• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Unprofessional controllers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ORD is a mess. They can move some airplanes, but if you're unfamiliar with it, you're completely lost. We landed there the other day just behind America West. They rattled off something. I had no idea what it was. Luckily, our instructions were, "Jetlink, follow Cactus." I just responded with, "That we can do."

Leaving ORD is equally a mess. Once Metering tells you to monitor ground, listen up. I was listening for like 3 seconds. He'd already given 4 airplanes taxi instructions. I realized after a couple of more seconds that he wasn't breathing, he was just talking. I'd be perfectly happy not going there unless I have to.

pilotpayne said:
General

How does ord suck? They are some of the best guys around. More than once when they were busy we just kind of followed the traffic and went right to our gate. About half way there they would say wisconsin you know what your doing keep going. They are great! Now iad IS THE WORST GROUP i HAVE EVER SEEN!!!!!!

They seem overly hyped at ORD. ATL is easy going and nice, with more traffic and fewer runways. I haven't been in there(ORD) in a couple years though, since our 757/767s don't really fly there anymore, mainly MD88s and 73S. Maybe they have changed......

Bye Bye--General Lee

ORD really isn't all the difficult to manage. They don't talk any faster than the guys in NY and they don't have that annoying NY accent.

chperplt said:
ORD really isn't all the difficult to manage. They don't talk any faster than the guys in NY and they don't have that annoying NY accent.

Yeah, but in LGA, it's Bravo, Echo, Alpha to the gate. That's fairly easy. I can't even begin to explain ORD.

I guess even IAH can become confusing if you're not used to it. Hell, every one of our taxiways has 2 letters. Even the ground guy got messed up today. He told us to taxi to 15L via Whiskey and Alpha. I just shot back with, "I'll assume you mean Whiskey Foxtrot, Whiskey Alpha to 15L." He responded with, "Yeah, that's the one."

ORD is a piece of cake.................patience is the key. I've got 41 more medicals, 41 more sim rides, 20 more ground schools. ATC is the least of our problems.

AF :cool:

ATL has more passengers pass through the airport. ORD has more airplanes. ATL has 4 strips of concrete and none of them intersect. ORD has....6(?)... use to be 7 and many of them cross each other... except for the parralles... but that doesn't really count because the two arrival runways are not the same departure runways.

Roger was great. Seemed to be a really nice guy. I hear he would work out his sched so we was working Oshkosh. When he was in a mood, his acknowledge to your check in was "Welcome to Mr. Roger's Neighborhood." He retired about a year ago.

S.

ORD doesn't seem to bother me; doesn't matter where you're taxiing just do it fast. NY airports are great.

IAH........ part of the problem and the reason guys screw up taxi instructions is that they don't use taxiway names when giving instructions. If you're not based there and they say take "A" when it's actually "NA" you may miss it. Also the only airport I can think of where you have to call CLEARANCE to taxi every time.

Latest resources

Back