Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJT management at the negotiation table requests.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I will not do this job for any less than I make now. If they're serious about cutting costs they will flush everyone in the A-tech and combine us with Skywest. Until then, I don't believe you.

That would be funny seeing even a 1/4 of the GO moving to Utah. Me thinks that part of the problem is Jerry doesn't want what the xjt side would bring out there.

I will not do this job for any less than I make now. If they're serious about cutting costs they will flush everyone in the A-tech and combine us with Skywest. Until then, I don't believe you.

^^^^^^^^ this.

Get rid of all the excess vp's, directors, managers, etc... and make us ONE airline. There's your cost savings right there fellers.
We saw how well concessions worked for comair.

Quite frankly, this type of behavior by negotiating parties is common. Low balling, high balling, bluffing, brinkmanship are typical strategies. However, let's consider for a moment that the company is telling the truth from a business and financial standpoint, and that they really can't compete under the current cost structure. I find that believable, however, I cannot and will not bring myself to accept any type of concessions in my compensation and work rule agreements. I feel that the current compensation package is already too low. I would be a fool to accept less. I am going to bet on the strength of SKYW inc. and the enormous market leverage they have to figure out a way to survive under current book or better. I realize that the economy went through armageddon and that the damage is still being repaired, but accepting anything less is not an option for me; Not one penny less, not one concession.

Typical canned response from management. My water/power bills are higher. I'm spending more at the grocery store. I'm spending more at the pump. Neighborhood fees are up. Insurance is up. I'm working longer hours. Getting less rest. And they think I'm going to agree to financial concessions? No.

The problem has ALWAYS been there are too many people out there willing to do this job for peanuts. Stop selling yourselves short. Especially the FO's up to their necks in student loan debt with no light at the end of the tunnel.
Excellent points, however, the ALWAYS part you said above is about to end. The pool of available applicants is already pretty dry; wait 'til FTDT kicks in with the need for 5-7% more regional pilots industry wide just to cover the same flying. EVERY regional will be hiring like gangbusters very soon, just to cover current flying, which will completely drain the pool of qualified people willing to work for current rates.

I think the name of the game is to do nothing and just wait them out. I bet by early next year they will be begging us to amend our contract to allow for signing bonuses/increased 1st year pay/etc. just to keep our completion factor out of the toilet--which would mean HUGE financial penalties and could even threaten the viability of our airline contracts. Paying us more may cost them less in the long run.

Thank you Go jets, Pinnacle, and all you bottom feeding scum. This is exactly why you deserve no respect.
NO CONCESSIONS....EVER!
STAND FIRM.......LET THE MAJORS TRY TO FIND THE FLYING ESLEWHERE.

This airline will grind to a stop if this nonsense continues, that is a fact.

FLY SAFE!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Thank you Go jets, Pinnacle, and all you bottom feeding scum. This is exactly why you deserve no respect.
NO CONCESSIONS....EVER!
STAND FIRM.......LET THE MAJORS TRY TO FIND THE FLYING ESLEWHERE.

This airline will grind to a stop if this nonsense continues, that is a fact.

FLY SAFE!

The good news is this airline will grind to a stop regardless, if pay rates aren't raised to attract enough new-hires to keep planes in the sky. The reset of the regional industry is here. The next 12 months will be very interesting to watch, as I believe the tide will turn and they will have to start throwing money at the pilots, at least at the new-hires, just to stay in business.

So I agree, no concessions. Just wait for them to make the next move.

Exactly! Amen Justsnumber

This is '07 all over again. They said they'd have to shut the doors if we didnt take a cut.

Well shut the doors then. I say good riddance. I'm barely interested in continuing this career at CURRENT rates.

Now is our chance to put to death a poorly run company. Upper MGMT will be fine. The pilots will be better off in the long run It's all the mid level jack wagons I'm gonna enjoy seeing squirm

Nothing will change unless we fly safe NOW!

The problem with this segment of the industry is that is has NO WAY to increase revenue. The majors play these price slashing, low balling games and REDUCE their revenue intake, all while their longevity costs go up year after year. The only way to keep up is to reduce costs. This model is dead, and everybody needs to get out. Let Delta find another way to connect their passengers. Maybe they think they can beef up Pinnacle and GoJets just enough to do the flying they want done. Let them see if they can. Skywest's only long-term mode of survival is to go alone or buy all the others in the market to eliminate the competition and hoard all the qualified pilots.

Latest resources

Back