• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US air thanks but no thanks letter

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
your not competitive with guys that have less than 1000 PIC. Only calling those pilots. Just flew with an FO no recs, no ins...but had less than 1000 pic

So, you just flew with an FO that said he got the call? If he had zero 121 PIC and no military time, he's wankin' your chain. Didn't happen.

So, you just flew with an FO that said he got the call? If he had zero 121 PIC and no military time, he's wankin' your chain. Didn't happen.

Someone's wanking your chain. You really have no idea.

I respectfully disagree. I have a 737 type and no time in the airplane. It was brought up at length several times during my Atlas interview (one guy even seemed pretty pissed I had it) and I do not work at Atlas. It was not brought up at my JetBlue interview, I made it to Phase 2 with them and then was rejected 8 weeks later, about the time SWA opened up their hiring window. It was also brought up at my Virgin America interview and I wasn't hired either. I thought I had a good answer as to why I had it, but I guess nobody was buying.

The only place that didn't care about it didn't hire me, either. That place was SWA.

After my experiences (and failures) this past year, I am really regretting getting it. Again, I disagree that most every airline doesn't care about it.

Delta does not care if you have the 737 type. They should be hiring in 2015. If you can wait 3 years, try there.

Delta does not care if you have the 737 type. They should be hiring in 2015. If you can wait 3 years, try there.

I appreciate it, but I had bad luck there in 08 (bad timing...very last group in 2008 before they shut the doors) and didn't make it past the panel, so unless they "One and Out" goes away there, they're out.

If you read his post, he said the pilot had less than 1000 pic... Not sure where you came up with zero pic out of his post...

Onward and upward. Have you considered other flying opportunities such as National carriers, UPS, FedEx, Fractional, charter, or international airlines?

No offense, but you do know that UPS has pilots on furlough, fracs aren't doing too well with many furloughed, and some of the ACMI's have shut down on interviewing?

Sorry to hear that. However, if an airline calls you to interview then they must like what the see on paper. It costs the airline a lot resources to bring in a candidate and put them through the process. If they were so against a 737 type they would have not interviewed you in the first place. Perhaps you could benefit from an interview prep service.

Agreed. It does cost a lot to go through the proces of screening candidates, etc. But one of the places he interviewed at turns down about 65-75% of the people that make it to the face. And SW? Well, who knows what they're numbers are. But I'm pretty sure it's not like JB, DAL, or FedEx. In other words, they also shoot down an overwhelming majority of people that the have come in to interview. It's not the "it's your job to lose" situation. It's a hyper competitive environment with a ton of very qualified people with not too many jobs available.

But that doesn't change the fact that some places spend A LOT of time/effort/energy/resources interviewing people when they KNOW they're only going to hire a fraction of them.

I've interviewed and been rejected by SWA twice. My Airways interview in December went well, and I was fortunate to get the job. I don't think anyone can think of themselves as over-qualified for any flying job right now. There just aren't that many places hiring, and the competition is still very fierce.

I don't know the qualifications of the others who will be joining me at Airways, but as for me... nearly 10K hours, 6500 PIC, three type-ratings, check-airman, no training failures, degree, clean record, good recommendations, currently work for a wholly-owned.

So that's who you're competing with, and the bar will remain high for a long time to come. Remember, the "pilot shortage" has not yet begun, so brush yourself off and work on becoming more competitive. Believe me, I know what rejection feels like. It's a tough business, and not everyone will get a job at their first-choice carrier.

I've interviewed and been rejected by SWA twice. My Airways interview in December went well, and I was fortunate to get the job. I don't think anyone can think of themselves as over-qualified for any flying job right now. There just aren't that many places hiring, and the competition is still very fierce.

I don't know the qualifications of the others who will be joining me at Airways, but as for me... nearly 10K hours, 6500 PIC, three type-ratings, check-airman, no training failures, degree, clean record, good recommendations, currently work for a wholly-owned.

So that's who you're competing with, and the bar will remain high for a long time to come. Remember, the "pilot shortage" has not yet begun, so brush yourself off and work on becoming more competitive. Believe me, I know what rejection feels like. It's a tough business, and not everyone will get a job at their first-choice carrier.

I'm not giving up hope yet and I realize what a tough market it is right now. I know that phone will ring one day with good news. In the meantime, I just keep doing what I can keep doing.

You are obviously lying because wave hasn't heard of or seen this happening. :rolleyes:

Like I said- don't trust me, call emerald or another reputable prep and they'll be able to tell you-
The cold hard fact is that I've failed one interview in my flying career- many, many friends have failed none and have had the same multiple airline career I have and theyve had to explain a lot of things worse than a type rating- Scarlet U, anyone? And I personally know friends with type ratings at every carrier listed. (furlough is a good time to knock out a project like a 73 type)

That much failure is indicative of something else- I can't and won't assume what- but it means you have work to do and the type rating excuse isn't serving you. Besides, you can't take it back, so why spend energy on it?

So- here's an example I know of-relatively recent VA hire- UAL furlough, 73 type-0hours- left jetblu to get recalled by united- furloughed again in the downturn
If you think your lot in life is harder to explain to VA than his- you're nuts- but he got hired-

"the most important work you will ever do, is working on yourself"
Keep pressing and keep getting better. And stay positive.

Or you can listen to JonJuan
(Let's say those examples is happening all over the place- how does it help you to focus on it?).
Worry about what you can control- get detailed and that's more than enough to focus on.

Latest resources

Back