Twa 800

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
9GClub said:
Simmer down there, EMBRAER driver.... :cool: ...... Not sure I recall implying that the "seasoned" NTSB folks are liars.... Play nice.

You called the final report a novel, in other words; fiction. If you self-admitedly dont know what you're talking about, then quit throwing about hyperbole concerning the missile scenario.

Here's a little suggested reading, if you're interested in actually finding out who the NTSB is and what's involved with an investigation; Blind Trust, by John Nance. It's a good starting off point for the layman to begin to understand what happens when an airplane crashes. If you find yourself in Houston, you can borrow my copy anytime, just drop me a line.

Last edited:
LJDRVR said:
I have no idea what those other folks saw, but the evidence investigated by the men and women of the NTSB suggest the CWT exploded, and that there was no evidence of a bomb or missle. HMMM....Who to believe???? The head NTSB structures guy, a trained engineer and seasoned accident investigator who is sworn to find the truth and actually conducted an investigation, or some guy who thinks he saw some missile?

You seem to have the impression that all of the trained professionals who have investigated and researched this crash believe that the CWT exploded. Please visit this site: http://www.twa800.com/index.htm

This isn't merely a case of a bunch of ignorant bystanders allowing their emotions to draw conclusions. There are other groups of trained professionals who have done extensive research regarding this accident that disagree with the NTSB's position.

Oh, and here is a link to Commander Donaldson's report.
http://twa800.com/report/report.pdf

As for myself, I don't really have an opinion either way. There is plenty of supporting evidence on both sides. I don't have enough first hand information to come to a conclusion.

Last edited:
SkyBoy1981 said:
I don't have enough first hand information to come to a conclusion.
Ronald Reagan's, "We will never forget..." speech should be information enough.

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]"A man who is always ready to believe what is told him will never do well."
-- Gaius Petronius

[/FONT]

LJDRVR said:
You called the final report a novel, in other words; fiction. If you self-admitedly dont know what you're talking about, then quit throwing about hyperbole concerning the missile scenario.

Here's a little suggested reading, if you're interested in actually finding out who the NTSB is and what's involved with an investigation; Blind Trust, by John Nance. It's a good starting off point for the layman to begin to understand what happens when an airplane crashes. If you find yourself in Houston, you can borrow my copy anytime, just drop me a line.

ok dude, we get it. you don't think it got shot down. everyone that disagrees with you is a moron. how many hours (seriously) have you spent typing on this thread? actually i thought you said "i give up, i can't argue with morons" or something like that on about page 3 or 4. obviously not. i can't tell you to shut up, it's your keyboard...but geez....

by the way i think it was shot down.

I may be new o the 747 but you would think if the center fuel tank was a problem there would have been an emergency AD and that would have grounded every 747 of the same model. To my knowledge the onlyl thing that has been issed by the feds is circular on suggested use of the scavenge fuel pump in the center tank. As soon as that circluar was being distrubited at my company, you should have heard some of the comments from the old salty 747 guys. In a word, they dont believe it either.

Remebr the military Lr-jet that packed in in back in 95. It was supposedly due to fuel imbalance. With a couple of days there was an emergency AD out for flapper valves and that wasnt even the problem (in this case)with the crash of that aircraft.

There are too many inconsistancy with TWA 800 and too many agency were involved in the investigation. What other crash can show the investgation teams were comprised of the NTSB, FBI, CIA and others. Who has the real expertise in crash investigation. I would think the NTSB, but yet it was taken over by the CIA. Kinda strange.
Too many complex things were explained away to easily. My favorite on was the explosive residue found on several of the seats. It was explained away as...the aircraft was used for DoD charters and K-9 training. Well for that much residue to be on the seats, the soliders would have to have coated themselves in C-4 prior to boarding that a/c. If any of you have ever done DoD charters, you would know explosives or ammo are not allowed in the pax cabin at any time.

In a book by Craig Roberts "the medusa files" I actually did read an account of a sailor who confessed to his father while on leave in Norman, OK that his ship accidentally shot down TWA800 and he was asked by the Navy to keep it quiet. Somehow his accusations got in the local newpaper and the author was recounting it in his chapter on TWA800.

Many many eyewitnesses, including Blackhawk and C-130 pilots reported what they thought was a missile. What about a radar guided missile? If so it would've hit right where the 'fuel pump caused the explosion'.

The FBI did withold evidence from the NTSB. How often does that happen?

If it was terrorists, Clinton didn't want to respond by going to war against them at that time. If it was a Naval accident, it was deemed a matter of National Security to keep it quiet.

Crossky said:
In a book by Craig Roberts "the medusa files" I actually did read an account of a sailor who confessed to his father while on leave in Norman, OK that his ship accidentally shot down TWA800 and he was asked by the Navy to keep it quiet. Somehow his accusations got in the local newpaper and the author was recounting it in his chapter on TWA800.

Many many eyewitnesses, including Blackhawk and C-130 pilots reported what they thought was a missile. What about a radar guided missile? If so it would've hit right where the 'fuel pump caused the explosion'.

The FBI did withold evidence from the NTSB. How often does that happen?

If it was terrorists, Clinton didn't want to respond by going to war against them at that time. If it was a Naval accident, it was deemed a matter of National Security to keep it quiet.

And during Katrina, there was a reefer full of dead babies with their throats slit and hundreds of women were getting raped every hour in the super dome. Even the police chief said it was true, but then he had to quit his job...because the NSA told him to keep quiet about it, because it was Bush's fault.

Latest resources

Back