton of homework done by the XJT scheduling committee, and I seriously doubt they would throw something out there that is subpar.

With your trip dropping can't that take you below mmg pay? Correct me if I'm wrong but thats my understanding and thats what I'm most concerned about. Falling below mmg pay turns vacation into a regular day off and that's not acceptable for me.

No, if I am following along with you. I have been given 60-65 hours during vacation months, and received 75-hours (monthly guarantee) of pay.

A globalized bidding system is horrible and should be avoided. Continental uses a global bidding system.

A Seniority PBS system is not the same as a Globalized PBS System.

Latest resources

Back