• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Xe + ev = 1

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You think ALPA's crack team can win? Maybe we could start a pool. You know, like the ones in Vegas. Who's in?

Last edited:
First, organic growth refers to internal factors. Hiring, buying aircraft, etc. As opposed to acquisitions.

The reason I believe the deal could be in jeopardy if the single list for all three is pushed is JA's history and past events. We tried a union campaign at OO. It failed, pretty badly. Now of course JA finally gave them the pay raise they were supposed to have gotten a couple of years prior. But, I think, the reason the previous purchase attempt of XE was stopped was the scope and merger issues. If anyone knows, directly, of another specific reason please share.

Just look at the way this purchase was done. Inc. is transferring the money to ASA who is going to purchase XJT. Why? Well to avoid the merger with non-union SKW of course.

I wouldn't put it past JA to kill the deal if he can't keep his non-union whipsaw baseball bat with which to beat us all if it came down to it.

Now, a little history. When we (ASA) were in negotiations, they dangled 15 CR9's to make us sign a concessionary contract. This was about Feb of 2006. When the union wouldn't bite, less than two weeks after the memo announcing the aircraft, they told us SKW would be getting all of them. We bit our lips and held fast. SKW did get those aircraft. Some discussion over whether we were ever really going to get them to begin with. But all they had to do was change the registrations, and they did.

Later, they threatened us with the infamous option 4 which was they would transfer all our aircraft to SKW and we would disappear. They actually did start this. When we closed SLC, they were slated to keep 13 of our CR7's. Due to costs, down time associated with transferring the mx program from one certificate to the other, they only kept 3. At one point during the breifings from our company, I said fine, since we are cheap on the CR2 and they are cheap on the CR7, they can have all of our CR7 and we will take all their CR2s. After all that would make the most business sense right??( this was before $135 per barrel oil). They didn't take me up on the plan.

They will use the whipsaw. They will not let it go without a fight or they might just kill this deal. JMHO.

Thats good insight, thanks for sharing. What are your thoughts about mergind all three groups? Would that be something that you and most other ASA pilots would welcome? Granted it doesn't seem like their "studedn council" pilots would exactly fit into two alpa groups well, but well, I guess I beats a whipsaw. Thoughts?

You think ALPA's crack team can win? Maybe we could start a pool. You know, like the ones in Vegas. Who's in?

Why start a pool when you have one of the best "vote with your dollars" avenue available to you already...NYSE!

If you think this deal is going to die, as some believe, then just sell short XJT for $6.56.

When the deal dies and the price falls back to $2.50 a share you have become a huge winner. Buy 10,000 shares and receive a tidy profit of $26,240.

If you really believe this deal is going to fail, here is a way to profit from it. Any takers??

First, organic growth refers to internal factors. Hiring, buying aircraft, etc. As opposed to acquisitions.

The reason I believe the deal could be in jeopardy if the single list for all three is pushed is JA's history and past events. We tried a union campaign at OO. It failed, pretty badly. Now of course JA finally gave them the pay raise they were supposed to have gotten a couple of years prior. But, I think, the reason the previous purchase attempt of XE was stopped was the scope and merger issues. If anyone knows, directly, of another specific reason please share.

Just look at the way this purchase was done. Inc. is transferring the money to ASA who is going to purchase XJT. Why? Well to avoid the merger with non-union SKW of course.

I wouldn't put it past JA to kill the deal if he can't keep his non-union whipsaw baseball bat with which to beat us all if it came down to it.

Now, a little history. When we (ASA) were in negotiations, they dangled 15 CR9's to make us sign a concessionary contract. This was about Feb of 2006. When the union wouldn't bite, less than two weeks after the memo announcing the aircraft, they told us SKW would be getting all of them. We bit our lips and held fast. SKW did get those aircraft. Some discussion over whether we were ever really going to get them to begin with. But all they had to do was change the registrations, and they did.

Later, they threatened us with the infamous option 4 which was they would transfer all our aircraft to SKW and we would disappear. They actually did start this. When we closed SLC, they were slated to keep 13 of our CR7's. Due to costs, down time associated with transferring the mx program from one certificate to the other, they only kept 3. At one point during the breifings from our company, I said fine, since we are cheap on the CR2 and they are cheap on the CR7, they can have all of our CR7 and we will take all their CR2s. After all that would make the most business sense right??( this was before $135 per barrel oil). They didn't take me up on the plan.

They will use the whipsaw. They will not let it go without a fight or they might just kill this deal. JMHO.

That's exactly why. They also told us that to be cost competitive with Skywest in essence we would need to take a 16% pay cut. This on top of the fact that they were going to transfer 35 (10 for DAL out of LAX and 25 for CAL) of XJT's aircraft over to Skywest and leave XJT only with 205 aircraft and the ability for CAL to put all those aircraft up for bid in 12 months.

He was already using Skywest to whipsaw XJT before that deal was even consummated. But for some reason many people think that JA would never do that...just look at ASA blah blah blah...

Why start a pool when you have one of the best "vote with your dollars" avenue available to you already...NYSE!

If you think this deal is going to die, as some believe, then just sell short XJT for $6.56.

When the deal dies and the price falls back to $2.50 a share you have become a huge winner. Buy 10,000 shares and receive a tidy profit of $26,240.

If you really believe this deal is going to fail, here is a way to profit from it. Any takers??
Not a bad idea....the deal will cause the stock to stay close to current levels....unless there is a counter offer. But IF the deal dies, you'd be a huge winner! If not you won't lose much.

I think if pushed, JA will kill the deal.

I would support a 3 way. (he he he). But this ain't about me. It all depends on XJT and their MEC on how far they want push this. Me, personally, if the deal depends on it I would rather get the two way merge done and force JA's hand by using our 4300 pilot voting block and a union drive that people have to actually vote to take part in the vote (due to the NMB 50% of voters rule change). I am not a lawyer or an ALPA rep, so your guess is as good as mine. I think we might fair better by getting the two groups together and then fight the fight.

I've seen JA operate for a little while and he is not gonna give up his baby.

If you think you could win a merger fight in court name your district. Unless your in the 9th I would stay away from the courts. They are not gonna side with the union.

If you think you could win a merger fight in court name your district. Unless your in the 9th I would stay away from the courts. They are not gonna side with the union.

Is SGU in the 9th district? Which court was it that put an injunction against Skw during the last ALPA drive?

I think the larger group should form a new union and then staple the other group to the bottom.

Right before the SKW pilots think about voting for a union (to make 1 group from 3), the company will announce the acquisition of assets from a dying regional. SKW pilots will realize upgrades and QOL enhancements so fast, their heads will spin. In a fit of euphoria, the SkyWest pilots will send the union packing once again. That's a prediction, but I dare destiny to state otherwise.

SkyWest "Inc" isn't stupid. They have us all by the sack...Atlantic SE, XJT, and SkyWest Airlines pilots alike. When they have 2 sides (union and non) fighting for affection, some sacks are caressed and some sacks are squeezed.

I have a question for the SkyWest Airlines pilots. Do you even want one pilot group, or do you prefer it the way it is?

Latest resources

Back