• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Wrongful Termination from Colgan

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fact, huh? Where did your friend get this factual information? The two 121 carrier I flew for, all the "facts" that came from anyone in the training department was Grade-A hog wash.

A more truthful statement has never been made. If you hear it form the training department/check airman. You can almost bank on it not coming true.

Was he one of the folks who called in fatigued and posted he was hung over on his unsecured facebook account at the same time?

You can't be serious? Someone actually did that.

A 121 air carrier pilot actually DID that!!!!????

But then again, looking at some of the idiots that we call airline pilots today, and the need for people to post on Facebook every time they're going to go take a dump, I guess it's not hard to imagine.

loosers!!

You can't be serious? Someone actually did that.

A 121 air carrier pilot actually DID that!!!!????

But then again, looking at some of the idiots that we call airline pilots today, and the need for people to post on Facebook every time they're going to go take a dump, I guess it's not hard to imagine.

loosers!!

Most likely that person had the token self portrait picture of themselves straight on with headset and sunglasses on, with the circuit breakers in the back ground.
Once in a while one will get creative and throw up the "rocker" symbol with their hand, while sticking their tongue out. As if they're saying "I'm a profession in the public eye, but behind close door I am a wild animal!"

Then you have the ever so popular status messages that say "Hey give me a call or drop me an email. If I don't get back to you right away, I'm 41,000ft somewhere over the Atlantic heading to Pigsnuckle, Arkansas".

I love how technology brings out the geeks in us.

XXXXXXX v. Champlain Enterprises, Inc.
Not Reported in F.Supp.2d, 2004 WL 1616361
S.D.N.Y.,2004.
July 19, 2004 (Approx. 9 pages)

I was hoping for more salacious details.

Can't follow procedures, likely can't fly worth a crapolo, obviously needed MEGA IOE hours just to get through...

And then has the balls to pull the race-card when he's terminated.

Glad to see it all worked out for him!

And he'll sleep well knowing that every prospective employer will have googled his name before they even call him in, which they likely won't do.

Last edited:
Can't follow procedures, likely can't fly worth a crapolo, obviously needed MEGA IOE hours just to get through...

And then has the balls to pull the race-card when he's terminated.

Glad to see it all worked out for him!

And he'll sleep well knowing that every prospective employer will have googled his name before they even call him in, which they likely won't do.

How were you able to open the document? Have a link you can PM me?

You don't know at what point those people at TSA washed out do you. It could very well be that it could have been during ground school or sim. If it was in ground school not very much money would have been invested. All I'm saying is that it could be very possible. Also any pilot I know who has worked at TSA or are aware of them have said that the training program their isn't near as good as other regionals.

You don't know at what point those people at TSA washed out do you. It could very well be that it could have been during ground school or sim. If it was in ground school not very much money would have been invested. All I'm saying is that it could be very possible. Also any pilot I know who has worked at TSA or are aware of them have said that the training program their isn't near as good as other regionals.

No I don't, so why don't you provide them for us?
Even if they were washing out during ground school, that new hire costs money.Eventually they will have to hold another hiring session and have to hire a guy to replace him.
As a board member, I would be asking questions why are you hiring pilots who can't pass class?
Even if an airline has the worst training program in the world, they've had other pilots pass training. So what's the problem?

Was he one of the folks who called in fatigued and posted he was hung over on his unsecured facebook account at the same time?

Also, your buddy should be talking to his ALPA reps. They have some pretty involved people at Colgan.

Yeah call ALPA. They'll help :rolleyes:

They're about as useful as an aviation degree on a 9 year regional FO.

I don't know why you are defending TSA so much. Were you in management over there? All I'm saying is what I've heard about TSA. Take it for what its worth. The problem is some airlines have been known to "overhire" and "pass" the ones they need who have alot of "buddies" in the company. If a person doesn't pass training with a particular company it could mean that they don't fit the corporate culture or their is a problem with the training department. You have to look at all the circumstances of why that person failed training. Maybe a company decided to cut back on routes while a person was in training. So the company "washes them out of training" because of that. Just because a person washes out doesnt necesarily mean they're a bad pilot. Back to the original discussion on TSA. All the info I heard was from various persons. I have yet to hear something positive about TSA. Nuff said.

Latest resources

Back