• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US air thanks but no thanks letter

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know virgin hired outside of their published 4,000 total and 1,000 PIC and hired a Pinnacle FO with no PIC

I know virgin hired outside of their published 4,000 total and 1,000 PIC and hired a Pinnacle FO with no PIC

Can't be true as wave and hflyer say so. Something tells me they are outside the loop.

Can't be true as wave and hflyer say so. Something tells me they are outside the loop.

I never said it didn't happen-
I said it doesn't happen often and that "too much PIC time" wasn't why someone didn't get hired-

Believe it or not, people do get turned down for having a 737 type with zero time. Maybe a small risk, but something which has bitten many people.

I never said it didn't happen-
I said it doesn't happen often and that "too much PIC time" wasn't why someone didn't get hired-

There is at least one major airline that excludes pilots with over 4,000 turbine PIC time. At least, they did the last hiring cycle. I personally saw the hiring criteria. It is not hearsay.

The fact is that these things change, and you'll get hired with whatever you have. Some will have less, some more. Don't sweat the stuff you cannot change.

Latest resources

Back