• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Twa 800

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I give up. You missle conspiracy theorists are morons. Large groups of people sworn to defend the very ideals our nation was founded on do not lie to cover up the truth. (Unless Congress is involved.)

Have any of you web-browsing slobs actually ordered and read the full NTSB report?

NO

Have any of you armchair detectives had a shred of training in accident investigation, or have any clue what the NTSB does?

NO

None of you ever answered my 'which is more likely' question. (Posted twice) Beacause you are intellectually lazy and would much rather experience the titilation associated with talking about innuedo and suppositions.

NO FEWER THAN 6 FOUR-ENGINE BOEING JETS HAVE HAD THEIR CWT EXPLODE IN FLIGHT! A SEVENTH ON THE GROUND!

This is a different flight, but just thinking about how news reports come out that mysteriously vanish...
I can't remember the flight number, but I remember it was Egypt Air, and it was October of I believe 1998, and if I remember right the First Officer plunged the aircraft (L-1011 I think) into the Atlantic. But what I remember disctinctly is driving to work that Sunday, very early in the morning, and on the radio they were talking about how the flight had originated in Los Angeles, before stopping in NY where it took off before the crash. They were talking about how i'td encountered some sort of mechanical problem after takeoff in LA, and had made an emergency landing at Edwards AFB before continuing on to NY. I'm not crazy (really, I'm not), but no one has ever heard anything about that, yet there it was, on the radio (probably NPR if I know myself and what I'd have been listening to at that hour), giving this "official" news that either was wrong, was covered up, or whatever, but regardless, it was on the news then never mentioned ever again. An airliner making an emergency landing always makes the news, and at Edwards AFB? That's be big news, so where did they come up with it??

LJDRVR said:
I give up. You missle conspiracy theorists are morons.

All conspiracy theorists are morons. It takes a special kind of idiot to believe that the government that can't even cover up watergate is capable of covering up TWA800, UFOs, Aliens, vanishing navy ships, etc...

LJDRVR said:
I give up. You missle conspiracy theorists are morons. Large groups of people sworn to defend the very ideals our nation was founded on do not lie to cover up the truth.
Olie, is that you? Please tell me that story again about Eugene Hasenfus and how he was just participating in an international skydiving meet?

Last edited:
I tend to discount the thought that the flight was accidently shot down by the military. Again, the number of people who would know about it would be to large to keep this "dirty" secret.
And we are talking about everyone on the ship here. Trust me- when a SM-2 Standard missile lifts off, everyone on the ship knows about it. There's no chance of just a few guys in the CIC covering it up.

I do think one possibility is that the government knew about a threat, had forces in the area to prevent an attack, and failed. That could also justify why they would want to explain it away as an accident, since the American public would be understandibly upset that commercial flights were allowed to fly in harm's way.

LJDRVR said:
Have any of you web-browsing slobs actually ordered and read the full NTSB report?

NO

Have any of you armchair detectives had a shred of training in accident investigation, or have any clue what the NTSB does?

NO

None of you ever answered my 'which is more likely' question. (Posted twice) Beacause you are intellectually lazy and would much rather experience the titilation associated with talking about innuedo and suppositions.

"Yes", "Yes", and "I already did".

So did you take a look at that web site I posted?

Believe me, there's no titilation here. I wish this case were as simple as a design flaw that could be addressed with a mechanical modification. Preventing it from happening again means determining the true cause, and the evidence suggests the case is far from closed.

I'm sifting through the NTSB novel right now. AAR-00/03 for those who are interested. Seems like it's easier to find it from Google than from ntsb.gov. 341 pages-- not your light, before-bedtime reading.

Compelling? Not sure yet.

Rich? You betcha.

The Human Torch was denied a bank loan.

Sorry that was my "Anchorman" tribute.

The 74 is one complex piece of machinery boys and girls......

9GClub said:
I'm sifting through the NTSB novel right now

First you assert the military did it, now you are effectively calling seasoned NTSB investigators a bunch of liars. You sir, have no clue what you're talking about.

EagleRJ, Yes I did. For every expert like the deceased gentleman who came up with that secondary review, there are dozens of NTSB field investigators who actually conducted the investigation. Note the difference between those two words. Was that gentleman a structures guy? The investigators report was adopted by the full board, who at the time was chaired by Jim Hall, a gentleman who has been a warrior for the truth.

I do appreciate the fact that you've actually looked at this carefully, you're perhaps the only person on this board making this assertion who sounds like he's done enough reading and applied enough critical thought to be entitled to say he's developed an informed opinion. I just happen to think you're wrong. (You are wrong about the which is more likely question, but my question doesn't prove anything.)

LJDRVR,
I wont disagree with you that a coverup sounds next to impossible! But answer my questions.......

-The irrefutable 500+ eyewitnesses who saw an object from streak from the ground up (if they mistook the 747 exploding as a missile then why did it originate from the ground?)
-A missile being observed at 16,000 feet from a Pakistan Airlines 747?
-A 737 pilot enroute from Boston to Trenton, NJ seeing a "bizarre white flash of light followed by an explosion seconds later?
-ETC ETC

FN FAL said:
Olie, is that you? Please tell me that story again about Eugene Hasenfus and how he was just participating in an international skydiving meet?

Hey Fabrique, That was a small group of liars who were aware what they were doing was illegal, but believed it was a noble cause. They couldn't keep it a secret. I'm taliking about hundreds of folks with direct involvement, who would have either had direct knowledge what really happened, or first hand expeerience with inapropriate government interference with an investigation. And these are people who were not clandestine operatives, but paid LEO's and investigators. None of those folks have said a thing. Why? Because the CWT exploded.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back