• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Xe + ev = 1

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Frankly, the skywest pilots don't have any say in this at all. The have no union and the company didn't buy anyone.

I hadn't thought about the Comair deal and possible liquidation. Nice bone to keep those guys non-union. JA wins again.

Come to think of it, if all the deliveries (stolen) from Comair or Mesa actually happen and they go to SKW, I will be first in line to file a lawsuit for the three way merger.

Two can play this game!!

Come to think of it, if all the deliveries (stolen) from Comair or Mesa actually happen and they go to SKW, I will be first in line to file a lawsuit for the three way merger.

Two can play this game!!

I'll drop a Benjamin in your mailbox to help defray the cost...that is, if we get our mailboxes back. (?)

"SkyWest has the capital to re-fleet ExpressJet “over the next several years,” Rich said. “We’re well positioned to re-fleet, grow the fleet and move into new aircraft types as warranted.”"
http://www.aviationweek.com/aw/generic/story_channel.jsp?channel=comm&id=news/avd/2010/08/05/02.xml&headline=SkyWest%20Sees%20Fleet%20Synergies%20With%20Merger

Then again, SkyWest pilots might want that single list afterall.

Two can play this game!!

There won't be any kind of one list until the Skywest pilots want it as well. The best way to make the Skywest pilots want a union is for them to realize they just got whipsawed. Whether it be ASA taking a cut and getting the work instead, or Skywest pilots taking a cut for the work. Either way, if management plays this game, they should realize that the next step will be that they lose their precious non-union Skywest to ALPA. Management will have to tread carefully here. The whipsaw can backlash against them as well. Two can definitely play this game. Pilots need to realize what their leverages are.

Last edited:
This is very true, the Skywest pilots just got their balls squeezed by JA. The whipsaw was to give ASA the 10yr Continental contract with growth and Refleet plans and a very powerful pilot group due to size.

But if the rumors turn true, SKW guys will get more airframes to appease their whipsaw anger.

They didn't really get whipped. Inc. just had to do the deal this way because of the XJT merger clause. It's not like JA dangled the prior deal over their heads and forced them into a paycut.

We at ASA know the whip. We were beat with it numerous times and with a smile while they did it. Remember Inc. doesn't need to whipsaw SKW pilots. They just don't get a seat at the table. The company can do what it wants when it wants.

There is some power with a huge pilot group (4300) but it is limited by the transfer threat. Even with the transfer protections afforded in the ASA contract they can still take aircraft, they just have to take some pilots with them. Thanks, but no thanks to that bridge to nowhere.

I also think it was terrible that ASA went through 2 waves of furloughs when SKW didn't furlough a single pilot. Something very fishy about that.

Trying to think of a way to get the SKW guys to come to the table. How can we urge them to get in the game?

Contract talks should focus on locking in a great percentage of acquired aircraft. Let's say 66%. Sounds fair. You SKW guys don't like it, get in the game.

Now to craft language that binds Inc. into dishing out new aircraft to EV/XE. Hmmm.

"SkyWest has the capital to re-fleet ExpressJet “over the next several years,” Rich said. “We’re well positioned to re-fleet, grow the fleet and move into new aircraft types as warranted.”"
http://www.aviationweek.com/aw/generic/story_channel.jsp?channel=comm&id=news/avd/2010/08/05/02.xml&headline=SkyWest%20Sees%20Fleet%20Synergies%20With%20Merger

Then again, SkyWest pilots might want that single list afterall.

He didn't say who would get those aircraft though. I'm sure Inc will use this to whipsaw again unless we scope ALL these aircraft in plus the 30 other 35 seaters CAL pays leases for.

The whipsaw will come. We at EV did a fair job of protecting ourselves and have grown as well.

The 4300 member group will certainly have an impact on the bottom line and as a unified group, we will be able to do the same.

Latest resources

Back