Unprofessional controllers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hung Start said:
Got to go with BOS folk being pretty cool. Just allways seem to have the mix flowing just right. Ms.Cleo in LGA,, well,,, affirmative action, don't ya know. BEST smaller group has got to be PWM. Hands down.

PWM is quiet, they know it, but still keep things friendly and efficient. And they've helped me out a zillion times with thru clearances, popup IFRs, difficult students, you name it. Alot of em fly, one has a Cherokee, another a Yak - nice folks.

low-key said:
CMH they suck too, theyre just inept. 2 airplanes inbound from opposite directions and all hell breaks loose.

Negative ghostrider! I gotta stick up for my boyz at CMH. They are the only set or controllers that I have seen land 60 planes in less than 30 minutes on two strips of pavement on four different runways and yes in opposite directions. There is only one approach controller on two different freqs. running all the inbound and outbound traffic as well as only one controller in the tower handling all arrivals, ground traffic and clearance by himself. They are also mixing in jets along with slower props in the whole mess as well.

"I can't believe nobody mentioned Rod in LAX tower"

Good ole rodzilla. I heard he went to the Chicago area, don't know what facility however.

Palomino said:
i have found any major Canadian airport to be more efficient, logical, and precise than any U.S. facility.

traffic seperation is great. weather information is exact. controller instructions and language always clear and concise.

the Canadians do it well. and they are helpful and friendly all the while.

Ok, Ok, wait a minute....

They do a very nice job in Canada no question. But c'mon, their busiest airport is like a large class "C" here. I go to Canada at least once in every pairing (YOW tomm. night) and they are friendly, courteous and professional but they have nothing on the folks in NY CNTR/APP or the folks in ORD for that matter.

Not putting them down, just two completely different worlds. I do like the way the folks in YUL can do back and forth between French and English and never miss a beat.

Bonjour..

Any of you COEX/EXJET guys know if John is still working in CLE Tower?? He had to be one of the funniest controllers I've ever heard. I'm sure theres alot of good stories floating around about him!!!

Latest resources

Back