Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJT management at the negotiation table requests.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The problem with this segment of the industry is that is has NO WAY to increase revenue. The majors play these price slashing, low balling games and REDUCE their revenue intake, all while their longevity costs go up year after year. The only way to keep up is to reduce costs. This model is dead, and everybody needs to get out. Let Delta find another way to connect their passengers. Maybe they think they can beef up Pinnacle and GoJets just enough to do the flying they want done. Let them see if they can. Skywest's only long-term mode of survival is to go alone or buy all the others in the market to eliminate the competition and hoard all the qualified pilots.

Then they need to merge us. Does Jerry really think he is saving money keeping us separate. Maybe up until now.

But the only answer is to merge the 3 carriers, I'm all for dumping ALPA, and buying another regional or two. Then tell Delta how it's going to be.

Scare tactics, concessions, and ultimately bankruptcy have always been the "easy" way out. The cat's outta the bag. The job is no longer worth the cost to become qualified to perform it and hasn't been for a while. Management made this mess so let THEM clean it up.

The problem with this segment of the industry is that is has NO WAY to increase revenue. The majors play these price slashing, low balling games and REDUCE their revenue intake, all while their longevity costs go up year after year. The only way to keep up is to reduce costs. This model is dead, and everybody needs to get out. Let Delta find another way to connect their passengers. Maybe they think they can beef up Pinnacle and GoJets just enough to do the flying they want done. Let them see if they can. Skywest's only long-term mode of survival is to go alone or buy all the others in the market to eliminate the competition and hoard all the qualified pilots.

I just did a quick Google search and found that Delta Airlines' year over year revenue growth averaged 14.11% over the past 5 years. Delta is doing just fine, and managed to find enough $$ to give all their pilots some nice fat raises. But they are doing it on the backs of the regionals, who are making less and less per year.

Well, the market is reacting, and the imbalance is starting to self-correct. Delta cannot continue this business model, plain and simple. Delta will see flight after flight simply cancelled, due to lack of regional pilots. At some point, even Delta will realize the need to open up the regional purse strings (even if it means cutbacks elsewhere). Either the regionals will disappear (highly doubtful), or the extreme pay imbalance will disappear. One or the other WILL happen.*

*There is one other possibility, that the majors start some kind of ab-initio program where they sponsor all the pilots they need right out of high-school, as in, DL will pay for all your training, in exchange for maybe 7 years of indentured slave-labor. BUT, due to the 1500/1200/1000 hour rule, such a program would take a couple of years to fully implement, at best. And could they create a big enough ponzi-scheme to provide all the flight-hours necessary for all the applicants? Long term, it would be doubtful. So I really think pilots have the upper hand going forward here.

Then they need to merge us. Does Jerry really think he is saving money keeping us separate. Maybe up until now.

But the only answer is to merge the 3 carriers, I'm all for dumping ALPA, and buying another regional or two. Then tell Delta how it's going to be.

Amen brutha!!!

If this was up to a vote today the ASA side would vote it in by 95%. ASA pilots would make the pinch nickle pilots look strong since it passed by 85%. And for the record I am an ASA pilot unfortunately. Full pay till the last day

How do you figure that out? I don't think you're in touch with the real feelings here.
Think again.
NOT A PENNY LESS
UNITED WE STAND
DIVIDED WE FALL!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

If this was up to a vote today the ASA side would vote it in by 95%. ASA pilots would make the pinch nickle pilots look strong since it passed by 85%. And for the record I am an ASA pilot unfortunately. Full pay till the last day

Uh NO. how long have you been here?

Latest resources

Back