• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Will of ALPA Pilots?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ok, I'm asking you. I happen to agree with you that ALPA screwed up on this issue, but how does that affect your feelings about crossing a picket line? ALPA's leadership screwed up, so now you think it's ok to SCAB and screw over your fellow pilots? Please explain.

ALPA's no longer an effective union; hasn't been for quite a while.
It's now all about the individual and their self-interest, not the collective.

As for my post.
Did I post it in anger? Yes.
Do I care anymore if someone crossed a picket line? Not anymore; there's no difference in that self-serving behavior and what has occurred at ALPA national.
Will I cross a picket line? No; I'd rather walk away from this self-centered business than act in such a dishonorable manner.
Is a labor strike effective anymore? I don't know; let me ask a Northwest mechanic.
Anyone think that the same can't happen to pilots? I don't know; let me ask a GoJets pilot.
Do I care anymore what GoJets pilots have done? Not anymore; there's no difference in that self-serving behavior and what has occurred at ALPA national.

There, does that explain my change in feeling toward crossing a picket line?

He made the threat. I think he can take up for himself. And when an over 60 F/O or Captain tells me he is going to be a scab, I will jack him up too.

Obviously, a lot of misinterpretation of my statemtent on this thread. I did not mean to imply that I would personally cross a picket line; poorly written on my part. However, I no longer care about others who crossed picket lines. It's ops normal among pilots to screw each other over.

Bottom line: I'll no longer carry a scab list or bother shunning them. I don't find their behavior much different than what many of my fellow non-picket line crossing pilots are doing to this occupation; it's no longer a profession.

Last edited:
I want to see the survey results too.

I don't think there was anything "clever" about ALPA's methods in going about changing their stance. Every question on that survey amounted to "because the age 60 rule is changing, don't you want ALPA involved?" Of course we want ALPA involved, but we don't want them to FACILITATE CHANGING THE RULE. This whole mess is the result of the senior leadership ignoring the votes of the majority and doing what THEY want to do. I'm taking off my ALPA pin.

I think ALPA does a poor job.

Now there is a statemet I can agree 100% with you on. Pardon me if I didn't read past your first line here, I figured it was probably just more of the same.....blah blah blah, alpa alpa rah rah rah.

I think if you could manage to keep this post to just 7 words it would have been one of your best.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back