Will of ALPA Pilots?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Rez:
I too am dissapointed in the turn out for this poll!
I guess most people didn't care or thought it would not effect them negatively. My how times have changed.
One thing remains constant. The more things change, the more they remain the same. The younger pilots will continue to get (insert curse word here) over by the older more senior pilots!

Took the 15 minutes to fill out the survey!

Most of the guys that I urged to take the poll said,"Why they are going to do what they want anyway." I guess they were right.

Most of the guys that I urged to take the poll said,"Why they are going to do what they want anyway." I guess they were right.

Listen, any young or junior pilot who didn't fill out the survey ought to be terminated for deriliction of duty in my opinion. We had 3 frigging weeks to get this thing in. Y'all who didn't fill this out, it was a survey, not a ditch digging assignment. How hard can it be to fill out a survey?

ALPA voter apathy angers me because these same idiots expect us to fight for their rights and enhancements come contract time. Get involved or get out of the business! Just as you are responsible to put the gear down prior to landing, so too are you equally repsonsible for filling out surveys that affect us all.

To those who are angry over ALPA's Exec Board arrogance, email and write letters to your reps. Demand an explanation. This is less about a change in the rule than it is about ALPA violating the will of the majority.

Rez... you sound like a broken record. Please change your tune. So what if we had 100% participation - would it have made any difference? I truly doubt it.

Just trying to envoke something we can control: our own activism.

ALPA is outdated and irrelevant.

So then what?

When is the membership going to take responsibility for themselves...

Rez... you sound like a broken record. Please change your tune. So what if we had 100% participation - would it have made any difference? I truly doubt it.

Let me guess.. you're going to say this is my other screen name :rolleyes:

Listen, any young or junior pilot who didn't fill out the survey ought to be terminated for deriliction of duty in my opinion. We had 3 frigging weeks to get this thing in. Y'all who didn't fill this out, it was a survey, not a ditch digging assignment. How hard can it be to fill out a survey?

ALPA voter apathy angers me because these same idiots expect us to fight for their rights and enhancements come contract time. Get involved or get out of the business! Just as you are responsible to put the gear down prior to landing, so too are you equally repsonsible for filling out surveys that affect us all.

To those who are angry over ALPA's Exec Board arrogance, email and write letters to your reps. Demand an explanation. This is less about a change in the rule than it is about ALPA violating the will of the majority.

I don't know, our MEC came out and told us what they were going to do before the survey even closed, so I don't know why it matters if you participated in it or not. It is perfectly clear that Prater and the FedEx MEC (and surely others) were in favor of this position all along and finally found a way to fast track it.

I used to have ALPA Member as my caption under my sign on. I no longer am proud of my union, so I am just a regular forum member now. I also shiitcanned my ALPA lanyard for my last trip.

After we get done recalling the entire MEC/LECs at FedEx maybe we can do the same to Prater.

I don't care about the law changing, it will or it won't. But I can't see allowing the leadership of the union to completely ignore the will of the majority of the members.

Let the recalls begin.

FJ

Rez... in all your diatribe, you're avoiding one question - sure, a number of people didn't vote, but what about the ones who did and voiced their opinions? Do we neglect them? Do we neglect the elections where only 48% of the eligible voters come out and actually vote?

I agree with Falconjet... let the recalls begin.

An ALPA carrier will never strike.

NWA pilots didn't even support the strike of another union at an ALPA carrier.

If a strike did occur at an ALPA carrier which it won't, the ALPA Eagle, ALPA XJT, ALPA Mesa, ALPA Pinnacle and Mesaba, and other ALPA code share carriers would take over the domestic flying and keep the carrier fully functional with ALPA nationals support. And concerning the international flying every over 60 pilot allowed to continue to fly would cross the pick line the day the strike occurred keeping the international flying of the concerned carrier fully functional.

So as NWA management all showed us a strike does nothing to a limit a managements bargaining position.

The code shares will keep the domestic running and over 60 scabs will keep the international running.

Any pilot who wants to fly past 60 has already declared himself a scab!!!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back