• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJT MEC declares war on ASA pilots.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
40% Seniority Based (Favors Gummers and Lifers)

60% Beyond Thunderdome Cage Match at A-Tech Hangar (Favors Youth and New Hires)

Points will be deducted from those who are ejected from hangar during no-holds-barred seniority brawl.

Joe, that's going to be hard to do seen as we can just vote NO on the contract until the bidding option is one we all want.

40% Seniority Based (Favors Gummers and Lifers)

60% Beyond Thunderdome Cage Match at A-Tech Hangar (Favors Youth and New Hires)

Points will be deducted from those who are ejected from hangar during no-holds-barred seniority brawl.

sounds like it's gonna be like american gladiator over there..maybe y'all can have one of those machines that fires tennis balls at the old guys

The XJT MEC has realized that they will have to give up there current line bidding system. The XJT MEC has now agreed to go with a PBS system that does not honor seniority. It is a "globalization" system that is 40% seniority and 60% not based on seniority....The XJT MEC is trying to ram this down the throats of the ASA pilots and it is a worse system than we currently use. Contact your reps. now...before it to late.

I suppose one of the biggest problems you have here Joey, is that you have absolutely zero credibility.

The XJT MEC has realized that they will have to give up there current line bidding system. The XJT MEC has now agreed to go with a PBS system that does not honor seniority. It is a "globalization" system that is 40% seniority and 60% not based on seniority....The XJT MEC is trying to ram this down the throats of the ASA pilots and it is a worse system than we currently use. Contact your reps. now...before it to late.

Sucks for the lifers

Dear Legacy ExpressJet Pilots:

I have rode in the van with a lot of you and if you want the TRUTH about PBS talk to any ASA pilot and they will give you the real details. I like it and would never return to line bidding unless I had to. One question I keep hearing is you loose your 3 weeks vacation......NOT TRUE! We used to bid vacation the same way you guys did, if it inter fears with your vacation it gets dropped etc......same goes with PBS. One week turns into 19 days with PBS. Like I said dont read union emails or internet forums just ask any of our 1,700 pilots. Some may hate it but most like it.

Dear Legacy ExpressJet Pilots:

I have rode in the van with a lot of you and if you want the TRUTH about PBS talk to any ASA pilot and they will give you the real details. I like it and would never return to line bidding unless I had to. One question I keep hearing is you loose your 3 weeks vacation......NOT TRUE! We used to bid vacation the same way you guys did, if it inter fears with your vacation it gets dropped etc......same goes with PBS. One week turns into 19 days with PBS. Like I said dont read union emails or internet forums just ask any of our 1,700 pilots. Some may hate it but most like it.

He may type like a bona fide partial-retard, and by our hiring criteria he very well may be, but he's right... The PBS is the greatest improvement we've seen at this crappy, bottom-feeding "airline" in over 5 years.

And another thing, you exjet guys, STFU in the van.. I don't want to hear your holocaustesque, "we are a victim" and "your crappy contract sucks compared to our crappy contract" whining. It's pathetic. I'd rather you just ask me about my crappy 4-day and you tell me about yours. Otherwise, let me do my crossword. Unless you're that "nevets"/Steven doosh. Please introduce yourself. I'd love to punch you in the taint.

Last edited:
Of course, union officers NEVER have and NEVER would use a proxy (lacky?) to spread misinformation and/or dissent among a pilot group...

Dear fellow ERJ Xjetters,

Please ignore Joe. Every pilot group has their management suck-up, "I-want-bigger-planes-here-at-my-crappy-regional-because-I'm-too-much-of-a-******************************-to-get-hired-by-mainline", sky is falling, let's take a subpar contract to stay competitive, loser.

In fact, Joe and a few like him were behind an attempt a few years back to replace our MEC with some of his management suck-up buddies so they could ram a crap contract down our pilot group's throat. While our current contract is far from perfect, its a ton better than what it would have been if Joe and friends had gotten their way.

Joe doesn't represent the vast majority of us who want this place to be a good place to be until we can move on to better airlines. In fact, a growing number of us are becoming tired of our current MEC, who here lately seem to be happy to take management's side more often than the pilot's while they collect their alpa pay.

The more I hear about what the ERJ MEC wants, the more I'm behind them and not ours. So long as the list integration is done fairly, I'd like to see the ERJ MEC take the lead on negotiations, their current contract seems to have much better work rules and tighter language than the current CRJ contract.

Latest resources

Back