• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Xe + ev = 1

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm sorry, but what are the XJT pilots going to vote the ASA pilots out of? Not following....

Leadership of the union, reps, etc. ASA has two bases and a flight instructor rep right....thats 2 reps for each. XJT has 4 bases with 7 total reps. On a roll call vote each rep votes all their members votes....so 2600 votes vs 1650 votes.

They can ignore up to half (in a holiday month, 30% in a non-holiday month) but they cannot ignore Vacation Low. Our guys get 70-75 (depending on the month) when they check vacation low and that takes priority over "Ignore".

The only time they would have to fly extra (over 70-75 including the 28 hours virtual vacation credit) is when the lines are unstacked and the pilot is junior. If they unstack, it is not 50%, it goes only as far as needed to assign the remaining open time.

I have read it, thank you.

They can ignore up to half (in a holiday month, 30% in a non-holiday month) but they cannot ignore Vacation Low. Our guys get 70-75 (depending on the month) when they check vacation low and that takes priority over "Ignore".

The only time they would have to fly extra (over 70-75 including the 28 hours virtual vacation credit) is when the lines are unstacked and the pilot is junior. If they unstack, it is not 50%, it goes only as far as needed to assign the remaining open time.

I have read it, thank you.

What the FFUUCKK does this mean? Vacation low? stack? virtual vacation? Why are you defending this? Do you not understand what XJT has for vacation? You bid a line, you are awarded a line, any trips that touch your vacation are dropped, you are paid min guarantee 75hrs. What does that mean? A senior pilots for the month of Sept. may only be flying one 4 day trip and will be paid 75hrs. When the company builds lots of lines to 75 hrs with 4day trips then many pilots will be getting one trip and being paid for 75 hours.

And for you guys arguing that it is unreasonable to get paid 75 hrs for 25hrs of work, and that "we" must remain competitive in this industry... THAT IS NOT FOR YOU TO DECIDE, IT IS FOR MANAGEMENT. THERE IS A COST TO EVERY LINE IN A CONTRACT AND YOU SURE AS HELL BETTER BELIEVE THAT MGT KNOWS THAT COST BEFORE THEY AGREE TO IT, SO DON'T JUST GIVE IT BACK!

THAT IS NOT FOR YOU TO DECIDE, IT IS FOR MANAGEMENT. THERE IS A COST TO EVERY LINE IN A CONTRACT AND YOU SURE AS HELL BETTER BELIEVE THAT MGT KNOWS THAT COST BEFORE THEY AGREE TO IT, SO DON'T JUST GIVE IT BACK!

That is easy to say when you don't have the constant threat of whipsaw from a non-union sister airline. Just as management knows the cost of every line in the contract, we must consider the cost of our negotiating positions. Skywest uses PBS, and a godawful version at that. Skywest, Inc made it very clear that they wanted us to switch to PBS and would push hard for it in negotiations for our next contract. The vast majority of our competitors now use PBS and holding the line on line bidding would likely have been an "unreasonable" position in the eyes of the NMB. Rather than fight a very long battle that would hold the rest of our contract sections hostage, we made the calculated decision to research our options and negotiate early (required by previous contact) for a PBS system that was on our terms. The result was a PBS system from the vendor of our choice, with unprecedented work rules, a modest pay increase, and provisions that will hopefully allow our next CBA to be negotiated much faster than the last one.

The cost of not taking these measures could very likely have been loss of all future flying to Skywest and another lengthy contract negotiating cycle. Until you've been in our position, please don't presume to lecture us. I seriously hope that XE is successful in enforcing their holding letter and removing the whipsaw threat from our JCBA negotiations. When we get to that point, JCBA negotiations are the perfect opportunity to improve or replace the system. Until then, why are we arguing about this?

I am defending this because you don't know what the heck you're talking about.

These term are all in the LOA and have to do with the award process of our PBS. Our method was the same as yours. Anything that touched vacation would be dropped.

To ensure this stayed an option to us even after PBS implementation, there are several items we defined in the LOA that allow this to happen.

I am defending this because you don't know what the heck you're talking about.

These term are all in the LOA and have to do with the award process of our PBS. Our method was the same as yours. Anything that touched vacation would be dropped.

To ensure this stayed an option to us even after PBS implementation, there are several items we defined in the LOA that allow this to happen.

Well, enjoy your october schedule. I'm reading your PBS LOA that was sent by my ASA buddies. Your vacation is NOT protected. Good luck with that pal. Enjoy working an extra 20 days a year for the same pay.

You will be enjoying it too in not so long. Enjoy it while you can....

Latest resources

Back