• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Will of ALPA Pilots?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
rez, that's a rediculously stupid argument for tossing aside an 11% percent split between those in favor and opposing a change. But I've learned to expect that from you.

ALPA has chosen to ignore the will of the majority at it's own peril. Ask me how I NOW feel about crossing a picket line.

OK. How do you feel about crossing a picket line? Didn't get your way so you're going to take your ball and go home (and be a scab.)

If you're going to jack up Andy, then do the same to the first over 60 CA or FO you fly with! Andy is just talking about it (that's all), the age 65 crowd is actually laying plans.

a. As to our education, I'd be more than willing to swap transcripts with you, if you're interested.

b. Representative democracy is not a license to be a dictator. The feedback loop has to be much shorter than what you're describing.

c. If 2006 didn't convince you, wait for 2008. Americans understand that indeed they CAN expect your representatives to do what they think is the right thing, or they get to U-Haul their asses home. Americans are going to vote for the candidate who will be most likely to clean up W's messes. They're even considering a Clinton again....

a. And then what? See who has the nicest car, hottest wife, biggest d1ck?

c. That would be nice if it had any resemblance to the truth. Most Americans are sheep and will follow the flock. They will vote for who their parents voted for. They will vote their party ticket. They will vote for who Fox/CNN tell them they should vote for. They will vote for whoever has the catcthiest sound bites, regardless of content. They will vote for the one that has spent the $$ to be recognized. And sadly, most are to apathetic and/or ignorant to vote period.

If you're going to jack up Andy, then do the same to the first over 60 CA or FO you fly with! Andy is just talking about it (that's all), the age 65 crowd is actually laying plans.

He made the threat. I think he can take up for himself. And when an over 60 F/O or Captain tells me he is going to be a scab, I will jack him up too.

Rez... in all your diatribe, you're avoiding one question - sure, a number of people didn't vote, but what about the ones who did and voiced their opinions? Do we neglect them? Do we neglect the elections where only 48% of the eligible voters come out and actually vote?

I answered it.... maybe in another thread... the leadership can simply choose to go in the direction they see best as the was no majority particaption. However, one could argue that choosing not to vote is a vote for the status quo...

but one could also argue that apathy means indifference on the issue. The only way to be clear or ensure that no one else speaks for another is to be active.

We can keep going around, but it always comes back to membership actvisim as being the key to our effectiveness...

I agree with Falconjet... let the recalls begin.

Respectfully, I don't think the apathetic, lack of expereinced and unorganized membership has the political savvy to pull it off....

It would take some reaserch on my part to run an effective recall. I am curious if you or FJ could provide a map to the process?

Last edited:
I answered it.... maybe in another thread... the leadership can simply choose to go in the direction they see best as the was no majority particaption. However, one could argue that choosing not to vote is a vote for the status quo...

but one could also argue that apathy means indifference on the issue. The only way to be clear or ensure that no one else speaks for another is to be active.

We can keep going around, but it always comes back to membership actvisim as being the key to our effectiveness...

Respectfully, I don't think the apathetic, lack of expereinced and unorganized membership has the political savvy to pull it off....

It would take some reaserch on my part to run an effective recall. I am curious if you or FJ could provide a map to the process?

Systemite, fascist ramblings.

You won't save ALPA, you're what ails it.

Last edited:
He made the threat. I think he can take up for himself. And when an over 60 F/O or Captain tells me he is going to be a scab, I will jack him up too.

Yes Andy can stick up for himself, but your ignorant attitude bothers me. Whether you want to work over age 60, or you want to cross a picket line, both are forms of seniority aggression. Guys that can't get this stuff straight need to think about what they're really talking about. Wait and see what comes after this change and what this whole elder crowd actually wants to do and we'll all be wishing it was a simple cross of a picket line.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back