Unprofessional controllers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ATL,

Not too long ago we landed late at night and made a wrong turn because we normally don't make the first highspeed on the 717 landing on this particular runway. Anyway we held short of the departure rwy and the tower controller laughing just said "citrus, I don't know where you're going but you are cleared to cross rwy XXR and contact ground where ever you end up over there; I know it's late and I hope you get to the gate soon." I, laughing read it back and stated that we normally don't make that high speed and are used to making a left turn and he laughed back and said "I know". " you must be as ready to turnn in tonight as I am" "goodnight".

Cool guys in ATL They just want you to keep moving. Don't stop when cleared to cross the inner rwy even if ground doesn't answer, head for the gate.

IAHERJ

chperplt said:
The first time I went into LGA (end of 00) and heard Ms. Cleo, I felt bad for her. I figured she was a trainee and everyone was hammering her. The second time I went into LGA the captain I was with told me she had been there a long time..

Now I go into LGA and hear her on the radio and think CHA CHING... An extra .5 on the taxi time easily with her at the controls.

I have been at Spot 22 trying to call for taxi in LGA when they have switched to that woman. It brings a sinking feeling to my stomach just thinking about it. 50 minutes later you'd be holding short of double-something with no other aircraft within 3000 feet of you while she tries to work through a mess somewhere else. If we're serious about lowering greenhouse emmisions, she's got to go.

Try to push off the point onto 23. I've had more high blood pressure trying to do that than anything else. I once had a paticular Captain tell me I was being too aggressive trying to get a word in with LGA ground. We had been sitting trying to push for about 7 minutes and they wouldn't answer. I just took off my headset, put my feet up and looked at that person. Isn't aggressive the name of the game in LGA?

Last edited:
ATL has the best controllers. And, since we went to RNAV departures, there are 4200 fewer radio transmissions on Departure per day.(True fact) Buzz is the really nice guy who always says "goodaye sir!" ORD $ucks. IAD $ucks. All of the NY airports are ok if you understand that they are a little but rough on people. Anytime they yell my way I always try to say "Y'all have a great day now, ya hear?" They love me.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Atl

As the ATL guys say, you always have a green light in Atlanta! Lucky for us because people tend to land there with approach still in #1 on occasion. Idiots!;)

He can't be found in a tower. He is at Chicago Center. Anyone know of Rodger. He's a great guy loves to talk to ya.

General

How does ord suck? They are some of the best guys around. More than once when they were busy we just kind of followed the traffic and went right to our gate. About half way there they would say wisconsin you know what your doing keep going. They are great! Now iad IS THE WORST GROUP i HAVE EVER SEEN!!!!!!

PropsR4Boats said:
He can't be found in a tower. He is at Chicago Center. Anyone know of Rodger. He's a great guy loves to talk to ya.

If it's the guy I'm thinking of, I used to get into conversations with him out of ORD going to CID and LNK. Seemed he used to (or still does) work the west-of-ORD sector(s). Nice as hell.

AF :cool:

Latest resources

Back