• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Xe + ev = 1

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Trying to think of a way to get the SKW guys to come to the table. How can we urge them to get in the game?

Contract talks should focus on locking in a great percentage of acquired aircraft. Let's say 66%. Sounds fair. You SKW guys don't like it, get in the game.

Now to craft language that binds Inc. into dishing out new aircraft to EV/XE. Hmmm.

They need to stay away from the table. Skyw pilots will come out on top. They are JA's baby. A union will do nothing but hurt them.

Let them stay away from the table. When we negotiate for them and sign a deal for a majority of any growth at the corporation, they will wonder what hit them.

This deal is big money, especially if JA gets PBS on both EV and XE. To let the deal blow up over contractual issues related to seniority would be very costly. A lawsuit dragging it all out would be very costly.

A nice deal securing assets and growth for the new EV/XE would seal up the deal quite nicely.

Let them stay away from the table. When we negotiate for them and sign a deal for a majority of any growth at the corporation, they will wonder what hit them.

This deal is big money, especially if JA gets PBS on both EV and XE. To let the deal blow up over contractual issues related to seniority would be very costly. A lawsuit dragging it all out would be very costly.

A nice deal securing assets and growth for the new EV/XE would seal up the deal quite nicely.

Wow, you really don't have a clue how things work do you. Considering a contract won't pass on this side we'll be stuck for years. Then once we finaly do our 2600 pilots will vote out your 1650 and take over. If 1/2 the asa guys are like you I'd say you've got it coming.

Wow, you really don't have a clue how things work do you. Considering a contract won't pass on this side we'll be stuck for years. Then once we finaly do our 2600 pilots will vote out your 1650 and take over. If 1/2 the asa guys are like you I'd say you've got it coming.

Does everyone agree with you?

blastoff said:
Originally Posted by blastoff
Originally Posted by blastoff [URL="http://forums.flightinfo.com/images/buttons/viewpost.gif"]http://forums.flightinfo.com/images/...s/viewpost.gif[/URL]
I think you are too easy to discount the fact that most XJT pilots are ready to move on from the broken promises of the once great XJT. ASA is a good company and you seem to like your CEO, so most guys are keeping it in perspective. This deal will go through and I think most will be happy with it no matter what the list looks like.

I know you like to keep emphasizing that you're doing the buying. That's fine, but has no bearing on SLI.

Jetlinker said:
Originally Posted by Jetlinker
Agreed. Most XJT pilots are glad this thing is going through. This place isn't half of what it used to be. There's no reason this has to turn into a pis$ing match.

Does everyone agree with you?

[/I]

[/I]

Of course not. But guys like me are just starting to peel away the onion of your pilot group and contract. Nothing personal, but the smell gets worse and our eyes water more with each layer. Benefits.....OMG, I can't believe how crappy they are....it'll take thousands more from each family's pockets. The pay is comenserate but he work rules are horrible. The wording of your contract and LOA's are what we had under contract 97. We've been dealing with a crap situation here. What we've found is when the times get tough, management will do everything and anything to cover their own arses. With escape clauses in the wording you have they can walk all over you QOL. You talk about how great your PBS system is, but you've yet to even turn it on! You've given up your vacation touching which for us WILL mean working an average of an extra 24 days a year for a guy with 4 weeks of vacation just to get the same amount of pay! Your sick time acrual is dismal, vacation acrual is worse. At this point I'd rather you didn't buy us, we take pay cuts and keep the company afloat on our own. Because taking a bit out of YOUR shiit sandwhich is slightly less appealing than making our own!

And btw,
4x7=28

70(vacation low)-28=42

Two 4 day trips at 21 hours each = 42

8 on. 22-23 off. 1 week of vacation.

If you don't know what you are talking about, shut up and just listen for a while. You might learn something.

I'm sorry, but what are the XJT pilots going to vote the ASA pilots out of? Not following....

And btw,
4x7=28

70(vacation low)-28=42

Two 4 day trips at 21 hours each = 42

8 on. 22-23 off. 1 week of vacation.

If you don't know what you are talking about, shut up and just listen for a while. You might learn something.

Ok, until the company decides that staffing is to tight OR you're in the bottom half and builds your line to 95 hours. So.....95-28=67 hours that need to be flown. On an average of 5 hours per day, you're working 13 days.....thats 17-18 days off. Not the 24-25 that we can get here. And yes, it CAN happen. Read your LOA.

See, I can do math too!

Latest resources

Back