• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
XXXXXXX v. Champlain Enterprises, Inc.
Not Reported in F.Supp.2d, 2004 WL 1616361
S.D.N.Y.,2004.
July 19, 2004 (Approx. 9 pages)

I was hoping for more salacious details.

An interesting read on Civil Procedure and Summary Judgment though.

It never seems to be what it seems when all the seeing is done. (i just made that up, as far as I know)

rr

I disagree about the post on being the pilots fault for termination at TSA. I know for a fact that a friend of mine who was at TSA training had an instructor that told him that TSA at least in the mid to late 90s ( I dont know about now) had an 80% washout rate. To me that tells me obviously its not just an individuals problem its the training department.

I'm not commenting on the case except to say that I listened to the story and was shown all of the recovered documentation and the result was my being completely dumbfounded as to why the termination took place... it wasn't me who was involved. But I am forwarding all of this to my friend who is concerned that commenting publicly or revealing details of the case could jeopordize his chances of winning the case. BTW- ALPA completely dropped the ball on this one. I've really lost a lot of faith in their future ability to represent me when I return to the industry after seeing what they have done/haven't done for my friend.

I disagree about the post on being the pilots fault for termination at TSA. I know for a fact that a friend of mine who was at TSA training had an instructor that told him that TSA at least in the mid to late 90s ( I dont know about now) had an 80% washout rate. To me that tells me obviously its not just an individuals problem its the training department.

Fact, huh? Where did your friend get this factual information? The two 121 carrier I flew for, all the "facts" that came from anyone in the training department was Grade-A hog wash.
Any airline had a 80% washout rate, they would get a visit from the FAA, along with the chair board being a little concerned as to why management is wasting thousands of dollars into each pilot to be trained and then just washing them out.
I have a feeling your 80% is a little far fetched. But yet this is FI.com, where everything is a fact. Even rumors are factual.

BTW- ALPA completely dropped the ball on this one. I've really lost a lot of faith in their future ability to represent me when I return to the industry after seeing what they have done/haven't done for my friend.
Oh no you din't!
You have just black listed yourself. The ALPA chest thumpers on FI.com will tell you that you are misinformed, they will insult your intelligence and then Rez will use his $5 words to try and stump you.
Oh, I also forgot. PFT128 will not be sending you a Christmas card this year.

Latest resources

Back