Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dangerkitty said:
Hey FN FAL,

Do the chicks in your avatar eat a boxed lunch?

What does that have to do with the correlation between the untrustworthy eye witness accounts of the TWA-800 disaster and the trustworthy eye witness accounts of the Katrina baby throat slashings and mass rapes at the super dome?

Thedude said:
If any of you have ever done DoD charters, you would know explosives or ammo are not allowed in the pax cabin at any time.

As already mentioned, in general this depends on the which type of DOD personnel that are being transported as SOCOM and special ops capable units do not play by the same rules as conventional forces.

Annie said:
What are the similarities, if any, between TWA 800, the Egyptian flight, and the Swissair flight that also crashed after take off from New York? Swissair (Sept 2, 1998) and Egypt Air (Oct 31, 1999) I am particularly curious about the distances apart from each other. I am not suggesting that all 3 were shot down by a missile, but I am curious about the length of time after take off, and the proximity to each other (distances).

I do support the missile theory for the TWA 800 crash for many reasons. However, I do not believe it was done by our military.

There are really no similarities here besides general location. Neither of these airplanes exploded in mid air. The evidence was pretty clear in the SwissAir crash that there was a fire in the cabin. As for the EgyptAir crash, there was no evidence of an explosion. For whatever reason it dived into the ocean nose first (probably suicide).

FN FAL said:
What does that have to do with the correlation between the untrustworthy eye witness accounts of the TWA-800 disaster and the trustworthy eye witness accounts of the Katrina baby throat slashings and mass rapes at the super dome?

LOL. Excellent post.

FN FAL said:

That's apples and tangerines. In the case of TWA-800, there were hundreds of witnesses, independant of each other, who describe the same event occuring.
The Superdome, that was like lining up 100 people and telling the first person "Mary was clapping at the concert...pass it on". By the time it reaches the last person it is going to turn into something completely different.

The interim fix required crewmembers to deactivate the center tank pumps at a predetermined level. That procedure may still exist.

I was never on the Whale, this applied to the 767 also.

Oddly enough, the center tanks on our series 767's continued to siphon feed to zero. Irregardless of the boost pump switch position.

I Never blew up! At least as far as I can tell. Is this reality.....Hello, Buehler, anyone. Just digressing, sorry.

Ill Mitch said:
That's apples and tangerines. In the case of TWA-800, there were hundreds of witnesses, independant of each other, who describe the same event occuring.

The Superdome, that was like lining up 100 people and telling the first person "Mary was clapping at the concert...pass it on". By the time it reaches the last person it is going to turn into something completely different.

But, Mary WAS clapping at the concert.

LJDRVR said:
EagleRJ, Yes I did. For every expert like the deceased gentleman who came up with that secondary review, there are dozens of NTSB field investigators who actually conducted the investigation. Note the difference between those two words. Was that gentleman a structures guy? The investigators report was adopted by the full board, who at the time was chaired by Jim Hall, a gentleman who has been a warrior for the truth.

I do appreciate the fact that you've actually looked at this carefully, you're perhaps the only person on this board making this assertion who sounds like he's done enough reading and applied enough critical thought to be entitled to say he's developed an informed opinion. I just happen to think you're wrong. (You are wrong about the which is more likely question, but my question doesn't prove anything.)

You know, it doesn't really matter which is more likely. Look up likely in the dictionary. Something that is likely doesn't always happen, and something that is unlikely often does happen. There are too many unanswered pieces here to write it off as a "certain CFT" explosion. I have read and informed myself about this case, and I believe that it was shot down in some way.

BTW, how do you explain that the video that was produced to show the public what happened was produced by the CIA? The very first time in the history of aviation that the CIA aided in an accident investigation and explination.

atrdriver said:
BTW, how do you explain that the video that was produced to show the public what happened was produced by the CIA? The very first time in the history of aviation that the CIA aided in an accident investigation and explination.

Wrong. "Factish"...but wrong. The assets used were the same that have been used to investigate military mishaps that lacked credible eyewitness reports and/or physical evidence (mostly mishaps at sea).

To be honest I'm not sure exactly who owns the assets or generates the tm data. I've seen it, studied it, and put it back in the safe (as a military Mishap Board member for a fighter lost at sea with no clue what happened).

My estimate is about 100 mishaps that have had "external data" provided by a government agency. It wasn't the CIA, and it wasn't the "first".

Latest resources

Back