• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US air thanks but no thanks letter

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Like I said- don't trust me, call emerald or another reputable prep and they'll be able to tell you-
The cold hard fact is that I've failed one interview in my flying career- many, many friends have failed none and have had the same multiple airline career I have and theyve had to explain a lot of things worse than a type rating- Scarlet U, anyone? And I personally know friends with type ratings at every carrier listed. (furlough is a good time to knock out a project like a 73 type)

That much failure is indicative of something else- I can't and won't assume what- but it means you have work to do and the type rating excuse isn't serving you. Besides, you can't take it back, so why spend energy on it?

So- here's an example I know of-relatively recent VA hire- UAL furlough, 73 type-0hours- left jetblu to get recalled by united- furloughed again in the downturn
If you think your lot in life is harder to explain to VA than his- you're nuts- but he got hired-

"the most important work you will ever do, is working on yourself"
Keep pressing and keep getting better. And stay positive.

Or you can listen to JonJuan
(Let's say those examples is happening all over the place- how does it help you to focus on it?).
Worry about what you can control- get detailed and that's more than enough to focus on.

Well, thank you wave, that was a wonderful confidence booster this morning.

I didn't get hired at SWA the first pass, six year later, yep six year later I got hired. That was a long time. Good luck out there.

I know a Pinnacle FO with 0 TPIC who was hired at US Airways last summer.

Folks hired last summer probably had connections, just like any hiring at the beginning of a hiring cycle. I know, I know, that stuff isn't supposed to happen. And if they lawyers are reading this, I am absolutely positive that there is no evidence that anyone received undue preference.:lol:

Folks hired last summer probably had connections, just like any hiring at the beginning of a hiring cycle. I know, I know, that stuff isn't supposed to happen. And if they lawyers are reading this, I am absolutely positive that there is no evidence that anyone received undue preference.:lol:

in the first class of 3rd listers in november of 2007 i'm not sure if anyone had any connections. a common theme though for at least half the class was talking face to face with HR at a job fair. not sure about other classes though, so a connection prob would help out a lot

There is a really young fat kid that got hired with 0 capt time. I think he was at trans states or pinacle.
He had family at usair. Just wrong.

M

heard there was a us air new hire, son of a check airman, who took 75 hours to get through OE on the 190, took multiple PCs for the type, and got US Air kicked out of the Hyatt for amazing off duty crazy redneck shenanigans....go figure....

heard there was a us air new hire, son of a check airman, who took 75 hours to get through OE on the 190, took multiple PCs for the type, and got US Air kicked out of the Hyatt for amazing off duty crazy redneck shenanigans....go figure....

True, he is now an f/o on the Airbus. Everyone talks about him in CLT Training center.

M

Latest resources

Back