• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Wrongful Termination from Colgan

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For all of you bashing ALPA... try spending a day in your local MEC's office, sit back shut up and just watch what goes on in there during their day to day operations. There isn't a volunteer that is in your local office that isn't trying to do what is best for their pilots... Grievance Committee members that try to remedy contract violations, they also deal with diciplinary issue, and some people even ALPA can't defend. ALPA has gotten peoples job's back who deserved to get them back, or kept them from getting fired...

Lets see... ALPA Aeromedical, Cheap loss of license insurance...

Are there probably some problems at ALPA? yep... is ALPA a piece of $hit? Absolutely not...

For all of you bashing ALPA... try spending a day in your local MEC's office, sit back shut up and just watch what goes on in there during their day to day operations. There isn't a volunteer that is in your local office that isn't trying to do what is best for their pilots... Grievance Committee members that try to remedy contract violations, they also deal with diciplinary issue, and some people even ALPA can't defend. ALPA has gotten peoples job's back who deserved to get them back, or kept them from getting fired...

Lets see... ALPA Aeromedical, Cheap loss of license insurance...

Are there probably some problems at ALPA? yep... is ALPA a piece of $hit? Absolutely not...

If I went to go sit in my last MEC office, no one would be there to let me in. They're in a conference at an undisclosed location.....usually the local fishing hole, trying to see who can catch the most pounds of fish. Even the secretary would be at the bar on the corner, falling off her barstool at 2pm.

ALPA does fight for peoples job, but some people need to be let. ALPA has fought for guys who don't belong in the cockpit, just to try and chalk up another notch on the head board.

No I don't, so why don't you provide them for us?
Even if they were washing out during ground school, that new hire costs money.Eventually they will have to hold another hiring session and have to hire a guy to replace him.
As a board member, I would be asking questions why are you hiring pilots who can't pass class?
Even if an airline has the worst training program in the world, they've had other pilots pass training. So what's the problem?

I was there. The problem was that they hired anyone. I read tsa stuff and it really is not their fault training wise. The quality of people were pretty bad, add in the fact that TSA instructors have this boot camp mentality to training and you'll get a bad reputation. And once all said and done, it's not hard training in a sense of the stuff you have to do, it's psycologically hard because they make it that way. At a different airline's ground school, it was actually FUN to show up everyday while at TSA it felt like everyday was your last. Actually now that I think of it, there deffintaly personel issues at TSA.

If I went to go sit in my last MEC office, no one would be there to let me in. They're in a conference at an undisclosed location.....usually the local fishing hole, trying to see who can catch the most pounds of fish. Even the secretary would be at the bar on the corner, falling off her barstool at 2pm.

ALPA does fight for peoples job, but some people need to be let. ALPA has fought for guys who don't belong in the cockpit, just to try and chalk up another notch on the head board.

Being that you are not an ALPA member, why would you be allowed in any ALPA facility?

In addition, what is curious as to why you spend so much time bashing an organization that you have zero stake in. What do you have to gain?

Being that you are not an ALPA member, why would you be allowed in any ALPA facility?

In addition, what is curious as to why you spend so much time bashing an organization that you have zero stake in. What do you have to gain?

If you read what I had typed, I said "My last MEC office"....as in my last airline job, until I decided to leave for a better life.

Don't take it as bashing ALPA, instead I am sharing my experiences with ALPA in order for the current guys to read and improve upon. I'm just trying to help ALPA get stronger, that is all.

But we're going to need some massive steroids, because ALPA is full of a lot of twinkle toe ferry's, and I am going to Pump... YOU up!

Last edited:
Was he one of the folks who called in fatigued and posted he was hung over on his unsecured facebook account at the same time?

Also, your buddy should be talking to his ALPA reps. They have some pretty involved people at Colgan.

At OH people have been telling ALPA to bug off and got their own lawyers, they did a lot better going without ALPA

At OH people have been telling ALPA to bug off and got their own lawyers, they did a lot better going without ALPA

Woah nelly!!!

Hang on Rez, I'll get this one for you. "Prove it!"

Samballs, you depressed right now and feeling suicidal? You know saying something like this on FI.com is bound to get you beat down by Rez, PFT128 (If he's not still stuck in the slide at McDonald's PlayLand) and all the other ALPA Can Do No Wronger's on this board.

Latest resources

Back