• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJT MEC declares war on ASA pilots.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I love PBS, my March schedule is better than anything I ever had under line budding and it's due in large part to the pairing generator used for March and this past December, 3 on 4 off is back!!!!!!

Pairings have nothing to do with PBS!!!!!!!!! The arguement should be focused more on making the company create better pairnings no matter how we bid.

One thing's for sure, while ASA is working with a near 70% dooshbag to non-dooshbag pilot ratio, Expressjet is hovering in the neighborhood of 100%. Can't wait to hate working with you. Welcome to the family, Dooshers!

Well I see you know your contract as well as you know how to spell ******************************.

Can't figure out why none of you can answer simple questions about your contract. Maybe while you are sitting for 8 hrs you can call your union and if they are not busy talking to Joe Merchant they can explain some things to you.

So now your MEC Chairman tells one of our guys that "we have more votes, so we are going to start running things our way". Great way to build bridges.

So now your MEC Chairman tells one of our guys that "we have more votes, so we are going to start running things our way". Great way to build bridges.

I would hope that is not the case. Did you guys get some kind of an email or is this hearsay?

Here is an important point many don't get. I sometimes get exactly the line and trips I want from my initial bid. BUT sometimes somewhere along the road life happens and it no longer suits me because I need a certain day off, need a to start by a certain time, need to move my work days up a day, etc etc. Unless a certain percentage of trips (equivalent to what we have in our SLIW), then everyone is CEMENTED in their once perfect schedule. Sometimes I trade into a "junk trip" (that senior people didnt bid for) because of these types of situations. This is NOT largely unnecessary! If you actually understood our system, you would realize that anything else would be a further concession for XJT.

There are lots of ways to change, modify , alter ,or move a trip around by a day or two here and there with PBS. Trip trades with another crew member, dropping portions of a trip from 1-2 legs on a certain day to dropping a whole day or two off a four day. Many of us drop, swap, and trade multiple trips after our line award.

Here is an important point many don't get. I sometimes get exactly the line and trips I want from my initial bid. BUT sometimes somewhere along the road life happens and it no longer suits me because I need a certain day off, need a to start by a certain time, need to move my work days up a day, etc etc. Unless a certain percentage of trips (equivalent to what we have in our SLIW), then everyone is CEMENTED in their once perfect schedule. Sometimes I trade into a "junk trip" (that senior people didnt bid for) because of these types of situations. This is NOT largely unnecessary! If you actually understood our system, you would realize that anything else would be a further concession for XJT.

There are lots of ways to change, modify , alter ,or move a trip around by a day or two here and there with PBS. Trip trades with another crew member, dropping portions of a trip from 1-2 legs on a certain day to dropping a whole day or two off a four day. Many of us drop, swap, and trade multiple trips after our line award.

We can also swap with other pilots but rarely can drop a leg or two, much less a day or two. Seems hard to be
Wife the way this management runs the coverage. But without some open time left over, there is no way to do BD/WD trades. Again, let's not just look for excuses. Because have a small percentage of open time would only enhance that which you say you can already do. Or are we just looking to disagree for the heck of it?

Well I see you know your contract as well as you know how to spell ******************************.

Can't figure out why none of you can answer simple questions about your contract. Maybe while you are sitting for 8 hrs you can call your union and if they are not busy talking to Joe Merchant they can explain some things to you.

P.m. me and I'll give you all the details you want.

Latest resources

Back